Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well Higuain has a better scoring record than Aguero did, albeit at a better club, and he cost 38m. Then consider the likes of Cavani going for 50m, and Higuain is not very far from his level imo. Just looking around Europe, its hard to think of a better striker you could get for 22m.
    Aguero has better link up play than higuain and can do more with the ball imo. That's partially why he costed more, he was younger as well, plus it's City anyway. Cavani is a more complete forward than higuain too imo. Better in the air and just as an overall player, I'd say higuain is the better finisher though.

I think higuain will come flying out the blocks if he comes to arsenal though.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain is not far off Cavani. No more than a £8-10m difference in valuation IMO.

I'd say Falcao is on another level though.

However this is Arsenal and if you are fairly decent, you will get goals. I'm predicting 25 goals minimum in his first season for Higuain. If we get him that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    :rofl: 5 installments over 5 years fml. That's bad. Juve are funny guys man.
    Juve make Arsenal look decisive and quick with transfers. Although I saw this post on Twitter which made me laugh:

Wenger: We want Higuain.
    Real: Ok, €25m.
    Wenger: €15m.
    Real: No.
    Wenger: €13m.
    Real: Do you know how negotiations work?
    Wenger: €10m final offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    Will be very excited if the Higuain deal is confirmed. He's a great player, I heard Wenger was chasing him when he was at River Plate before Madrid got him.

I can't be the only person that doesn't want Fellaini at Arsenal? If you look at his stats for passing, tackling, and number of times dispossessed, they aren't good enough for Arsenal. Both Arteta and Ramsey are better at Fellaini with respect to those things, and they are both adapted to our style. Ramsey is only going to get better next season I reckon too. Sure Fellaini's a good player but don't think he suits us, and modern football doesn't make it a necessity to have a Vieira-type player, Bayern did more than fine without a big DM last season.

I hope we clear out some more of the first players. Gervinho's been linked to Marseille, which would be good for both parties I reckon. Also wouldn't mind too much to see the back of Diaby as well. He only gets fit at the end of the transfer window to stop us signing a replacement! :eek:
    I agree about fellani but the modern game does need a DM and Ramsey or arteta just don't cut it for me. Bayern have shwiegnsteiger who is much stronger than he looks and is one of the games best tacklers.

I say arsenal get someone like Lars bender. Diaby is too injury prone he needs to leave tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Santi and Nacho both starting for Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Wenger: We want Higuain.
    Real: Ok, €25m.
    Wenger: €15m.
    Real: No.
    Wenger: €13m.
    Real: Do you know how negotiations work?
    Wenger: €10m final offer
    Hahaha, brilliant... they missed the bit at the end though:

Real: Deal
    In Wenger We Trust! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Higuain is not far off Cavani. No more than a £8-10m difference in valuation IMO.

I'd say Falcao is on another level though.

However this is Arsenal and if you are fairly decent, you will get goals. I'm predicting 25 goals minimum in his first season for Higuain. If we get him that is.
    If you only consider goals/games ratio when starting the game, Higuain's ratio is 0.84 and Falcao's is 0.82. That's ridiculous for any player, and only Ronaldo and Messi have a better ratio in La Liga.

Higuain's actually goals/game ratio is 0.57, but that's because he will come on for 20 minutes at the end of a game as a sub when Benzema starts.

Falcao is still better than Higuain though, but based of last season, Cavani was than Falcao in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownize)
    I agree about fellani but the modern game does need a DM and Ramsey or arteta just don't cut it for me. Bayern have shwiegnsteiger who is much stronger than he looks and is one of the games best tacklers.

I say arsenal get someone like Lars bender. Diaby is too injury prone he needs to leave tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Martinez is a better tackler than Schweini in my opinion, and Martinez's natural position is a DM/CB, whereas Schewinsteiger played as a winger in his earlier days.

I would take someone like Bender if we got rid of Coquelin and Diaby, otherwise we have too many midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    Martinez is a better tackler than Schweini in my opinion, and Martinez's natural position is a DM/CB, whereas Schewinsteiger played as a winger in his earlier days.

I would take someone like Bender if we got rid of Coquelin and Diaby, otherwise we have too many midfielders.
    Both Coquelin and Diaby won't be at Arsenal much longer.

ReputationRep:
    I want to keep coquelin and kicking out diaby is just too mean for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I want to keep coquelin and kicking out diaby is just too mean for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Love Coquelin! I don't quite understand his lack of opportunities...

ReputationRep:
    Diaby is a write off and we should sell for £5m. We'll also be saving about £2m per year in wages, since he is never fit.

He is not a risk worth taking, at best he may get to the level of Song, but that isn't really spectacular. We could just sign someone like M'Vila for £10m, who could do everything Diaby could do and stay fit.

We need to make a decision on him.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised something utterly beautiful.

We buy Higuain from Real Madrid for £22m.

Real Madrid want to buy Bale.

If we buy Higuain, Arsenal are, in effect, also paying for the transfer of Bale to Madrid.

It's...it's beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Diaby is a write off and we should sell for £5m. We'll also be saving about £2m per year in wages, since he is never fit.

He is not a risk worth taking, at best he may get to the level of Song, but that isn't really spectacular. We could just sign someone like M'Vila for £10m, who could do everything Diaby could do and stay fit.

LOL, whos going to buy Diaby for £5m? No one, thats who.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

In purely footballing terms its the right thing to do but i just find that mean because he works as hard as he can for the club but hes just unlucky

ReputationRep:
    Coquelin is a good player and I don't have anything against him personally, but I can't really see Coquelin's name in the starting XI of a team looking to win trophies. And he's back far back in the pecking order, behind Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere.

Kicking Diaby out is mean but Wenger has given him a massive amount of chances to prove that he can stay fit. Most (indecent) managers would have sold Diaby long ago, but Wenger has tried to keep him. But when he's injured for 75% of the season, and earning £60,000 a week, or however much it is, just for sitting in the medical room, he's got to leave. You can't run a professional football club like that, and the longer he stays, the more the same old story will repeat (injury, back to fitness, injury, back to fitness, ad infinitum).

I would like to see Coquelin and Diaby out, keep Rosicky for one/two more seasons (and then he can take up another role at the club), and for us to sign another creative attacking player. Someone like a Draxler/Lamela/Thiago. Then we can honestly challenge for the title.

Can't see any of this happening though, it's a bit too radical to happen all at once, but it would be good.

ReputationRep:

No one would buy him because he's overpaid and always hurt, if we release him he would be looking at retirement or trying to play his way back for a bad French team on a poor contract, I don't think his wages matter to arsenal when he's hurt though because his contract will be insured

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ge=203&x=0&y=0

pages 203 - 212.

Shows how much of a good season Walcott's had considering half of us didn't care if he was sold last year. Would have been so disastrous if he was sold and went to another PL team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ge=203&x=0&y=0

pages 203 - 212.

Shows how much of a good season Walcott's had considering half of us didn't care if he was sold last year. Would have been so disastrous if he was sold and went to another PL team.
    Only the fools had no support for young Theo simply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownize)
    Only the fools had no support for young Theo simply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say it's harsh to call people fools about what they said, I linked the page more of an indication as to the improvement Theo's made in the past season and how much more key we seen him in the team now. he has been making small improvements year after year - this season being his biggest leap yet - so I can't wait for the new season to kick off to see what 2013/14 Walcott can bring

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.