The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How does one have more confidence in praying salah ? Basically I work in a call centre and we used to have a prayer room which was fine but now they have taken the prayer room away, so we have to read on the side. I do read there, obviously I cannot miss salah and dont want to miss it either. But it gets a little awkward going there as people will see, if its the asians then its fine as they know what your doing.

I understand it doesnt matter who see's like I said im not going to miss salah. I mean there was one guy who would go and read and that would be re-assuring, but now he's left and im on my own:frown:.
Original post by h333
😂 I can't imagine you getting banned bless x

Lol well believe it or not it happened once:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Same lol I thought it was because of one of my comments :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂😂 nah your comments are lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
How does one have more confidence in praying salah ? Basically I work in a call centre and we used to have a prayer room which was fine but now they have taken the prayer room away, so we have to read on the side. I do read there, obviously I cannot miss salah and dont want to miss it either. But it gets a little awkward going there as people will see, if its the asians then its fine as they know what your doing.

I understand it doesnt matter who see's like I said im not going to miss salah. I mean there was one guy who would go and read and that would be re-assuring, but now he's left and im on my own:frown:.

Good job on praying it like that bro. May Allah reward you. I don't have much advice for this sorry. I think you'll just get used to it overtime and eventually any feelings of awkwardness will disappear (or atleast lessen).
(edited 7 years ago)

Salam alaikum.
I completely understand, it's an awkward situation. I think the best thing to do is acquire khushoo (concentration) in your prayer, so that your attention is towards Allah swt only and you're oblivious to the individuals around you. There are many videos present on youtube that offer amazing advice on how to gain concentration, also many books.
May Allah make it easy for you.

Also, any possibilities of praying in a nearby masjid? Or an area in general where there isn't too many people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4345

Salaam.

Is it not possible to go else where near, where there is less people/more peace for you to concentrate on your prayers?
If not then dw use what is available to you and just remind yourself that you are going to stand in front of your creator so that is more important than others staring at you for being the only one there to pray. Insha'Allah you will be rewarded for your struggles. May Allah make it easier for you. Ameen.

Original post by beautifulxxx
Lol well believe it or not it happened once:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way 😮
(edited 7 years ago)

Like others have said, have full concentration on your salah and less on the people around you. Just look down and try to block out all distractions.
You'll get used to it and eventually won't give a toss what other people think lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speaking of salah, what's the most awkward place you guys have prayed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awkward? Probably in the middle of the field in Alton Towers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

My classroom😒 my teacher asked for a demonstration infront of the whole class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4351
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm maybe on the plane and at the park. Wbu?
Looks like an interesting event.

Via Abu Eesa.

Everyone supports the giving of da'wah and its obligation! Well, just as long as you don't upset the feminists, the perennialists, those that follow a different madh-hab, those that belong to a different sect, those who are *Sunni* ISIS supporters, those who are *Shi'a* Militia fans, those folks who are really popular and loved by everyone - actually, ignore all the misguidance and wrong-doing, just don't topple the cart, disturb the peace, and let everyone do what they want to do. Free country innit. DONT JUJ!This nonsense needs debunking. This Saturday 4pm UK time iA atwww.mopacademy.org online.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4353
Original post by IdeasForLife
Looks like an interesting event.

Via Abu Eesa.

😮 where?
Original post by h333
😮 where?

This Saturday 4pm UK time iA at www.mopacademy.org online.

I imagine it's going to be some sort of livestream.
Original post by Enginerd.
Awkward? Probably in the middle of the field in Alton Towers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol saying your final prayers eh :tongue:

Original post by beautifulxxx
My classroom😒 my teacher asked for a demonstration infront of the whole class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool been in the same situation, so embarrassing.

Original post by h333
Hmmm maybe on the plane and at the park. Wbu?

Cool :smile:
Idk probably random footpaths/corridors lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Outside on the ground, had to put my coat over it to pray though
Original post by ak143244
Outside on the ground, had to put my coat over it to pray though

Ah cool.
You should get them travel pocket prayer mats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4358
Original post by IdeasForLife
This Saturday 4pm UK time iA at www.mopacademy.org online.

I imagine it's going to be some sort of livestream.

Right thanks :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Ah cool.
You should get them travel pocket prayer mats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have never ever came across those pocket prayer mats...

Latest

Trending

Trending