Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Why you think that?

Hi Rob how are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Hi Rob how are you?
    I am good thanks - bit tired from a busy day at work, but otherwise good. Yourself? Been quite a while since we have talked, how you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    I am good thanks - bit tired from a busy day at work, but otherwise good. Yourself? Been quite a while since we have talked, how you been?
    Plodding along I guess-with the grace of gods/meds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Yep, I have. Is there anything you want to know?
    Do you ever miss it? I always do.

ReputationRep:
    So my meds have knocked me out again!
    Slept all last night, and pretty much all day today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    So I think I kinda maybe have a girlfriend? :eek:
    :hugs: :jive: :woo:

I'm thrilled for ya! :hugs: I'm not surprised though, you're just too amazing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can some clever Uni student person help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Plodding along I guess-with the grace of gods/meds.
    Aye, same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniga)
    Do you ever miss it? I always do.
    I can't say I ever have, the large majority of the time I haven't enjoyed hospital and I get really bored. And don't even talk about PICU haha. Why do you miss it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    I can't say I ever have, the large majority of the time I haven't enjoyed hospital and I get really bored. And don't even talk about PICU haha. Why do you miss it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was like one big family. I met so many amazing people. I felt like I fitted in for once. I miss them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniga)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was like one big family. I met so many amazing people. I felt like I fitted in for once. I miss them.
    Sounds like you had a good experience there then. Did it help? Was that an adolescent ward or adult ward?

ReputationRep:
    i had a bad day today. i had pe, found out i have cross contry on friday, ugh. had science period 5, got told off for having a sip of water while in the lab.(you are normally not aloud too - but i have seen others in my class drinking coke and they werent told off atall)found out i hav music practical tomorrow, which means ineed to bring my guitar in tomorrow, which is gonna suck, becuase it is heavy.

ReputationRep:
    Is welcome week at Uni's optional? Cause so many of these welcome week activities clash with freshers week activities. My course for example is packed with welcome week activities, so it'd be surprising if I would be able to do any fresher week activities in the day time at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Is welcome week at Uni's optional? Cause so many of these welcome week activities clash with freshers week activities. My course for example is packed with welcome week activities, so it'd be surprising if I would be able to do any fresher week activities in the day time at all.
    You're meant to go to welcome week cause it goes through the basics of uni but they're not that crucial you're not going to get in trouble if you don't go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, guessing it involves like a library tour and stuff.
    I never went to a library tour or anything, my course only really did course induction and i think both second and third year i missed them, and first year i missed my first ever lecture! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have to go to a place I don't know it's miles away and I don't know how to get there, every bus keeps saying they don't go there and I'm getting so stressed and anxious and I'm going to be late and that's scary because I don't know any of the people there what do I do :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    You're meant to go to welcome week cause it goes through the basics of uni but they're not that crucial you're not going to get in trouble if you don't go

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by PandaWho)
    I doubt it, guessing it involves like a library tour and stuff.
    I never went to a library tour or anything, my course only really did course induction and i think both second and third year i missed them, and first year i missed my first ever lecture! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not saying I don't want to go, but some fresher thing may be really appealing to someone and they may miss it due to some welcome week activity.

If I have to go to everything I will. There's a few gaps here and there, but I get the whole of Friday to do some sort of fresher shenanigans so there's that I guess.

Hahaaaa Panda you legend! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I

Hahaaaa Panda you ledgend! :lol:
    Haha none of them were my fault!
    First year the lecture wasnt on my timetable so i didnt know it existed!
    Second year a friend was taking me into uni, but his keys and wallet was locked in his ex girlfriends room (my mates) very long story
    And third year i think i just thought id go for a hatrick...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Haha none of them were my fault!
    First year the lecture wasnt on my timetable so i didnt know it existed!
    Second year a friend was taking me into uni, but his keys and wallet was locked in his ex girlfriends room (my mates) very long story
    And third year i think i just thought id go for a hatrick...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl: :rofl:

Surely after 2 years at the university, you don't need a tour of the library?

Some of these welcome week activities seem real good, some interesting /need to know and other that may take effort to stay awake :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl:

Surely after 2 years at the university, you don't need a tour of the library?

Some of these welcome week activities seem real good, some interesting /need to know and other that may take effort to stay awake :teehee:
    No it was just about the corse in second year, like what to expect, so i had no clue :facepalm:
    I didnt even go to the library tour in first year so i didnt even know where our books were untill i followed someone on my course

Dont go to the ones you dont think will be interesting. I tended to go to the main talks with our flat, i went to freshers fair, and i think that was about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Have to go to a place I don't know it's miles away and I don't know how to get there, every bus keeps saying they don't go there and I'm getting so stressed and anxious and I'm going to be late and that's scary because I don't know any of the people there what do I do :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PM Rob, he'll sort you out.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.