Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    BBC to replay the Monday night games on their iplayer

ReputationRep:
    And MNF will be live on the red button. Great news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Very annoying having to grind for XP before you can be a starter in careers mode. I made a HB for the Bucs, played 3 seasons and never got to start! Every time I got my stats up, they'd pick up another RB better than me in the offseason! Very frustrating being a returner and benchwarmer for 3 seasons. They'd bring me in for the odd play during a game but it'd be right near the 2 minute warning or end of quarter so I wouldn't actually get to do anything due to time running out!
    I made a HB for the Ravens so I'm stuck behind Ray Rice. Played a season and a half and getting bored of two kick returns and a couple of pass plays per game, I think after 9 games I've racked up a grand total of 37 rush yards from 6 carries towards my 1000 yard (?!) target.

Is there any way to push yourself up the order or will I just have to trade out to a team with no established HB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Is there any way to push yourself up the order or will I just have to trade out to a team with no established HB?
    Lol the ravens! You'd have to grind for like 10 seasons to get stats better than Rice!

Unfortunately as far as i know, there is no way to alter the depth chart, you either have to grind training for max 1250xp a week or demand release during the offseason, go to a different team to achieve milestones etc. Then try to go back to your favourite team. Stupid i know! Teams i remember needing running backs are packers redskins and lions.

I understand EA want realism but it just isn't fun being on the bench and having to grind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so lost but is it right that Sky have the usual 3 Sunday afternoon/ evening games, C4-SNF and BBC have MNF?

ReputationRep:
    Quite enjoyed watching the boys dispatch the Giants. If it wasn't for 13 penalties, Dallas would have romped it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'm so lost but is it right that Sky have the usual 3 Sunday afternoon/ evening games, C4-SNF and BBC have MNF?
    Sky have 2 games every Sunday, as well as Thursday games, and yes, Channel 4 have SNF and BBC will show MNF on the red button and online.

Wait the BBC have MNF? what happened to ESPN?

I missed the season opener of the NFL, does anyone know where to find it on Anytime? or do I have to look elsewhere? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      Got my Gronk jersey today and its made me even more excited for the Patriots opener against the titans.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by johnharris19944)
      Got my Gronk jersey today and its made me even more excited for the Patriots opener against the titans.
      Mate I'm so excited! Got to work sunday night so I will miss it, but I will watch it straight away when I get home

(Original post by The Patriot)
        Mate I'm so excited! Got to work sunday night so I will miss it, but I will watch it straight away when I get home
        Is the Patriots game on TV? if it is, totally buzzing more than I was

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tehFrance)
        Is the Patriots game on TV? if it is, totally buzzing more than I was
        I don't know but i got game pass haha so im going to be using that.

(Original post by The Patriot)
        Gah cant wait to see how we do a little worried about the offensive line but other then that i got a good feeling.

I don't know but i got game pass haha so im going to be using that.
          I don't think it is, look on both Canal+ and Sky :sad:

Oh well always other ways of getting the game :awesome:

ReputationRep:
          Hoping Brady lights **** up!

ReputationRep:
          I don't think it is, look on both Canal+ and Sky :sad:

Oh well always other ways of getting the game :awesome:
          Mmm yeah there always is the frowned upon way :ninja:

Crushing feeling though last year when i bought game pass and thought it was gonna be worth it when the superbowl came around and Patriots win that but they lost and it made me think i wasted all that season late nights and money :cries:

Hopefully 3rd attempt at the bowl this year and we can end the drought...

ReputationRep:
          WOW. Saints players have had their suspensions overturned. If Goodell decides not to counter the overturning then the Saints could be on a huge high.

Ugh just found the NFL UK schedule... not impressed, no Patriots until Week 3 then Week 14 and 15... like WTF?

Don't get me wrong though, the December games have a high chance of snow and I love watching the NFL when it snows reminds me, must try for next season to get to New England so I can see a game live, anyone been to Gillette Stadium? what is it like atmosphere wise? is it as amazing as I envision it to be :adore:

ReputationRep:
            Ugh just found the NFL UK schedule... not impressed, no Patriots until Week 3 then Week 14 and 15... like WTF?

Don't get me wrong though, the December games have a high chance of snow and I love watching the NFL when it snows reminds me, must try for next season to get to New England so I can see a game live, anyone been to Gillette Stadium? what is it like atmosphere wise? is it as amazing as I envision it to be :adore:
            Remember Patriots against the Titans when we absolutely slaughtered them in the snow and they didn't even score against the Pats. Hopefully they have a game like that this season.

Also in reference to your question about going there for a live game Yeah the atmosphere is amazing and the seats were really good as well, makes you feel right at home with everyone else during the Patriots but for soccer its pretty bad since the crowds that draw are poor but if its the NFL then your gonna have a rocking time. They seem to have everything there shopping center, movie theater, bars and even hotels its almost state of the art. However big negative is getting in and out is a complete nightmare traffic was so bad when we visited and expensive but in the end positives outweigh the negative by far and i highly recommend you one day go!

Oh and i forgot to mention it is pricey but what i would do for another family trip to America :moon:

ReputationRep:
            They haven't released the schedule for the Sky Sports games in weeks 3-17. They usually release them a week or two before the game.

Remember Patriots against the Titans when we absolutely slaughtered them in the snow and they didn't even score against the Pats. Hopefully they have a game like that this season.

Also in reference to your question about going there for a live game Yeah the atmosphere is amazing and the seats were really good as well, makes you feel right at home with everyone else during the Patriots but for soccer its pretty bad since the crowds that draw are poor but if its the NFL then your gonna have a rocking time. They seem to have everything there shopping center, movie theater, bars and even hotels its almost state of the art. However big negative is getting in and out is a complete nightmare traffic was so bad when we visited and expensive but in the end positives outweigh the negative by far and i highly recommend you one day go!

Oh and i forgot to mention it is pricey but what i would do for another family trip to America :moon:
              That was in 2009 right? that was indeed quite a game (if I am recalling the correct game) and I too hope for the same again this season

Yeah other than price it does seem to be one of those things that if you are not in the US, it is worth it. Sad about traffic being a nightmare, do they have rail services or anything going in and out? I won't be renting a car when I go there unless I have to. But yeah you sold me
              (Original post by fudgesundae)
              They haven't released the schedule for the Sky Sports games in weeks 3-17. They usually release them a week or two before the game.
              Ah okay, I hope for more Patriots games

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.