Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownAnon)
    They have specific confirmation lines for indvidual courses though, and I've heard it has worked before.
    There are plenty of rumours about results day that are exaggerated or not true. If you truly want to ring then that's up to you, but to be completely honest your time and energy on that day will be far better spent looking through clearing or coming up with a plan B than trying to reason with someone who's already made their decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fldem)
    If you drop a grade in the subject you want to study at university, how negatively will that reflect on your application? I want to study English (need three As including English) and I got an A last year, A* in my coursework and have done a few essay competitions/EPQ in which I've been rewarded highly. However, during my exam, I was sat directly in front of two invigilators who would not stop chatting and I'm not trying to blame them but it was massively distracting and I barely finished my exam in time. It was a pretty bad one and I think I'm going to have done badly to be honest. Do you think universities will understand that it was just a bad day or will it be the end of my chances? I'm so scared to get the results
    I'm in the same boat sadly. I need to meet an AAA conditional for Computer Science and Physics course, but I'm pretty sure I'm only gonna get a B in Computing so yeah. I'm hoping if i can get A*AB it's enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazzzy57)
    Why would you not want to go to the university of Manchester?
    It's my firm choice😊
    I do and I don't ? I'm worried the mad party life will be too much. I want a quiet life and the thought of living in a massive city is kinda scary to me, I'm sure I'll enjoy it but right now it just seems kinda scary lol . I think I'd prefer somewhere more quiet

When predicting ny grades, my maths and chemistry teachers gave the grades I wanted/needed to make an application to my first choice uni, but initially, my biology teacher didn't (well she was a sub). I talked to my AS biology teacher, told her how my UMS from AS shows it could be likely, and she changed it, and my permanent A2 teacher agreed.

That said, I know for definite that I've missed the prediction in maths

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sick already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyit'sme)
    Wow thanks for your reply and what a surprise that was! For GCSE most people (including me) revised for the exams a couple weeks before, but comparing that to months and months is just crazy. And of course there's also the fact that getting into unis is stressful especially with so many applications this year! I wish you the very best in what you get and hope that you achieve what you desire, maybe the months of revision may pay off in the end, good luck, 4 days to go!!!
    Yeah, the step up really shocked me too but at AS I found that I left it too late and, even though I still did well, I found that I hadn't revised enough for some papers that really should've been better on my part. A Levels fully took over my A2 year in March/April but it might be worth bearing in mind that I am pretty excessive with it. I know a guy who I can guarantee will be looking at A*/A grades for all three of his A Levels and he'd be playing football in his free time at college whilst I was probably doing past papers....as much as I envy those people I also admire them for being so smart.

Thanks! I hope you have a good start to your AS year...I'm so nervous now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I think BBB would be enough considering the grades are not that high to start off with. Hope it all goes well with you ! Geoscience isn't a popular course so you have a good chance !
    Thanks so much. It freaks me out now. Just 4 days until judgement day.

ReputationRep:
    Still got another year of A-levels to go but I'm just thinking for next year - do entry requirements change when a course is in clearing? I want to do Physics at uni so I looked at some unis in clearing this year to see which unis might be more lenient, etc and I saw that good unis (Bristol, Exeter, King's, Leeds, Southampton, Surrey, York, etc) which usually require AAA for Physics were in clearing. Would they still look for AAA applicants in clearing or would they accept maybe ABB for example?

ReputationRep:
    For people going Uni this year, l need help. In some universities official website they have different requirements than on the UCAS website..so l don't know which website to use which shows the real requirements. Tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Still got another year of A-levels to go but I'm just thinking for next year - do entry requirements change when a course is in clearing? I want to do Physics at uni so I looked at some unis in clearing this year to see which unis might be more lenient, etc and I saw that good unis (Bristol, Exeter, King's, Leeds, Southampton, Surrey, York, etc) which usually require AAA for Physics were in clearing. Would they still look for AAA applicants in clearing or would they accept maybe ABB for example?
    Well if this a new spec then yeah, but it depends upon the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    For people going Uni this year, l need help. In some universities official website they have different requirements than on the UCAS website..so l don't know which website to use which shows the real requirements. Tips?
    I've always gone by the official university website

ReputationRep:
    Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

And...Ill be reapplying cause my insurance sucks ass 😩😩😩😩.

Any support is welcomed. Thank you.

Arghh I just saw that the Admissions Assistant posted on the fb group for my firm uni.

She's probably seen my result and put it through to UCAS

I'm *****ing myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    (Original post by laylarose)
    I've always gone by the official university website
    Official website but don't be afraid to email up and check. My insurance option wouldn't have been on ucas if it weren't for me asking the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

And...Ill be reapplying cause my insurance sucks ass 😩😩😩😩.

Any support is welcomed. Thank you.
    What's your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Anyone who did AS's in these subjects? If so predicted grade boundaries anyone?

Edexcel Maths(C1,C2,S1)
    C1 - A - 60
    C2 - A - 63
    S1 - 58
    OCR A Physics (Breadth/Depth)
    Breadth - A - 50
    Depth - A - 55
    AQA Computer Science
    Paper 1 - Not sure
    Paper 2 Not sure
    personally for maths I would predict
    C1-61 A
    C2-64 A
    S1-60 A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    What's your insurance?
    University of Birmingham - uni that accepts anyone as long as you give them that 9K/year.
    My friend got in last year with ADU 🙄. And they give out unconditional offers if u get an A in any of your subjects at AS.

ReputationRep:
    University of Birmingham - uni that accepts anyone as long as you give them that 9K/year.
    My friend got in last year with ADU 🙄. And they give out unconditional offers if u get an A in any of your subjects at AS.
    I got 3 A's at AS and didn't get an unconditional offer, as with any university, it depends on the course you apply for.

I'm sure that's not true, the unconditionals bit. Have you looked into clearing? What unis do you have in mind?

Also, what course did you apply for at Ox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    When predicting ny grades, my maths and chemistry teachers gave the grades I wanted/needed to make an application to my first choice uni, but initially, my biology teacher didn't (well she was a sub). I talked to my AS biology teacher, told her how my UMS from AS shows it could be likely, and she changed it, and my permanent A2 teacher agreed.

That said, I know for definite that I've missed the prediction in maths
    My head of year submitted my application and she asked me what predicted grades I wanted to enter... I could have said anything!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.