Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheActuary)
    I applied on the 5th of November and received the 2 weeks email then I received the 7 week email on 22nd of November. My 9 weeks ( 7+ 2 Christmas) is over tomorrow , will lse definetly give a reply or do they over run deadlines
    Im in the exact same position as you! Applied and recieved those emails on the exact same dates! Slightly nervous about tomorrow but i dont think we'll be hearing from them for a while - they havent been great with sticking to the deadlines :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bshrestha)
    I am so scared... I feel a rejection coming. What you applying for? If LSE don't reply back to me by tomorrow, I am going to call the admissions office.
    I feel the same. I applied for History, you? I'll be ringing the admissions office if I haven't heard by next Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youraveragestudent)
    Im in the exact same position as you! Applied and recieved those emails on the exact same dates! Slightly nervous about tomorrow but i dont think we'll be hearing from them for a while - they havent been great with sticking to the deadlines :/
    What course you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    I feel the same. I applied for History, you? I'll be ringing the admissions office if I haven't heard by next Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Philosophy and Economics. This wait is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ReputationRep:
    The time frames they give you are BS in my opinion...

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and Economics. This wait is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    If you haven't heard by tomorrow, let me know what the admission office says if you ring them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    If you haven't heard by tomorrow, let me know what the admission office says if you ring them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure. They'll probably tell me to have some patience.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. They'll probably tell me to have some patience.
    Patience?! We've been patient for 4 months ffs. We deserve to hear back from them now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LSE's system of emailing applicants is a really bad idea, because they just build our hopes up and then crush it. Why can't they be like other unis where they just give out offers and don't pretend as if they care.

ReputationRep:
    My final 4 weeks ends not tomorrow but the following Friday.

I am normally fairly patient but the sensation that a decision is near is making me more restless every day.

Best of luck to those who are, like I, still waiting on a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    If no decision was made today, this means that a whole bundle of offers/rejections will be given tomorrow. Hopefully we'll hear just positive news but you never know what to expect from LSE, it's like an episode from Game of Thrones.
    AHAHAHAH brilliant analogy
    Which course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    What course you applying to?
    Stats w/Finance, & yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youraveragestudent)
    Stats w/Finance, & yourself?
    I'm applying actuarial science which falls under the stats dept, probably why we have the exact same times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silonthesofa)
    So I've heard. And so I've realized. But up until this Friday, I hadn't heard of a single offer and hardly any rejections. I've realized it is futile trying to get into any universities' heads (I get a really good laugh when I see people talking about how their two weeks are up on Wednesday. Because they really keep to deadlines.), but I figured seeing the statistics could be at least a tiny bit reflective of what's sorta going on. The guy who got accepted this Friday had applied on the 15th of October. My girlfriend applied on the 23rd of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for IR on October 15th and only got a reply last Friday, an offer but still a long wait!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying actuarial science which falls under the stats dept, probably why we have the exact same times...
    Hi, ive applied for actuarial sciences too! May I ask what stage are u on(Seven week email etc) and what were ur GCSE and AS grades? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maliksajwani)
    Hi, ive applied for actuarial sciences too! May I ask what stage are u on(Seven week email etc) and what were ur GCSE and AS grades? Good luck
    My 7 weeks email including Christmas is over tomorrow

I achieved AAAAB at AS level and 8 a*s 5 As at gcse

As level subjects - Fm , maths , physics, biology , chemistry with the B being in physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epicfail13)
    AHAHAHAH brilliant analogy
    Which course are you applying for?
    Management, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a sociology offer, and if so what were you're gcses and as results like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    Management, what about you?
    I'm applying for Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am0312x)
    Has anyone had a sociology offer, and if so what were you're gcses and as results like..
    I have! My GCSEs were pretty poor I got 1a* 1a 9bs and 2D* BTECs and my as levels were AAAB :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.