Either way, I wanna know!

DJMayes you too! (if you don't mind)
    Okay then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    haha true, I just hope they accept me even if i miss the grades
    what do you need for ur firm?
    oo cool, we're both down the science line then - i've applied for pharmacy
    Well you know what they say about us sciencey lot - we're about as cool as nerds can be :cool:

I need either AAA for the masters, or AAB for the bachelors What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping someone can help me out with 2 questions:

1. If your firm choice is in clearing, does that mean it'll be easier for you to get in?]

2. How much does the original target grade change for a subject that is in clearing? e.g If it was ABB before could it possibly go down to BBC or lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Okay then
    What time you collecting results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    yea they most likely will aha hopefully, i'll cry in front of them to make them feel guilty

yea I do, need aab for my firm wbu?
    Yep, that should do it. There's nothing like emotionally blackmailing your head to give you your results.

Ah awesome, where for and what will you be studying? I need A*A*A for my firm, which is great because I don't think I'll even get one A*.

ReputationRep:
    I can recommend watching 'whose line' to take your mind off it love that show! wish it was on more often in the uk!
    any other fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyUxUqyPVgs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    Well you know what they say about us sciencey lot - we're about as cool as nerds can be :cool:

I need either AAA for the masters, or AAB for the bachelors What about yourself?
    aha spot on there

aahhh good luck! I need aab for my firm and abb for insurance. my degree only comes in the masters form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    I can just picture now logging in track on Thurs and seeing my offer still 'conditional'. Will be the most anti-climatic thing ever.
    this. I'll actually just go to sleep if this happens :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmisssunshine13)
    I can recommend watching 'whose line' to take your mind off it love that show! wish it was on more often in the uk!
    any other fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyUxUqyPVgs
    I love that! Mock the week is the second best after it.. for me
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    What A2 results do you have so far, and what marks are you expecting in M2 and FP2?

Warwick do let in several people who miss their grades. According to what I've been told by a current Warwick student, they also offer places on their Discrete Maths course to people who miss their Maths offers sometimes.
    Well I got an 88 in D2 which isn't very impressive but its something and for FP2 I think I'm only dropping the last 2 marks and in M2 I think I have gotten 60 or above, I'll just recheck with the mark schemes now. Also yeah I've been told the same thing, however I'd probably not do the Discrete Maths course if offered because I'm not too sure what it would consist of. I'd just go to Nottingham instead if that were the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Yep, that should do it. There's nothing like emotionally blackmailing your head to give you your results.

Ah awesome, where for and what will you be studying? I need A*A*A for my firm, which is great because I don't think I'll even get one A*.
    haha we're allowed to do what we want on results day

pharmacy at kings urself?
    omg wow, you're clearly capable so don't doubt yourself
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What time you collecting results?
    9am

ReputationRep:
    Well I got an 88 in D2 which isn't very impressive but its something and for FP2 I think I'm only dropping the last 2 marks and in M2 I think I have gotten 60 or above, I'll just recheck with the mark schemes now. Also yeah I've been told the same thing, however I'd probably not do the Discrete Maths course if offered because I'm not too sure what it would consist of. I'd just go to Nottingham instead if that were the case.
    Discrete Maths is another name for Decision Maths

ReputationRep:
    This may have been asked/answered, if so I do apologize.
    What is the general pattern, UCAS updating and then emails from individual universities or?
    Also will the university email you if you are rejected?

ReputationRep:
    For those who say "be optimistic" or "you'll do fine":

No. Be pessimistic. You're going to do awful. You'll put all your family to disgrace, AS: you'll spend the rest of your school life crying and stressing because of your terrible results. A2: you're not going to university. You're going to fail, and spend the rest of your life in ASDA watching your friends become doctors and lawyers.

Repeat these words, and you'll always be happy. Be pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    9am
    Aah okay, I'll collect results an hour later!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping the grade boundaries for AQA maths C4 and OCR Biology F215 are looooww. I still can't forget that maths exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilgamesh)

No. Be pessimistic. You're going to do awful. You'll put all your family to disgrace, AS: you'll spend the rest of your school life crying and stressing because of your terrible results. A2: you're not going to university. You're going to fail, and spend the rest of your life in ASDA watching your friends become doctors and lawyers.

I'm kinda doing that. I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but I'm keeping a low expectation on my grade so I don't feel disappointed when I see them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilgamesh)

ASDA probably doesn't even want us
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Discrete Maths is another name for Decision Maths
    Oh, I don't think I could do a degree on that stuff, the game theory wasn't too bad but other parts of it were just awful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.