Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noura*)
    Salaam,

Firstly, TSR is a terrible place if you're just a Muslim but you don't know a lot because because they will make you doubt Islam. However a LOT of work has been done by Muslims recently to refute atheists and atheism. Brother all you have to do is go on google/youtube and you'll find them. Their belief at the end of the day, no matter how intellectually and scientifically they might try to word it, is that the universe just came from nowhere. These are also people who are now saying incest is fine! If only you'd knew how foolish atheism is, you wouldn't be having doubts.The atheists have declared war on Islam and it is YOUR duty to equip yourself with knowledge and iman. This brings me to my second point which is you have to try to establish a relationship with your Lord. You have to learn about Islam because often we know very little lot and then your love for this deen will grow and soon you will find yourself being able to resist all the things the dunya tries to lure us with. How long will you stay in this world? 50, 60, 70 years? Is it really worth millions of years in blazing fire? Make the right choices, your time will be over before you know it.

Subhanallah, we are here complaining about how we can't have pre marital relationships but do we know about how many people have suffered to bring this deen to us? Sumayya, the first martyr of Islam was killed by an arrow being pierced into her private parts.

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.
    And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)."

This is probably your test, stay strong!
    >universe came from nothing
    >we think incest is OK.

And no, Muslims have never refuted any atheist arguments, literally not a single one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    >universe came from nothing
    >we think incest is OK.

And no, Muslims have never refuted any atheist arguments, literally not a single one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you a Hindu or an athiest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)
    No way jose Ggmu incest is not right incest is SO wrong can't you see you are taking this too far.:mad:

Homosexuality is wrong because it is like someone saying I don't want to put the key in the ignition I'd rather put the key in the exhaust pipe

Bad example but you get the drift.
    I didn't say it was, that silly person I quoted tried to make atheists look stupid so she made something up (atheists thinks there is nothing wrong with incest, she has no proof).

Homosexuality is natural and has been observed in multiple species. Some genes have been identified in relation to sexuality.

Cmon buddy, you had to stop believing the world was flat, or shaped like an ostrich egg, or that the sun revolved around us, or we came from Adam and Eve etc. You'll one day have to stop believing homosexuality is a choice and accept it's not a choice.

Btw what's it to you what people do with their sexual organs, as long as they don't do it to you or harm you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    x
    Mumuu is back!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Mumuu is back!!
    Mumuu?

Aware me bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Mumuu?

Aware me bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats my pet name for you, mumuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixtons.Baddest)
    No homosexuality is not natural it goes against the laws of nature
    secondly never once did Islam say the world was flat
    Or that the sun revolved around anyone YOU seem to be the one speculating now
    Thirdly should you not be back in the Ind soc what are you doing here you seem to always drift away from your flock you are like a meerkat.:mad:
    It clearly doesn't bro please aware yourself with academic literature on this area

(Original post by Al-farhan)
    Thats my pet name for you, mumuu
    I'm honoured :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Brixtons.Baddest;51113733]
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    It clearly doesn't bro please aware yourself with academic literature on this area

Looks who's talking bro:rofl:.
    If homosexuality was of the norm why is it gay men are not able to reproduce because god obviously had not planned for a men to mate with another men.

Like I said the key in exhaust pipe.
    There is no God for your premise to work bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    There is no God for your premise to work bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Vy you ignore?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the muumu guys!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Vy you ignore?
    I can be both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I can be both

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you both?
    If so, how?

ReputationRep:
    Are you both?
    If so, how?
    Don't really know 100% what I am, I'd just say I'm agnostic.

You can still be a Hindu and not believe in God. Original schools of thought from the Vedas had entirely atheistic ones too. Belief in God isn't compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Don't really know 100% what I am, I'd just say I'm agnostic.

You can still be a Hindu and not believe in God. Original schools of thought from the Vedas had entirely atheistic ones too. Belief in God isn't compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait but how can the same religion have different sects with some believing there is a god (or multiple) and some believing there isn't? Where do you believe the scripture came from then?

ReputationRep:
    Wait but how can the same religion have different sects with some believing there is a god (or multiple) and some believing there isn't? Where do you believe the scripture came from then?
    It all stems from the Vedas which you need to know in Sanskrit for it to make sense as written in a poetic format. There are English translation but it's a bit like reading gibberish to be honest. It's because the Vedas is a very open text and has had many authors. It's split into 4 and the main two are the Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. They are the oldest two and mention a plethora of belief systems such as monotheism, atheism, polytheism, pantheism etc. There's one verse I like in particular that asks if we know if God is real or not, as he only came into existence after we did, it even questions God's knowledge of his own existence. So with that, you'd see there is a lot of space to maneuver.

The tradition is that the Vedas is not of human origin even though it was penned down by male and female sages. Of course, that's not possible (imo) as it requires a supernatural hand.

It's difficult to date it too as it has geographical records that go back a good 8000-9000 years but Western academia has set it at 2000BCish based on their dating techniques. I don't know what to believe on where it came from. I think it was just their explanation of why everything is the way it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    It all stems from the Vedas which you need to know in Sanskrit for it to make sense as written in a poetic format. There are English translation but it's a bit like reading gibberish to be honest. It's because the Vedas is a very open text and has had many authors. It's split into 4 and the main two are the Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. They are the oldest two and mention a plethora of belief systems such as monotheism, atheism, polytheism, pantheism etc. There's one verse I like in particular that asks if we know if God is real or not, as he only came into existence after we did, it even questions God's knowledge of his own existence. So with that, you'd see there is a lot of space to maneuver.

The tradition is that the Vedas is not of human origin even though it was penned down by male and female sages. Of course, that's not possible (imo) as it requires a supernatural hand.

It's difficult to date it too as it has geographical records that go back a good 8000-9000 years but Western academia has set it at 2000BCish based on their dating techniques. I don't know what to believe on where it came from. I think it was just their explanation of why everything is the way it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do they say it's not from humans if there's a verse questioning god's existence?

ReputationRep:
    Why do they say it's not from humans if there's a verse questioning god's existence?
    I dunno, never read it or attempted to properly understand it.

My guess is that so people could use it as some kind of authoritative text.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I dunno, never read it or attempted to properly understand it.

My guess is that so people could use it as some kind of authoritative text.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol funny how you sit here going on about Islam...look into your own religion too.
    So it's not from God? It's made up?

ReputationRep:
    Lol funny how you sit here going on about Islam...look into your own religion too.
    So it's not from God? It's made up?
    Yeah that's not funny at all since I'm agnostic as I told you. I've read all I need to for now, there is no value in filling my head with that information. In comparison, Islam seems like a very simplistic religion so I find it easy to familiarise myself with it.

Nothing is from God, God isn't real. That's my whole point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Yeah that's not funny at all since I'm agnostic as I told you. I've read all I need to for now, there is no value in filling my head with that information. In comparison, Islam seems like a very simplistic religion so I find it easy to familiarise myself with it.

Nothing is from God, God isn't real. That's my whole point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I thought you said you were both Hindu and athiest and that it's possible to be both.
    That's your belief but surely Hindus believe their books came from God...I know what your views are on that specific verse but what do other Hindus think of it? I'm just wondering how it makes sense for it to come from God and then question his existence...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.