Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Hmm. I guess. I just didn't realise that my time is almost up at the school and I haven't achieved as much as I wanted to achieve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Totally know what you mean. I feel I've made no progress, and there's so little time left. Plus, one week will be spent on a primary placement for me.

I had my worst lesson ever today. I can't believe how bad it was. I'm humiliated thinking about it. It was 100x times worse than my first ever lesson and I just went into the toilets for a bit of a sob afterwards haha. Then I went back for feedback. Bad times. Seriously made me doubt everything but I figure I may as well get this first placement out of the way now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Totally know what you mean. I feel I've made no progress, and there's so little time left. Plus, one week will be spent on a primary placement for me.

I had my worst lesson ever today. I can't believe how bad it was. I'm humiliated thinking about it. It was 100x times worse than my first ever lesson and I just went into the toilets for a bit of a sob afterwards haha. Then I went back for feedback. Bad times. Seriously made me doubt everything but I figure I may as well get this first placement out of the way now.
    I have been exactly the same after my y7 lessons, its so gut wrenching when it goes horribly wrong, but just think, we can start afresh in our next placement, not long now!

ReputationRep:
    I've been given good with outstanding in subject knowledge. So overall
    I got a good. At my university if you get a 3 the university have a meeting with the school and put in an intervention. I suppose all Unis are different. I would never expect my final grade to be outstanding, even by the end of the course as I'm no where near that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    I got a good. At my university if you get a 3 the university have a meeting with the school and put in an intervention. I suppose all Unis are different. I would never expect my final grade to be outstanding, even by the end of the course as I'm no where near that.
    Really, they're concerned by 3's at this stage? We've been told that theyre not concerned by 3s at this stage as we're still learning, its if we're still getting them at easter that uni will get concerned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Uni's do it differently - the old way our mid-term reports were done was in relation for how we were doing considering we were 3/4 weeks into teaching so most trainees would get good and above...
    They've not changed it so that they're grading us as if it were a final report for the whole PGCE so that's why pretty much noone is above minimum for mine :')

ReputationRep:
    Finally feeling the pressure now. Due to illness and my laptop messing up yet again I have fallen behind on my assignments (one of which includes two lesson plans). Looks like I might have to pull an all nighter this weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our university are happy if you get 3's at this stage! (3 being met the standards) They're expecting us to be 'emerging'.

Had my first official lesson observation yesterday and a good chat with my tutor afterwards and I realise I have made progress which is good, I didn't think I had made any until we actually sat down and talked about it. Looking forward to a bit of a break now over christmas!

But for now I have to try and teach some year 9's some chemistry! Fun times!

ReputationRep:
    So i had my official tutor observation today, typically a fire alarm went off the lesson before meaning i had hardly any time to sort out the room before they came in to observe. Still i got a 3A which i was kind of dissapointed by but im told is about right for this point in the course...ah well, just need to keep trying

ReputationRep:
    Typical = I'm in bed ill with the flu and my uni observation is supposed to be on Monday. I'm really worried I won't be able to come in. I know that it's only Friday but the flu can last a week...

ReputationRep:
    Typical = I'm in bed ill with the flu and my uni observation is supposed to be on Monday. I'm really worried I won't be able to come in. I know that it's only Friday but the flu can last a week...
    Oh no! Feel better soon!! Just get yourself better, thats the most important thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchit99)
    Oh no! Feel better soon!! Just get yourself better, thats the most important thing!
    I guess so! It's just hard to relax and try to get better when you know you have so much to do and an important obs on Monday

Does anyone here have anyone in their placement schools from a different uni? How do your experiences compare?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just been out for drinks as some of the other trainees at my school finished today. I love my school and it's really starting to hit me that I'll leave in a couple of weeks time

I also think my ITT coordinator is amazing and nobody will ever compare to her at all.

On a happier front: my year 9 class was brilliant! I loved it completely and they loved it too. And I taught pshe on bullying earlier and that was good too. Only areas of improvement were waiting for them to listen and making sure pupils understand the outcome of the task

I absolutely love teaching :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here have anyone in their placement schools from a different uni? How do your experiences compare?
    My university is much tougher on us than the other student's, but I think it's actually better in the long run. My tutor is in and out of school all the time, so I'm getting quite familiar with her (and so are the kids) and she's got a better picture of my abilities. Whereas the other student saw her tutor once, for 45 minutes, and that was that.

I am absolutely exhausted tonight. I looked at myself in the mirror and I look dreadful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peony flowers)
    My university is much tougher on us than the other student's, but I think it's actually better in the long run. My tutor is in and out of school all the time, so I'm getting quite familiar with her (and so are the kids) and she's got a better picture of my abilities. Whereas the other student saw her tutor once, for 45 minutes, and that was that.

I am absolutely exhausted tonight. I looked at myself in the mirror and I look dreadful!
    Ahh, see this is what I was getting at actually. I always feel like we are in a competition with each other as to who is having the most challenging time! I was teaching with a supply teacher the other day, and she went to the other teacher training uni in my area, and she started going on about how much harder they have it at that uni and how I have no idea what hard work is...which really pissed me off to be honest. We have a trainee at school who is at the same uni she was talking about and she's not even been teaching yet and sits around doing nothing, so I felt insulted for her to say she is having a harder time than me.

(not getting at you at all here, just linking it with what I'd heard at school!)

ReputationRep:
    Just been out for drinks as some of the other trainees at my school finished today. I love my school and it's really starting to hit me that I'll leave in a couple of weeks time

I also think my ITT coordinator is amazing and nobody will ever compare to her at all.

On a happier front: my year 9 class was brilliant! I loved it completely and they loved it too. And I taught pshe on bullying earlier and that was good too. Only areas of improvement were waiting for them to listen and making sure pupils understand the outcome of the task

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How nice to read this! I am a TA and will start my School Direct PGCE in Early Years in sep 2015. Your post is heartwarming after all the negative posts I read xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really sad that my placement ends next week! It has been tough at times but always manageable and I am even more convinced that teaching is what I want to do!! So proud of what I've achieved in these past weeks. :-)

And I sit here writing this as I plan for next week....on a Friday night. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I am really sad that my placement ends next week! It has been tough at times but always manageable and I am even more convinced that teaching is what I want to do!! So proud of what I've achieved in these past weeks. :-)

And I sit here writing this as I plan for next week....on a Friday night. Haha.
    Good to hear xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Took two full lessons today and got generally positive feedback which I'm pleased about. Will have an observation next week which I'm now frantically planning for.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Be on the lookout for a job there then

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, see this is what I was getting at actually. I always feel like we are in a competition with each other as to who is having the most challenging time!

(not getting at you at all here, just linking it with what I'd heard at school!)
    Even people on the same course do that though! There seems to be so much competitive misery over who has the most disruptive class, least helpful teacher, biggest workload... I admit I am absolutely exhausted but I prefer to deal with the positives!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.