Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to make one change this week and then wildcard next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think my plan of action will simply be to dump Costa on the bench for this weekend (my TV is high so I can afford to chance it) and then transfer him out once we've seen the Liverpool game. Another option is to double up with Giroud, as Arsenal have good form & fixtures.
    it would cost me a 4 point hit to bring in sturridge because i'd need to downgrade chambers.
    not sure it's worth it, although i MIGHT take the punt if i'm feeling risky.

also gonna captain sancehz because i fancy arsenal to destroy villa.
    overall, gonna be a pretty risky week for me :/

ReputationRep:
    If Costa gets an extra game for a frivolous appeal, he could miss the next 4 gameweeks and then Chelsea have a blank week so that's 5 weeks in total he could be not playing for FF.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez reporterd as doubtful by sky sports For this weekend. Any news on fab?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Sanchez reporterd as doubtful by sky sports For this weekend. Any news on fab?
    Most articles are saying the sane thing. I think Fabregas won't play either.
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    sanchez all the way..

Lads just had a 2 week rest, and will be buzzing to come back and play agian

(Original post by sr90)
    Anyone else with multiple Chelsea/City players in a bit of a dilemma for this week? I can see their game being a low scoring, boring affair but it's a huge risk to drop someone like Costa, Terry or Aguero. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Alexis against a poor Villa side has to be the favourite.
    Now that Sanchez is doubtful to play, who do you suggest I should make my captain. Team is:

Lloris
    Wisdom Bertrand Terry
    Elia Silva Sanchez Downing
    Kane Costa Berahino

Also got another transfer I can make if I want to and plenty of cash in the bank. I've also got Chadli on the bench.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Costa banned for 3 games now that his appeal is rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Costa out, Giroud in for this weekend, enough in the bank to go to sturridge the week after if he's fit and ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Holding Costa until tomorrow, no point taking a hit this close to the deadline. If Sanchez doesn't play either then this could be a very low scoring week for most people, it looks like i'll be playing 442 this weekend!

Sturridge is straight in my team if he plays any part tomorrow.
    This is a really tough choice for me.
    Either straight swap Costa for any other attacker for a FT, or take a hit bringing Sturridge in.

I think simply because we're against West Ham and it's his first game back, I'm gonna wait until next week.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez missing out will bring some good variety to the captain selection this gameweek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Sanchez missing out will bring some good variety to the captain selection this gameweek

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no choice but to captain Aguero or Hazard.
    Hate to do it because the game is unlikely to be high scoring, but there's nobody else really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh don't bother taking a one week punt. Planned transfers never work out, what if another player in your team gets injured or sent off, you'd have to take an unnecessary hit. It's unlikely he'll fall tonight anyway because his ownership is 60%, so many people will need to take him out.

Sanchez, Costa, Sigurdsson and Fabregas all out this week really shakes things up a bit. Most people have 3 of them, a lot have all 4.
    I'm one of them. Completely shakes up my team. Might be a plan to go for the short-term changes buying myself time to rethink the long-term transfers...

ReputationRep:
    Is Sanchez definitely out or is there a chance he will play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez injury forces me to switch Downing to Puncheon on my wildcard.

I was going to bench Downing and play Ward-Prowse...

Getting Punchy and then benching JWP... If Sanchez is out I get JWP off the bench

ReputationRep:
    Paah was going to transfer Sanchez out just for this weekend then bring him back in with the wildcard next week. Didn't think of the effect of the price rise.

Low scoring week all round by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    Talking of Palace... Would Kane to Gayle be too reckless this week? :holmes:

Can't see Spurs getting much at West Brom, and Everton's defence is like a sieve...

ReputationRep:
    Costa will probably fall in price tonight. 230000+ people have taken him out. Probably best to replace him with Giroud and then get Sturridge in if he plays any part tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That's a good transfer to make anyway tbh, i've just brought him in too Their fixtures are amazing.
    If you had your Wildcard this week would you put Sturridge in, or would you put Di Maria in and see what happens? United have some glorious fixtures upcoming...

Question applies to all.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here going for Walcott?

I have him but might swap to ADM or Sterling... I dont know!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having 4 players missing in the blank gameweek coming up following the wild card is an issue for me right now. Might just have to back up a double transfer or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Anyone else here going for Walcott?

I have him but might swap to ADM or Sterling... I dont know!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's too much risk at the moment due to still being phased back in from injury. I need to see him scoring consistently, and there's too much value with others to want to play the risk at this moment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.