Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Hi. Someone might want to back me up on this but I'm pretty sure that if the course closes you are notified of that so that you can make another choice, so I don't think they will have closed. Neither does not hearing mean they aren't considering your application. I didn't have a confirmation from any of mine yet got three interviews. When did you apply? Some places may take a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks to comfort me dear.I applied on 31st and paid my fees.hope to get something this week. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know if I can complete a longer SKE course than my conditional offer specifies? I've been asked to complete a 12 week maths but would like to do a longer one if I will get funding for it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone attending an interview at Lincoln BGU Friday morning?

ReputationRep:
    Finally been able to rearrange one of my interviews that I couldn't attend... Now got next Monday and Wednesday for interviews! Excited but nervous...

Prepping presentations and doing research on educational/subject issues whilst sat in a chalet in France is much more relaxing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MirandaKate)
    Hi there, I've applied for Schools Direct in Hull, and have an interview, but heard nothing from my application to Hull University yet (Primary PGCE). Anyone else heard anything?
    I know some people who have interviews, but they're all at Hull for an undergrad degree in Education and they were told they were guaranteed an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    Thanks to comfort me dear.I applied on 31st and paid my fees.hope to get something this week. Fingers crossed...
    As in 31st of December? If so you have nothing to worry about yet! That only leaves a couple of working days and unis have been closed so you may even be waiting a couple of weeks. I think I was waiting a week for my first two interviews and about three for my last.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Primary interview tomorrow, and am currently researching some educational issues that I can talk about. Do you think that the educational issues will have to be related to Primary education specifically, or would I be able to talk about something such as the PISA results, or performance-related pay for teachers? I'm finding it really difficult to unearth any Primary educational issues with enough supporting evidence

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell me briefly the type of level/question format for the maths and English tests at a Primary PGCE interview at St. Mary's Twickenham?

I'm trying to learn so much and it is taking time away from my actual interview prep!

Help... please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Finally been able to rearrange one of my interviews that I couldn't attend... Now got next Monday and Wednesday for interviews! Excited but nervous...

Prepping presentations and doing research on educational/subject issues whilst sat in a chalet in France is much more relaxing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooooo you lucky thing! Hope your enjoying yourself too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siffatsaad)
    I finished and paid a month before you and am still waiting to hear from 2 of my providers. You may have a while to wait yet, just try and stay calm as they will get back to you it's just a matter of sifting through all of the applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_R23)
    Anyone have an interview for pgce primary at St Marys? Or any advice if you've already had one? I have mine next Wednesday and am very nervous!! x
    What sort of stuff are you revising for the maths and english tests?

ReputationRep:
    Just doing some interview prep for Weds, preparing my presentation. I will be given a 'mystery object' to give another presentation on as well. I am totally dreading this one because it's for R.E. and there are plenty of items I will be clueless about, but I'm hoping I won't be alone there. I am just going to read up on some well known ones and hoping they don't give me a really obscure one. I may as well leave straight after if I end up having to say 'sorry I don't know what this is' .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    I have a Primary interview tomorrow, and am currently researching some educational issues that I can talk about. Do you think that the educational issues will have to be related to Primary education specifically, or would I be able to talk about something such as the PISA results, or performance-related pay for teachers? I'm finding it really difficult to unearth any Primary educational issues with enough supporting evidence
    Hi,

It might be worth looking at the changes to the Primary Curriculum and how this might impact on Primary education. For example, the change from teaching ICT to 'Computing' and how staff are expected to all be trained up in this enough to teach it from September, without much guidance. Just one example though - have a search of http://www.theguardian.com/education for primary education issues, sure they'll be loads more examples there.

But your ideas about PRP and say managing high workloads etc sound fine too.

Cindy

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Airfairy;45835819]I did my first practice for the maths and got 50%. I'm not too bummed about that though because I didn't do any prep and haven't done maths in five years so I know with a bit of reading up and a few more practice tests I'll be fine! The 18 seconds for the mental maths goes awfully fast though... The other bit

i got got something like 35% haven't done maths for 14 years so I'm mega rusty!!!! I've got the books to revise so been doing an hour everyday, think I'll wait another week and try another practice test. My real test is 18th Feb, dreading it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is probably a really silly question.

The uni's want to see our certificates and take a copy of them.

Can these copies be in black and white?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Birmingham University for Primary!

However, they are sketchy with the details, am I right in thinking I have an interview and two tests?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango93)
    Just got an email from UCAS saying 'Something has changed', I logged in and everything is exactly the same!!!!!!!!! Has this happened to anyone else?
    Yeah it did to me, I was very confused and thought it was just me!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else finding it extremely difficult to prepare a presentation for only 2-3 minutes! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    did my first practice for the maths and got 50%. I'm not too bummed about that though because I didn't do any prep and haven't done maths in five years so I know with a bit of reading up and a few more practice tests I'll be fine! The 18 seconds for the mental maths goes awfully fast though... The other bit

i got got something like 35% haven't done maths for 14 years so I'm mega rusty!!!! I've got the books to revise so been doing an hour everyday, think I'll wait another week and try another practice test. My real test is 18th Feb, dreading it.
    Yeah 14 years is a long time. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure you'll be fine after some revising . I think the most important thing I'll need to revise is how to convert decimals/fractions/percentages. Also look into Numeracy Ready if you're really worried. They have 20 more practice tests and some additional stuff for £20 (I think). I think I will highly rely on that, I've heard good things about it from people on here! At least you have over a month until your test.

Side question - is contacting a provider to ask when you'll hear back a big nono?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    is anyone else finding it extremely difficult to prepare a presentation for only 2-3 minutes! :confused:
    Yes! What is your presentation based on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.