Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)
    TBH with you akhi I don't like Muslim girls in Islam they are too stuck up and think they are paramount over everyone just because they are pious which I find conceited and hypocritical.
    Perhaps it isn't them and it's you?

Either that or you're meeting the wrong type of Muslims.

Islam just depresses and I so badly want to become theist but for the Love of my mother I will stay in Islam:sigh:.
    You can't stay in Islam being so half hearted. You're either a Muslim in your belief or you're not. Wallahi I find it strange when people say Islam depresses. What is it you find depressing about it?

Some of the earlier scholars who were imprisoned for years on end used to say stuff like :

“If the kings knew the happiness and pleasure that we feel in our hearts, they would come and try to take it away from us with the tips of their swords.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    You can't stay in Islam being so half hearted. You're either a Muslim in your belief or you're not. Wallahi I find it strange when people say Islam depresses. What is it you find depressing about it?

Some of the earlier scholars who were imprisoned for years on end used to say stuff like :

“If the kings knew the happiness and pleasure that we feel in our hearts, they would come and try to take it away from us with the tips of their swords.”
    Restrictions, mainly with sexual intercourse. If that weren't a restriction, would be alright tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Perhaps it isn't them and it's you?

Either that or you're meeting the wrong type of Muslims.

Prsom, 100% agree.
    I assume it's the girls he's after, Idk but that's what I get from his posts.

ReputationRep:
    I respect the values and the beliefs of Islam it is my life experience with this Religion that is causing me to leave.

I don't feel welcomed or accepted by my fellow Muslim brother or sisters.
    There's very little unity, I feel the same. When I have a valid question, people claim I'm trolling :/ or they tell me to piss off. I dislike muslim environments in general, tbh..

ReputationRep:
    How?

(Original post by Anonynous)
    There's very little unity, I feel the same. When I have a valid question, people claim I'm trolling :/ or they tell me to piss off. I dislike muslim environments in general, tbh..
    There's a certain way to go about things.
    You're right about unity though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    There's a certain way to go about things.
    You're right about unity though.
    There's really only one way you go about asking a question. Either you ask it or you don't.

ReputationRep:
    There's really only one way you go about asking a question. Either you ask it or you don't.
    I don't want to expose you but have a think about what other things you posted when you asked a question.
    Plus you were asking people to talk about their sins (if they had committed them) which isn't right. Why did you need to know what people do? If you needed help or advice you could have asked for it.

Biryani can you please stop so belittle towards me

Islam Is causing me to suffer from depressing and you seem to take enjoyment from this fact.:sigh:
    I'm not getting any enjoyment from it...it's just that you're always banging on about Muslim girls and annoying us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I don't know how you got from loans to that :facepalm2:

If we give you attention we are thirsty and if we don't we're arrogant :facepalm2:
    :lol:
    good one.
    The guy just likes to troll. It is his full time occupation!!

ReputationRep:
    Restrictions, mainly with sexual intercourse. If that weren't a restriction, would be alright tbh.
    Kinda like mut'ah you mean?

Serious though akhi, there's a reason why among the 7 shaded under the throne, is the one who resists the fitnah of zina.

Obviously I'd advise you to get married but I know how difficult it is and the expectations walis have.

ReputationRep:
    :-/

ReputationRep:
    Yes but what if one uses a condom when penetrating does it still count as a sin because your avoiding pregnancy so I honestly don't see any harm:dontknow:.

This is the western world and where I live In London it is a embarrassment to not lose your virginity before 18.
    The act itself is haram so it's a sin. It's kinda like saying is taking a sip of alcohol a sin, as you're not getting drunk so there's no harm.

The fundamental reason as to why it's haram is because Allah has forbidden it.

You're hanging around with the wrong people and it's not to do with where in London you live.

ReputationRep:
    X

In the hopes that you are being genuine I say this:

Firstly we all come under doubt at some points in our lives and that is the nature of humans.
    We question and we seek answers. add to that the constant waswassah of the sheytan and the nafs and its desires and at stages you may feel your Iman is weakening or fading or doubts creeping in.
    Doubts happen to everyone, and believe it or not it even happened to some companions of the prophet pbuh, when some of them came to him pbuh and complained doubts they had about God and the faith, and the prophet told them that that is the beginning of true faith.
    It is a great opportunity to reaffirm your faith and get closer to Allah swt.
    Seek answers to your questions, learn more of your faith, educate yourself about matters of the deen, take a step back and look at things one by one, read the quran, listen to the quran, seek people of knowledge to ask your questions and finally and most importantly be sincere and ask for guidance from Allah swt and remember to say :
    Rabbana laa tuziiq quluubana ba'ada ma hadaiitanaa waa hab lanaa min ladunka rahmataan inakaa anta al-wahaab.
    Our Lord, Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure

Ps people wouldn't simply ignore you for no reason and that is really hard to imagine someone at a mosque ignoring a salaam regardless of if you have a beard or not, try to address why this happens is this with a specific group of people or everyone?!!

Also idle talk (such as trolling) is one of the biggest killers of the heart may Allah make your heart and our hearts alive with imaan, so try and avoid idle talk as much as possible and come join us in the isoc where you will be more than welcome.
    The isoc is populated by a bunch of very lovely people come and have nice dardashaah (chit chat) with us.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I am, are you? 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes my intentions are genuine
    but Islam is constantly being bombarded by doubters
    thirdly I live in a western society it is not easy for me to keep my faith when Atheism is so prevalent and becoming stronger and stronger day by day and new questions are being proposed on why Islam is not the true way of life.
    We all live in western society. It's not easy, but then again life was never going to be easy. Prison of a muslim and the paradise of a kaafir, remember? We're all humans and we all have doubts, you just need to surround yourself with the right people so you can actually learn your deen and dispell these doubts, otherwise Shaytan will cause them to fester and multiply.

ReputationRep:
    Yes my intentions are genuine
    but Islam is constantly being bombarded by doubters
    thirdly I live in a western society it is not easy for me to keep my faith when Atheism is so prevalent and becoming stronger and stronger day by day and new questions are being proposed on why Islam is not the true way of life.
    So what if atheism is prevalent, does the actions of others dictate who you are and what you are?!
    If you are so easily swayed by such questions brother then you must do one of two things:
    a) educate yourself about your faith, learn more about islam, find answers to the questions you have

b)if you can not gain knowledge then stay away from things that cause you doubts, and that is the weakest way out, and remember Allah loves the strong muslim more than the weak and both are good.
    Don't just sit with doubts try and get answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Yh I am, are you? 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maxaad tiri?
    yaad cayneeysa

ReputationRep:
    you are right I should keep better company around me and study more on my deen to increase my faith

And I think I might join my fellow muslim brother and sisters in I-soc

Hopefully you will welcome me and not push me away like normal.
    Come over and say salaam.
    No one will push you.
    We don't bite you know............ unless you ask

ReputationRep:
    I respect the values and the beliefs of Islam it is my life experience with this Religion that is causing me to leave.

Salaam,

Firstly, TSR is a terrible place if you're just a Muslim but you don't know a lot because because they will make you doubt Islam. However a LOT of work has been done by Muslims recently to refute atheists and atheism. Brother all you have to do is go on google/youtube and you'll find them. Their belief at the end of the day, no matter how intellectually and scientifically they might try to word it, is that the universe just came from nowhere. These are also people who are now saying incest is fine! If only you'd knew how foolish atheism is, you wouldn't be having doubts.The atheists have declared war on Islam and it is YOUR duty to equip yourself with knowledge and iman. This brings me to my second point which is you have to try to establish a relationship with your Lord. You have to learn about Islam because often we know very little lot and then your love for this deen will grow and soon you will find yourself being able to resist all the things the dunya tries to lure us with. How long will you stay in this world? 50, 60, 70 years? Is it really worth millions of years in blazing fire? Make the right choices, your time will be over before you know it.

Subhanallah, we are here complaining about how we can't have pre marital relationships but do we know about how many people have suffered to bring this deen to us? Sumayya, the first martyr of Islam was killed by an arrow being pierced into her private parts.

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.
    And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)."

This is probably your test, stay strong!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Brixtons.Baddest;51111067]
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    In the hopes that you are being genuine I say this:

Sorry Brother I forgot to answer one of your questions you asked me
    Yes the brothers in the masjid that ignore me are a group
    One of the brothers tried to approach my sister at the bus stop but my sister ignored him because she is not allowed to date outside of the religion so the brother got upset and hence ever since then him and the fellow brothers have been ignoring me I know this because my sister told my mum about this particular brother but I pay no attention to him when I enter the masjid but because he is quite a popular brother there in the masjid the other brothers tend to ignore me which was caused by gossip which upsets me because the accusations being thrown at me and my family are false.:sigh:
    And the fact that I don't grow a beard makes them judge me even more.
    A dude that approaches a girl at a bus stop and on top of that ignores fellow muslims due to his fitnah being blocked has no right to take the religious high ground with regards to growing a beard, you are better off just ignoring them.
    Also add to that the fact that they backbite and gossip behind your back adds to their double standards, a clean shaven brother with a hoodie and denim jeans and a pure heart is better than a brother with a beard to his navel, a miswak, a qamiss and kufi that backbites and instigates gossip

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.