The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
is it me or do offers come exactly when your not expecting it? every time i open my inbox to see 1 new email my heart stops beating while the inbox actually loads only to see its some iTunes update, and then just when i give up on the prospect of getting an offer any time soon............... 'something has changed on your ucas application'... lol =P
For those awaiting offers from either Bristol or York - what do you reckon they'll offer? (if they do give out an offer). Both claimed their typical offer was AAA-AAB - so I'm hopeful it's the latter.

I've come to realise that I'm in trouble if I don't get an AAB offer. Portsmouth offerred 320 points (ABB) - but I don't really fancy going to this particular university. Warwick's offer of AAA seems a bit too high for me at the moment - I'm aiming for A*AB or AAB - there's no way I'm getting an A in Biology (it'd mean re-sitting the AS modules).

I'm hoping that Bristol or York either give an AAB offer - or if they give an AAA will accept A*AB (but I think for that I'll need to contact them as soon as the offer comes in).
I forgot to mention I got my RHUL offer on Monday! :woo:

The conditions are astonishingly low! :eek:
I wish I'd looked more into placements during degree courses D:
Reply 424
Original post by tim323

University: Bath
Course Name: Psychology BSc (Sandwich)
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
Offer: A*AA
Other information if any: n/a

you have no idea HOW jealous I am of your offer =P Congratulations!!!

what subjects do you do?/how long ago did you send your ucas form off..

well done again! :biggrin:

X
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 425
Original post by SLlewellyn

Original post by SLlewellyn
For those awaiting offers from either Bristol or York - what do you reckon they'll offer? (if they do give out an offer). Both claimed their typical offer was AAA-AAB - so I'm hopeful it's the latter.

I've come to realise that I'm in trouble if I don't get an AAB offer. Portsmouth offerred 320 points (ABB) - but I don't really fancy going to this particular university. Warwick's offer of AAA seems a bit too high for me at the moment - I'm aiming for A*AB or AAB - there's no way I'm getting an A in Biology (it'd mean re-sitting the AS modules).

I'm hoping that Bristol or York either give an AAB offer - or if they give an AAA will accept A*AB (but I think for that I'll need to contact them as soon as the offer comes in).

Bristol take their sweet ass time. York are faster.
Reply 426
Original post by yaymeg
you have no idea HOW jealous I am of your offer =P Congratulations!!!

what subjects do you do?/how long ago did you send your ucas form off..

well done again! :biggrin:

X

Thx, I sent my application to ucas on the 14th Oct and got and offer on the 28th :smile:
The subjects I do are Double Maths, Biology and Chemistry :biggrin:
Reply 427
Original post by kat1912
Its not my top choice but the course did look amazing. GCSE: 9A*s 3A's, AS: AAAAB, predicted A*AA. Theyve had my application for like 4 weeks so it's probably not looking good

i'm applying for the psychological practice MSci, i haven't heard anything either... except for an email asking me to confirm what my 1st and 2nd placement preferences were... i'm not sure if everyone who applied got sent it, i was just naughty and didn't put it in my PS (I was concerned it would make my other choices aware of where i was applying, so my teachers advised me to leave it out.... turned out not to be a big deal though =D glad i didn't waste the PS characters now :tongue: )

Let me know if you hear anything XD
Original post by Bluth.
Well done to all the people with offers from Warwick. Feel free to ask any questions.

You go there, I take it? I went there yesterday to look round and it seemed like a great place to be, pretty much everyone I saw looked like they were having a good time :smile: what do you think of it?

Original post by fnm
. I know a girl on here (when I used to post on the results day thread earlier this year:biggrin:) went to Bristol to do psy, she seemed pretty cool, maybe it's best asking her. I think her name was Phoeebs or something lol.

So, yeah....tbh I don't know really that much at all about it in any detail relating to psy...sorry

She hates it and wants to drop out. =| Which university did you go to for Psychology?
Reply 430
Original post by Jackal The
She hates it and wants to drop out. =| Which university did you go to for Psychology?

Really? Aw:frown: I was going to do it at Soton, changed my mind not to study it mid A2 exams due to massive doubts.
I've applied for Lancaster, UEA, Hull, Manchester and Dundee and I sent my UCAS off last Friday.
I got a Manchester offer for AAB on Monday (how quick? YAY!! ^_^ ) I've got confirmations from everywhere but Lancaster now. Has anyone heard from UEA, Hull, Dundee or Lancaster?
I'm getting obsessive with my email. It's always open and I'm constantly refreshing it. XD It's so real after the first offer!! O_o
LOVING IT. :biggrin:

Original post by fnm
Really? Aw:frown: I was going to do it at Soton, changed my mind not to study it mid A2 exams due to massive doubts.
Awh! That kinda sucks. Fair enough though if you realised it wasn't for you. Where else did you apply out of interest?
Reply 433
Feeling so nervous about UCL :frown:
Reply 434
Original post by Mmrawrr

my friend already got a rejection from there
Original post by Mmrawrr

Good luck! :hugs:
hi everyone

i was wondering if anyone has got an interview from oxford?

i sent my ucas of in early october and took the tsa. i got an email saying my application is under active consideration which apparently means you meet their initial grade requirements, but i dunno

i've got an offer from Leeds which i really like so i'm not too worried. i think my predicted grades and gcses are good, well i hope so. i got 7 A*'s and 3 A's, and am predicted 3 A*s in maths, biology and art, and an a in history.

also anyone heard from birmingham for the msci?
Original post by danielwalsh
hi everyone

i sent my ucas of in early october and took the tsa. i got an email saying my application is under active consideration which apparently means you meet their initial grade requirements, but i dunno

i've got an offer from Leeds which i really like so i'm not too worried. i think my predicted grades and gcses are good, well i hope so. i got 7 A*'s and 3 A's, and am predicted 3 A*s in maths, biology and art, and an a in history.

'Active consideration' doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. You should hear soon about interview though.
Original post by danielwalsh
hi everyone

Original post by Noodlzzz
'Active consideration' doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. You should hear soon about interview though.

Yeah, active consideration simply means, "we have your application here."
Reply 439
Original post by edgood93
my friend already got a rejection from there

Ouch..

Quick Reply

Latest