Report 7 years ago
Come on Tom!
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ledleyking123)
tom is useless, he hardly does anything every epsiode bar arrive at the end and say he should have done x and y. Helen will win comfortably.
He's 'nice' but yeah, this. Still prefer him to Natasha though.
passthedutchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If LS cared about how many times someone sat on the winning team, Tom would be gone already.

Helen overestimates herself, many others do as well. First, it isn't about sales. Not this time. And even if it was about sales, Jim can take Helen down no sweat. Second, it was Jim who won the biscuit task. Like often, Helen just happened to be on same team as the person who actually brought home the goods.

Third: she is evil. The takeover showed her true colors. Disloyal and backstabbing as far as i am concerned. Can't stop rambling on about what others are doing wrong, while having no clue herself.

My money is still on Tom.
*Darcie*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Natasha is so David Brent-esque. Why does she always feel the need to end her sentences with the word yeah.
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Second, it was Jim who won the biscuit task. Like often, Helen just happened to be on same team as the person who actually brought home the goods.
When Susan is project manager and Helen delivers the france pitch to get the huge order, it's credit to Helen.

When Helen is project manager and Jim delivers the Asda pitch to get an even bigger order, it's still credit to Helen.

People have hyped her up, she's just an efficient, logical and organised secretary tbh.

That's why at her age she's only managed to be an assistant to a CEO. Maybe if it was the CEO of a multi-billion global company it would be worth noting, but not when it's the regional CEO of greggs ffs :facepalm2:
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The competition was clearly done a few months ago so whoever has won it has already done so. I'm surprised nobody has been able to find out.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
regional CEO of greggs ffs :facepalm2:
:confused: Regional CEO? I read it was CEO... and how can you have a regional CEO? a CEO is the big boss man, unless you meant manager
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
:confused: Regional CEO? I read it was CEO... and how can you have a regional CEO? a CEO is the big boss man, unless you meant manager
My mistake. It was the midlands regional manager then promoted to the CEO.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
When Susan is project manager and Helen delivers the france pitch to get the huge order, it's credit to Helen.

When Helen is project manager and Jim delivers the Asda pitch to get an even bigger order, it's still credit to Helen.

People have hyped her up, she's just an efficient, logical and organised secretary tbh.

That's why at her age she's only managed to be an assistant to a CEO. Maybe if it was the CEO of a multi-billion global company it would be worth noting, but not when it's the regional CEO of greggs ffs :facepalm2:
Well on the re-investment task it was actually Tom who made more sense than both Melody and Helen. And Melody made more sense than Helen.

1) Tom was the only one who realized the dogs sold. In fact, Melody DID check whether or not the dogs were available. However, Melody decided not to go to the wholesaler who sold the dogs, since that was the only product they carried. She explained this on the "Breakfast show"

2) Helen came up with the whole retailer sheme, Melody followed. However, Helen kept banging on about it. First i thought she did it to sabotage Melody. But in the boardroom she repeated that visiting retailers was correct. She was clueless, utterly clueless.

And that's exactly the problem with Helen. Great when she knows what to do. She watched every episode of the Apprentice thus far. Jotted down every solution to every known problem. If the task is this, do that etc.

The ultimate 2nd (wo)man. Like you said, if she was that good, WTF is she doing as a PA? I have been an entrepreneur myself. I have trouble working for any boss ever since. It's an itch. You either have it or you don't. She doesn't IMO. Ok, she would have won the old style Apprentice. But we ain't on the old style.

Maybe it should be mandatory to have had your own business. Really. I think only Susan and Tom qualify in that view.
ProudScottish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone seen this?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...ks-appeal.html

Also why does say above that Natasha is fired and Melody is not fired.
delasandro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ProudScottish)
Anyone seen this?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...ks-appeal.html

Also why does say above that Natasha is fired and Melody is not fired.
We've seen this like a week ago
JmJtr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As much as i disliked Melody, I felt sorry for her on that firing. All downgrading her job and that. I think thats why Sugar gave her the nice firing saying she was not a failure etc etc.

Anyone watched that 'the final five' show yet?
Esc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Disappointed Melody went but I'll still be happy if Tom wins. Can't wait for this weeks episode.
luc9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JmJtr)
As much as i disliked Melody, I felt sorry for her on that firing. All downgrading her job and that. I think thats why Sugar gave her the nice firing saying she was not a failure etc etc.

Anyone watched that 'the final five' show yet?
Yes I watched it. I don't really think Tom will win.. but whatever the apprentices business plans are with the money will have a massive effect on who wins. I think it will be Helen, although I'd love to see suzie win!!
GooseNation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know if anyone else picked up on it, but in The Final Five Karren Brady said right at the end something along the lines of "they've all done really well to get to this point, but we haven't seen their business plans yet."

Suggests to me that perhaps instead of interviews, they'll have to present to a set of people (possibly the same people such as Claude and Bordan etc, or even Sugar) their business plan/idea were they to be successful in winning The Apprentice.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by georgegabriel)
I don't know if anyone else picked up on it, but in The Final Five Karren Brady said right at the end something along the lines of "they've all done really well to get to this point, but we haven't seen their business plans yet."

Suggests to me that perhaps instead of interviews, they'll have to present to a set of people (possibly the same people such as Claude and Bordan etc, or even Sugar) their business plan/idea were they to be successful in winning The Apprentice.
I still think the best way would be to run mock 50/50 companies with real world entrepreneurs to play substitute for Lord Sugar. These could come from Dragon's Den

So for example, you get team Helen + Peter Jones versus team Suzie + Theo Paphitis.

Claude, Bordan, Nick, Karren are either employees or hired help. So they don't fit into the role of entrepreneur like Jones and Paphitis. Besides, Nick and Karren need to keep as much distance as possible, so not to cloud their judgement.
metro2610
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh God :rofl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00j224p
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bit shocked at that Tom implies Columbus was a Brit :eek:

Everybody knows Columbus was hired by the Spanish. And back in those days Spanish would never ever hire a Brit. So Columbus must have been a Southern European. He was from Genua, to be exact. And back then Genua was an independent state.

Sometimes Tom can talk very smart, while in fact he knows very little.
metro2610
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
Bit shocked at that Tom implies Columbus was a Brit :eek:

Everybody knows Columbus was hired by the Spanish. And back in those days Spanish would never ever hire a Brit. So Columbus must have been a Southern European. He was from Genua, to be exact. And back then Genua was an independent state.

Sometimes Tom can talk very smart, while in fact he knows very little.
I think he was Italian, but not fully sure...

It's not just Tom though, Helen was pretty quick off the mark to agree with him Part of me hopes this isn't their final idea for this week's task.

Can't wait til Wednesday!
JmJtr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by luc9999)
Yes I watched it. I don't really think Tom will win.. but whatever the apprentices business plans are with the money will have a massive effect on who wins. I think it will be Helen, although I'd love to see suzie win!!
The thing with Suzie is 1. Shes abit up herself and 2. Shes young so will have many opportunites to build her buissness. The others however are in their 30's and this could be their last chances.

Saying that though after watching the last five show I had more respect for Suzie and Natasha. Both have really humble backgrounds and especially Suzie going from no english to near perfect with not much help and providing all for her mum.

Don't know if I stll want Tom to win!!?!?!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed