Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethery)
    Examsolutions is a life saver! Also the mechanics videos can be used for physics, and I have used them to great success. Khan Academy is almost as good but doesn't have videos on a lot of things because it's not tailored to British specifications.

As for books, I only used the exam board textbooks every so often last year for questions, but to be honest there's so much for maths online that if you're anything like me, you won't use it. I've bought a CGP book this year though, because... I love CGP. And I think it may well help me as A2 is tougher.

Actually, TSR is great for maths. There are a LOT of people on here that can help you with it, on here, on the maths section, if you ask a question someone will always be around and able to help.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thank you! I came across examsolutions on youtube while I was trying to teach myself to complete the square, I found ukmathsteacher to be good too but the videos are lesson-length long but they're thorough and tailored to MEI (I think).

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please explain this question to me Name:  image.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  284.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nima123)
    Could someone please explain this question to me Name:  image.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  284.4 KB

If I gave you this table, would you know how to use/finish it?

Name:  1381003389988.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  17.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    maths seminars start this week :woo:

also got set an essay due in a fortnight in my other skills seminar :eek:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    But how do you start talking about English if no one starts?
    I just started one, me and someone else was talking about Wuthering Heights and then one thing just leads to another!

Maybe just start off by asking what texts are you studying for your A2 units, and then take it from there....?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    *raises hand*

I agree.
    Sorry, only just got this! I went to Swansea on Friday and have only come back to England aha. (Went for the Open Day, not just randomly aha).

And I'm guessing you are taking English Lit at A-level? What texts do you have to study that is compulsory? Do you like any of them?

I just managed to get through Enduring Love....... Ergh, can't stand that! And now we're onto Wuthering Heights and I'm just crawling to get through it. It's really annoying that my Sixth Form doesn't allow us to pick our own coursework texts (unless you are stupidly smart and get like 190-200 UMS points in AS!)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Exactly. Not enough humanities students on this forum in general. What subjects do you take by the way?
    Yeah I think that too! I wonder why?! Maybe it's cause when someone gets stuck, it's hard to give an answer because it mostly has to be in an essay like-form answer and not a simple equation like maths. Maybe.

I take English Language, English Literature and Philosophy & Ethics (dropped History for AS) ERGH, history was the bain of my life aha.

How about you, what subjects do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool_JordH)
    Sorry, only just got this! I went to Swansea on Friday and have only come back to England aha. (Went for the Open Day, not just randomly aha).

And I'm guessing you are taking English Lit at A-level? What texts do you have to study that is compulsory? Do you like any of them?

I just managed to get through Enduring Love....... Ergh, can't stand that! And now we're onto Wuthering Heights and I'm just crawling to get through it. It's really annoying that my Sixth Form doesn't allow us to pick our own coursework texts (unless you are stupidly smart and get like 190-200 UMS points in AS!)
    No problem, how was Swansea?

We're doing Jane Eyre, Enduring Love, Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein, The White Devil and The Bloody Chamber. I love TBC, not so keen on Jane Eyre. The rest I haven't read. Is Enduring Love really that bad? I love Wuthering Heights, but its definitely an acquired taste

That's really stupid of your sixth form. The whole point of the coursework is that it's your own choice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    If I gave you this table, would you know how to use/finish it?

Name:  1381003389988.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  17.6 KB
    We're doing that now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that too! I wonder why?! Maybe it's cause when someone gets stuck, it's hard to give an answer because it mostly has to be in an essay like-form answer and not a simple equation like maths. Maybe.

I take English Language, English Literature and Philosophy & Ethics (dropped History for AS) ERGH, history was the bain of my life aha.

How about you, what subjects do you study?
    That's probably the problem, essays are pretty hard to remark.

Haha you're like my friend. She takes the same subjects as you (replace English language with Spanish), she even dropped History too, complaining it was too much coursework. I take History, English Literature and Fine Art. This is the worst year since I'm bombarded with coursework in all my subjects - I've handed in 2 first drafts already -_-

Btw, what books are you studying for English lit?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a stupid question, but when you are talking to teachers about the possibility of bumping your prediction up, what is a sensible starting / addressing line ?
    The 'relationship' between my maths teacher and I is already as awkward as it is and i imagine any conversation would end quickly xD
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Decided I'm not gonna do my biology homework like a rebel :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Isn't it better to do it at the weekend before too much accumulates over the week? :rolleyes:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by purplemind)
    Isn't it better to do it at the weekend before too much accumulates over the week? :rolleyes:
    Nah, she won't check hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Nah, she won't check hopefully
    So lucky, my biology teachers were always checking if we had the study so it had to be done (rather sooner than later).

ReputationRep:
    The Unit 2 (UK unit) on TSR for EDEXCEL politics are not on point .

ReputationRep:
    Have an assessment tomorrow for physics result gets shown to our parents. Only done an hour revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just started one, me and someone else was talking about Wuthering Heights and then one thing just leads to another!

Maybe just start off by asking what texts are you studying for your A2 units, and then take it from there....?
    Oh okay

Have you ever read To Kill a Mockingbird?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Planning to study Maths

AS: Maths/Further Maths/Physics/Chemistry
    A2: Maths/Further Maths/Chemistry

Unis: Cambridge/Durham/Nottingham/Birmingham/Leeds or Loughbrough

hello everybody!

edit:I hope I haven't posted here before because I can't remember
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Oh okay

Have you ever read To Kill a Mockingbird?
    Pfft!!! Of course I've read To Kill a Mockingbird lmaooo! :P

Did you read this for English, or for pleasure?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.