This discussion is closed.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
SFX teasers for a Good Man Goes to War

And as a note to those who don't really click spoiler tags, none of these are spoilers tbh. They are spoiler-free teasers.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. It is amazing – a true five-star episode
  2. There are lots of spaceships – and that’s just in the teaser
  3. There is a very Star Wars feel (The Empire Strikes Back especially) even down to the shape of the windows and the music
  4. It’s action-packed and feels so much more epic than a usual single parter
  5. There are lots of suprise guests stars (and some will be a surprise) but unlike in “The Pandorica Opens” none of them feels wasted – they all have a chance to shine…
  6. ...Apart from one maybe
  7. It cracks along at a hell of a pace
  8. There are some revelations that really will make your jaw drop
  9. There is a terrific battle scene at the end (which more than makes up for a slightly underwhelming and confusingly directed one in the first half)
  10. Although there’s lots of time travelling, it’s not a timey-whimey-reliant plot.
  11. The Doctor produces something very revealing from the TARDIS
  12. Rory says something very funny to an old enemy that you can’t believe has never been said before
  13. It’s a great episode for both Rory and Amy (and Matt Smith is as brilliant as ever, especially in a sudden, unexpected emotional moment)
  14. A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device
  15. Somebody is asked to make a donation
  16. Somebody very unexpected is playing doctors and nurses
  17. We get to see somebody’s muff
  18. Rory is definitely cool
  19. Look carefully at the monitor screens…
  20. …And the corridors

:teeth:

The most curious one is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device
:eek3: don't put me down for picking up the 'everything is red' thing in dr who, because i'm [quite illegally] watching The Lodger, and this conversation happens:

Doctor: you (to amy) write the note and I'll change that [word i can't make out]
Amy: have you got a pen?
Doctor: yeah, but make sure it's a red pen

I know, I know, he said red because the note in the window for the available room was written in red, but it could have so easily be written in any other colour...

I AM TELLING YOU there is an unecessary excess of red and I want to know why!
Stargatecrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
:eek3: don't put me down for picking up the 'everything is red' thing in dr who, because i'm [quite illegally] watching The Lodger, and this conversation happens:

Doctor: you (to amy) write the note and I'll change that [word i can't make out]
Amy: have you got a pen?
Doctor: yeah, but make sure it's a red pen

I know, I know, he said red because the note in the window for the available room was written in red, but it could have so easily be written in any other colour...

I AM TELLING YOU there is an unecessary excess of red and I want to know why!
Red fez
Red bowtie
Red balloon
Crimson
Amy's hair :lol:
River's nails (okay so I'm being silly now, but still )

But yeah there is a lot of red :holmes:
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargatecrazy)
Red fez
Red bowtie
Red balloon
Crimson
Amy's hair :lol:
River's nails (okay so I'm being silly now, but still )

But yeah there is a lot of red :holmes:
The lodgers front door is red.
Amy wears something red every episode - the only except I can find is Amy wearing black in day of the moon, but even in The Beast Below Amy is wearing a nightgown with red socks.

RED SOCKS.

plus, I would rep you for agreeing with you but it turns out I've already repped you recently :'(
DesignFreak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ahem!
look what was wandering around near me monday.

unusual.

I'm extremely excited for saturday's episode and what mind**** moffat will bring me.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
So does this mean the River in this preview has already done the battle as she knows for a fact that Doctor finds out who she is? :confused: Stupid timey wimey
Spoiler:
Show
River has already done it, I believe. There's a River from two points in her timeline in that episode.

And further points about the clip:

Spoiler:
Show
It appears River has just been on an adventure with The Doctor and is just getting back to the Storm Cage, as she's dressed in non-prison clothes and is carrying her diary, and then gets back in to the cage
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Spoiler:
Show
River has already done it, I believe. There's a River from two points in her timeline in that episode.

And further points about the clip:

Spoiler:
Show
It appears River has just been on an adventure with The Doctor and is just getting back to the Storm Cage, as she's dressed in non-prison clothes and is carrying her diary, and then gets back in to the cage
Spoiler:
Show
A double dose of River :love: Yey hehe Okay, that makes sense then So Rory rocked up to the Stormcage at the wrong point, silly Rory

Spoiler:
Show
Yeah someone mentioned that at some point earlier in the thread. Tbh though, River's never dressed in prison clothes :cool:
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are no words to describe how excited the latest trailer has made me
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DesignFreak)
ahem!
look what was wandering around near me monday.

unusual.

I'm extremely excited for saturday's episode and what mind**** moffat will bring me.
Oh yea? Well look what I found on top of the castle I see outside my window right now a few months ago!#

Btw this is the castle that the previous 2 episdes with the gangas was filmed in, Caerphilly Castle ^_^
DesignFreak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Oh yea? Well look what I found on top of the castle I see outside my window right now a few months ago!#

[IMG]http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m438/067yjonesd1/Caerphilly_Castle__Tardis.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m438/067yjonesd1/dr_who_tardis_caerphilly_castle-210881131.jpg[/IG]

Btw this is the castle that the previous 2 episdes with the gangas was filmed in, Caerphilly Castle ^_^
You win!
My high school school was the filming location for the 'School Reunion' episode, so i've met the old cast and crew.
Living in Wales is the best thing ever!
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
A double dose of River :love: Yey hehe Okay, that makes sense then So Rory rocked up to the Stormcage at the wrong point, silly Rory

Spoiler:
Show
Yeah someone mentioned that at some point earlier in the thread. Tbh though, River's never dressed in prison clothes :cool:
Spoiler:
Show
Pretty sure River has a set of fairly plain clothes for the Storm Cage. This outfit looks like a stormcage/prison outfit to me:

Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DesignFreak)
You win!
My high school school was the filming location for the 'School Reunion' episode, so i've met the old cast and crew.
Living in Wales is the best thing ever!
Nice and yea I know right
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Pretty sure River has a set of fairly plain clothes for the Storm Cage. This outfit looks like a stormcage/prison outfit to me:

I don't think that's a prison outfit. We've seen her in stormcage on different occasions and she seems to wear her own clothes as opposed to a prison outfit.
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

Nah that's her awesome dress like outfit from DotM...I really want it :rolleyes: lol
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah that's her awesome dress like outfit from DotM...I really want it :rolleyes: lol
It also features in the next episode
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It also features in the next episode
I know, I'm well excited *really should be revising fission reactors *
Corkscrew
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More backtracking:

In the Time of the Angels the Doctor says: 'I'll never be done saving you'
In TIA he says 'I thought I'd never be done saving you'

Moffat is a very clever man but WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Corkscrew)
More backtracking:

In the Time of the Angels the Doctor says: 'I'll never be done saving you'
In TIA he says 'I thought I'd never be done saving you'

Moffat is a very clever man but WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?
Meaning never be done saving Earth?
Oncoming Storm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
That's not childish, it's called humour. It's funnier than anything Matt Smith's character's done.
It was hilarious, but also childish. Also, the jelly baby thing was a reference to the 4th Doctor, not being childish. :rolleyes: Matt Smith's character has done some pretty funny things as well. The thing with the glasses and the escaped fish, for instance. :lol:
Bobifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oncoming Storm)
It was hilarious, but also childish. Also, the jelly baby thing was a reference to the 4th Doctor, not being childish. :rolleyes: Matt Smith's character has done some pretty funny things as well. The thing with the glasses and the escaped fish, for instance. :lol:
"Are you pregnant?" Has got to be among the greatest things ever said on Doctor Who. "Don't worry, we're doctors!" from the same episode was also quite good :p:
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Something I just realised about River

Spoiler:
Show
Rory says 'our baby' in the preview clip about his and Amy's baby. So assuming he knows for a fact that it's his, this means the kid can't be River. When Rory was erased from time earlier in the series, River still existed (The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang)...am I right or is timey wimey-ness messing with my head again? :eek:

So either River isn't the baby or Rory isn't the father And if Rory isn't the father, who is? Because if it's the Doctor, the baby still isn't River (incest in DotM anyone? ) So....thoughts?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (405)
37.71%
No - but I will (82)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (512)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed