Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel chemistry 1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    I made so many little mistakes, feel SO angry with myself :|
    Why does it seem in exams the 'little' things get forgotten?

For example for the reagent I put hydrogen and not hygrogen gas [and according to my teacher (who also is an examiner) they won't give the mark for this] and on the alkene question I put dibromoethane not 1,2-dibromoethane... And theres loads more ERRRR I hope the grade boundarys are low!!
    And I don't remember having to learn about car exhaust fumes and limestone for AS level??

On the plus side the multiple choice were easy
    Im pretty sure you will definetly get the mark for hydrogen.. ive done loads of past paper questions and on similar questions not once do they ask for hydrogen gas.. its always just hydrogen and nickel catalyst.

ReputationRep:
    Guys be fair, truth and honest. What do you think would be the grade boundaries this time round. I mean to be honest it was a challenging paper in my opinions however most people in my school, here and outsiders are contradicting my opinion. feels very strange bcs i found it quiet difficult and everyone seems pretty confident with their performance!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itachi8)
    wat did ppl put on that limestone building question!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and wat did ppl for liI density was it the one with delta poisive
    For the limestone building question, my teacher [who is also an examiner] said it was about the gases being made in car exhausts and let out into the air, dissolving into rain and falling as acid rain which then neutrilises the limestone..
    I think I got the first two points, but don't remember seeing this in my syllabus!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...c2SiU&h=5965b- watchy it, it's soo funny

ReputationRep:
    Is Burning Fossil Fuel Make No2 And S02 In The Atmosphere
    [I think] they were looking for the fact they are made in car exhausts from petrol... So kinda I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloverocknroll)
    Guys be fair, truth and honest. What do you think would be the grade boundaries this time round. I mean to be honest it was a challenging paper in my opinions however most people in my school, here and outsiders are contradicting my opinion. feels very strange bcs i found it quiet difficult and everyone seems pretty confident with their performance!!
    I was feeling pretty confident about the exam...untill I read all the posts in this thread :eek3: and now I have realised all the ******** mistakes I have made lol. I think the boundaries might be quite low, cause it wasn't a particulary nice paper to be honest. there was waaayy too much on like green chemistry, which is supposed to be more in Unit 2. I am dreading Unit 2 now :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    i spoke to my teacher and they said just putting hydrogen should be fine cos i didnt specify gas either

I REALLY hope you are right, I knew the minute she took the paper away I should have written it though.
    Heres to hoping !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpmad)
    Im pretty sure you will definetly get the mark for hydrogen.. ive done loads of past paper questions and on similar questions not once do they ask for hydrogen gas.. its always just hydrogen and nickel catalyst.
    Thanks, and I hope you are right !

ReputationRep:
    [I think] they were looking for the fact they are made in car exhausts from petrol... So kinda I suppose!
    They're also from power stations aren't they? That haven't been fitted with scrubbers...

ReputationRep:
    Upload the paperrrrr pleaaaaaase before I blow up edexcels HQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woozeybear)
    They're also from power stations aren't they? That haven't been fitted with scrubbers...
    Now you mention it.... I do remember reading that in the textbook So that should have been ok to put!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woozeybear)
    I wrote "industrial processes".

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the paper will just make you feel worse about how you did... Best to just forget about it and concentrate on the next exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    I wrote "industrial processes".
    I couldn't remember the name of them and I had nuclear power stations in my head so just got rid of the nuclear hopefully! Never know

ReputationRep:
    Now you mention it.... I do remember reading that in the textbook So that should have been ok to put!
    Same I'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    wat did everyone put after the graph question where ba2+ and so on

ReputationRep:
    I wrote petroleum for the question on paraffin. Is it acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    wat did everyone put after the graph question where ba2+ and so on
    which question? about the peaks m/z?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerox217)
    Paper was decent, but I'm absolutely disgusted with myself for losing easy marks. Feel stupid as fuuuuuuuuuuu. Think I may have just thrown away an easy paper :/
    But some questions were WTF? Last question = -2 marks for me. -4 marks on other question. About -6 marks from silly 1marks lost here and there. And I'd expect about 16-18/20 on multiple choice.
    Grade boundaries BETTER be low. Anyone know the Jan2010 boundaries cos I can't access the examiners reports?
    I did the same thing. I could literally beat myself up for losing easy marks. The paper was actually easy and the worst thing was i could have easily done better providing i got more time into revision. Because it was easy, the worst of it is that the grade bounderies are also going to bee high =/

ReputationRep:
    i know im in year 13 retaking this
    but it really wasnt that hard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 25, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.