Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do I withdraw from the other choices if I have already recieved an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    is anyone else finding it extremely difficult to prepare a presentation for only 2-3 minutes! :confused:
    Tell me about it! I've got 3 min to discuss an educational issue that inspired me to become a teacher!!! Was only told about it today and my interview is Thursday....argh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinitus)
    Tell me about it! I've got 3 min to discuss an educational issue that inspired me to become a teacher!!! Was only told about it today and my interview is Thursday....argh....

Best of luck! I am sure you will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Guys this is probably a really silly question.

The uni's want to see our certificates and take a copy of them.

Can these copies be in black and white?

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure the university will want to see the original certificate, and that a copy won't be good enough. I think they mean that they will copy it once they have the original from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_x)
    How do I withdraw from the other choices if I have already recieved an offer?
    Go on to TRACK, click on Choices, and then the option to withdraw will be there for each of your options. Well done on getting an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Yeah 14 years is a long time. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure you'll be fine after some revising . I think the most important thing I'll need to revise is how to convert decimals/fractions/percentages. Also look into Numeracy Ready if you're really worried. They have 20 more practice tests and some additional stuff for £20 (I think). I think I will highly rely on that, I've heard good things about it from people on here! At least you have over a month until your test.

Side question - is contacting a provider to ask when you'll hear back a big nono?
    I wouldn't bother. They probably won't be able to give a definite answer and it certainly won't speed things up. Just tell yourself there's nothing you can do and relax/enjoy free time. Or at least worry about something else

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I'm pretty sure the university will want to see the original certificate, and that a copy won't be good enough. I think they mean that they will copy it once they have the original from you.
    Oh yeah sorry I didn't make myself clear. I need to show the original and take a copy as well that they then keep. I just wondered if the copy should be colour or it can be black and white.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah sorry I didn't make myself clear. I need to show the original and take a copy as well that they then keep. I just wondered if the copy should be colour or it can be black and white.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I see! Yes I'm sure that will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimgreen)
    Hi everyone - does anyone have an interview for Bradford College on Tuesday for PGCE primary? Now it's getting closer I'm getting really nervous as this is my first choice uni! Argh! I've revised a lot on the new curriculum and a bit on EAL pupils and academies too. I was wondering what your opinions were on the presentation on an object. They ask you to show how you would use the object to facilitate learning, I've written my presentation as if I am addressing pupils directly, rather than the interviewers - do you think this is wrong?
    I've also got a leeds interview on Thurs! Exciting week ahead! Good luck to those of you with interviews and congrats to those already with offers!

Hello I have an interview tomorrow at Bradford! 9am! I've revised the new curriculum but its all just mush in my mind now hopefully in the interview it will all just flow out ha. I've been reading a lot of education news as well but I just can't wrap my head around acadamies so I will just focus on curriculum changes and inclusion i think. For my presentation I explain my object and the learning to the actual examiners but that's a good idea to address the pupils. What is your object? Good luck!

P.s I have an interview for Leeds Uni (5-9) next Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Yes! What is your presentation based on?
    "what makes a good secondary foreign languages lesson?" I have to do a presentation about that and am finding it extremely difficult to prepare for it. it is making me very anxious!

What is your presentation based on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinitus)
    My interview is on Wednesday and its difficult to squeeze everything in. My introduction is 3 minutes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is probably a really silly question.

The uni's want to see our certificates and take a copy of them.

Can these copies be in black and white?

Thanks
    I have photocopied my certificates in black and white, I don't think it will be an issue as they will also see the original documents.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I got an email from one of my offers stating that they will send me formal offer email' after the xmas holiday but that they sent me an email before xmas saying I was successful before xmas. Does that mean my 6 week to pass numeracy skills tests once I receive that formal email or did it start when I got the first email saying I've been successful? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been rejected for secondary English pgce Manchester uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    "what makes a good secondary foreign languages lesson?" I have to do a presentation about that and am finding it extremely difficult to prepare for it. it is making me very anxious!

What is your presentation based on?
    You could talk about how MFL lessons should be fear free(focus on communication, not errors), make language learning fun and engaging, also how teachers could include boys (as girls usually perform better in languages), how the teacher obviously needs to have good language skills, but also teach intercultural understanding(in almost all lessons), or how exchanges etc could boost motivation etc etc....just a few ideas

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if you are allowed to take notes into the 1 on 1 interview? Surely we are allowed to take some, at least with questions on them?

(Particularly for St. Mary's Twickenham)

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if you are allowed to take notes into the 1 on 1 interview? Surely we are allowed to take some, at least with questions on them?

(Particularly for St. Mary's Twickenham)

Thank you

I don't know about whether you'd be actually ALLOWED to take notes in. I had some things in my bag to bring out to show them, e.g. notes from observations, but never got them out.

I personally would advise against taking notes in. Not because I think they expect you to have a super memory, but because they want to see your genuine, honest answers. They aren't going to mind if you take a few moments to consider your answer, as that shows you are taking it seriously. They don't want a rehearsal, they just want to talk to you and get to know you!

Well that's my opinion anyway. Some may disagree or have had different experiences with different interviewers.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    I don't know about whether you'd be actually ALLOWED to take notes in. I had some things in my bag to bring out to show them, e.g. notes from observations, but never got them out.

I personally would advise against taking notes in. Not because I think they expect you to have a super memory, but because they want to see your genuine, honest answers. They aren't going to mind if you take a few moments to consider your answer, as that shows you are taking it seriously. They don't want a rehearsal, they just want to talk to you and get to know you!

Well that's my opinion anyway. Some may disagree or have had different experiences with different interviewers.

xxx
    Hi hun,

Thank you for your reply .

xx

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an upcoming interview or had an interview already at Goldsmiths for Primary PGCE? If so, how long did it take them to offer you an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview this Friday and next Monday, I was just wondering what people wore (trivial issues haha)

I am applying for early years, I want to be comfortable and I have to do a task with year 2 children.

Do you think a just above knee length black dress with a blue print, thick tights, black flats, black blazer would be ok? Or should I stick to shirt and trousers, I just feel so uncomfy and awkward in trousers, I never wear them!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.