Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thestudent100)
    Management rejection because personal statement not as strong as others. Waiting since november, ib 38 (without tok ee points) predicted, strong extracurriculars, eu applicant. Good luck to the rest, i shall leave this thread now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So sorry but I'm sure you've got other brilliant offers.

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from LSE about further I formation about my reference (my app was done quite quickly) and they need a more up to date reference.

Is this a good sign? Or I shouldn't read to much into it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winnerjang)
    Wow that was super fast! I have been waiting since November May I ask your predicted grades?
    I'm an international applicant from Germany, so unless you're familiar with the German education and grading system, I'm probably not a big help for you, unfortunately.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnolia123)
    Got an email from LSE about further I formation about my reference (my app was done quite quickly) and they need a more up to date reference.

That sounds pretty good to me! Sounds like they want you, and are pushing for your placement but that's just my opinion

ReputationRep:

Well... Not sure if this counts, but I was asked for my predicted grades back in February (had applied on the 15 of January), and three weeks after sending them they offered me a place.

Predicted grades are probably more important than the reference, but the fact that they bothered to check it out and ask for a newer one is a good sign if you ask me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Look at it this way: They don't have any solid reason to reject you. That's why they haven't and they want more information. Unless your reference gives a reason, you'll be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Guessing that's it for this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Guessing that's it for this week?
    Ahhh I feel so bad for you, Ive seen you've been on this thread for ages! Hope it's good news you receive in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    Ahhh I feel so bad for you, Ive seen you've been on this thread for ages! Hope it's good news you receive in the end!
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    cheers
    it's actually brutal how long they're making you wait

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear back for BSc Politics and International Relations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)
    it's actually brutal how long they're making you wait
    I guess haha, oh well as long as it's worth the wait idm haha

ReputationRep:
    I guess haha, oh well as long as it's worth the wait idm haha
    Is anyone else in here who is still waiting to hear, applying for the same course as you?

I was talking to my Gran earlier about how some people are still waiting and the old dear asked if there was a place where I could trade my offers to other people, almost like an Ebay for Uni offers. After I stopped laughing, I had to explain to her that that is not how it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Is anyone else in here who is still waiting to hear, applying for the same course as you?

I was talking to my Gran earlier about how some people are still waiting and the old dear asked if there was a place where I could trade my offers to other people, almost like an Ebay for Uni offers. After I stopped laughing, I had to explain to her that that is not how it works.
    Yeah I applied for econ so probably, haha I wish that were the case!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceYim)
    Did anyone hear back for BSc Politics and International Relations?
    Yes! IR uk applicant, since october. I don't think they've released the bulk of their offers/rejections tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jainmanan)
    Interactional student?
    Right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxiGassauer)
    I sent of my UCAS application on January 12th. On the 27th they mailed me an update email that (at least that's what I've heard) everyone receives.

On the 6th of February I got a new mail saying that my application is now under consideration by the Admission Selector and this step can take up to 8 weeks (which would have been a couple of days after the 31st)

So I was actually really baffled when I received my offer today, I thought FOR SURE it would take them until the last week of March.

I had exactly the same story as you. Applied on the 12th, got an email on the 27th. Only I got an offer on the 6th of feb.

ReputationRep:
    It has literally been a month and a half since the 4 week email. Why are they taking so long?

ReputationRep:
    Any Management offer holders, feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/421205291388204/

ReputationRep:
    Anybody on here doing that InvestIN Education Investment Banking Day at UCL in April?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.