Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usman93123)
    First faculty,nAre you a student there or have you been offered a place?

Heyyy Usman!! I have been offered a place at the First Faculty too. Been looking for someone who got an offer from this faculty for such a long time. I have heard the current students say that private accommodation is best. I am still in the process of searching for a suitable accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPWorld)
    Heyyy Usman!! I have been offered a place at the First Faculty too. Been looking for someone who got an offer from this faculty for such a long time. I have heard the current students say that private accommodation is best. I am still in the process of searching for a suitable accommodation.
    Hey NPWorld ive heard private is the best im looking at places in Prague 1 or 2, where are you from and are you planning to visit Prague any time soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usman93123)
    Hey NPWorld ive heard private is the best im looking at places in Prague 1 or 2, where are you from and are you planning to visit Prague any time soon
    Hi,

Yes, I am also looking at Prague 1 or 2. I live in Essex, England. I have already visited the place once and would love to visit again (hopefully this month). Seems like an amazing place from what I have seen. Are you planning to visit the place ? Have you also applied to Masaryk ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPWorld)
    Can you help me get in to Prague please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejazak47)
    Can you help me get in to Prague please
    OK. In Prague there are three faculties under the Charles University. Each sets its own entrance exam.

If you have completed A-Levels, I believe the minimum grade requirement is CCC. The entrance exam can written in several places worldwide and at different dates.
    I did not use an agency, but some might prefer to do through one. I wrote my entrance exam at the university itself in Prague, on the 29th of June. I believe the deadlines have already passed for 2015 entry.

This might help you a bit :
    http://www.cmucas.com/applications-enquiries/

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

P.S: I wasn't really sure of what sort "help" you required. It would have been easier for me if you specified what sort of information you required

ReputationRep:
    I am sitting the Charles 1st Faculty Exam in April in London.

http://www.medicaldoorway.com/events...on-april-2016/

Palacky University was my first choice initially but I think if i got an offer from Charles first i really couldn't say no. Good luck all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooliomed)
    I am sitting the Charles 1st Faculty Exam in April in London.

http://www.medicaldoorway.com/events...on-april-2016/

Palacky University was my first choice initially but I think if i got an offer from Charles first i really couldn't say no. Good luck all.

hey, I'm sitting the test on 17th july, at abbey college in Malvern; are you using any specific recourses or going on any courses for it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeye I figured, thanks though; have you logged on to the medical doorway revision prep online?

ReputationRep:
    Im studying at Warsaw (WUM) currently, so if you have any questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riya06)
    Hey you guys
    I am also applying for Charles University, First faculty of Medicine. I will be giving my entrance exam on the 18th of June in Dubai. Where are you guys studying from for the test? Any books you would recommend?
    Good luck! I too gave my entrance exam in Dubai for Charles Uni faculty in Hradec Kralove and I got accepted so I'll be joining that faculty this Sept.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I am writing the exam for Charles uni next month and just want to ask what materials I should use to prepare. And since I did Biology, chemistry and maths for A-Level i thought I would go with these. But there doesn't seem to be a revision list for maths. So would you know what topics are likely to be tested on as I am really struggling at the moment. And should we buy any other books or materials or do we just use our a-level books?

Thank you very much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanCalist)
    Hi Guys,
    I am writing the exam for Charles uni next month and just want to ask what materials I should use to prepare. And since I did Biology, chemistry and maths for A-Level i thought I would go with these. But there doesn't seem to be a revision list for maths. So would you know what topics are likely to be tested on as I am really struggling at the moment. And should we buy any other books or materials or do we just use our a-level books?

Thank you very much!!
    Hey Alan, I used CGP books. I chose to do Physics for the exam instead of Maths. The topics that we were tested *on were quite broad from what I could remember, but this was almost 6 years ago for me...*

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone have any packs to revise from, any past multiple choice test papers. I'm doing the chemistry, biology and maths papers. Want to go to First Faculty or the one in Brno. But there's no topics for maths so I'm a bit lost. My exam is on 16th July so I would appreciate it if someone whose done the course in the past sort of type up what topics will come up. I would be extremely grateful to you if you can do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :D :))
    hey does anyone have any packs to revise from, any past multiple choice test papers. I'm doing the chemistry, biology and maths papers. Want to go to First Faculty or the one in Brno. But there's no topics for maths so I'm a bit lost. My exam is on 16th July so I would appreciate it if someone whose done the course in the past sort of type up what topics will come up. I would be extremely grateful to you if you can do this.
    Hey🙃! I'm not sure if there are any revision packs available online but you should be fine if you brush through the topics given in the website for biology and Chemistry. ( Especially Organic Chemistry ) I did Physics so not sure about Maths-But it is mostly composed of Further Mathematics questions if I'm not mistaken .I will check on that and update you if i find more info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakthi03)
    Hey🙃! I'm not sure if there are any revision packs available online but you should be fine if you brush through the topics given in the website for biology and Chemistry. ( Especially Organic Chemistry ) I did Physics so not sure about Maths-But it is mostly composed of Further Mathematics questions if I'm not mistaken .I will check on that and update you if i find more info.
    Thank you very much. Yes I've noticed that its got a bit of further maths. I didn't do further maths but I looked through the topics. For chemistry do I really have to learn all the complicated names? Because I did edexcel chem and I never had to learn many names.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you need to know the names of the compounds. Maybe not all but the important ones . Keep in mind that the IUPAC system of naming isn't used here if that is what you were using like me.
    Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :D :))
    Thank you very much. Yes I've noticed that its got a bit of further maths. I didn't do further maths but I looked through the topics. For chemistry do I really have to learn all the complicated names? Because I did edexcel chem and I never had to learn many names.
    Anytime and yes same here even I did Edexcel Chemistry so was not very much prepared with the names of compounds! I can assure you that you will manage though
    Just make yourself familiar with the names of some compounds from each section of the organic chemistry given in the faculty's website.
    If you can,skim through Physics as well.But since you didn't do Physics for Alevels just make sure you are very thorough with your Maths section.
    All the very best with your exam Just be confident and you will Ace it👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakthi03)
    Anytime and yes same here even I did Edexcel Chemistry so was not very much prepared with the names of compounds! I can assure you that you will manage though
    Just make yourself familiar with the names of some compounds from each section of the organic chemistry given in the faculty's website.
    If you can,skim through Physics as well.But since you didn't do Physics for Alevels just make sure you are very thorough with your Maths section.
    All the very best with your exam Just be confident and you will Ace it👍
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hi i got into charles university for dentistry and i was wondering if anyone recommends any websites for accommodation or anything that would help in general. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Setarehp)
    hi i got into charles university for dentistry and i was wondering if anyone recommends any websites for accommodation or anything that would help in general. Thanks
    Congratulations on getting your offer
    Are you looking into dorms?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.