Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    That is honestly the most genius thing I have ever read surrounding Doctor Who, by gummo she's good!

Really hope it's true- mind= blown! :eek:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You know Rose and the 10th Doctor are making a return this year, but it won't be in this main season but a special.

Although, it does make sense. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    x
    How hard is it?! No spoilers not in spoiler tags.

****ing hell :facepalm2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    How hard is it?! No spoilers not in spoiler tags.

****ing hell :facepalm2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I don't see how it is a spoiler if the BBC themselves announced it and are promoting the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Batman)
    I don't see how it is a spoiler if the BBC themselves announced it and are promoting the news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The episode isn't aired yet so it's classed as a spoiler. Some people try to avoid news about future episodes.

Mods/thread creator - maybe it would be worth adding a note to the OP that even press releases should be considered spoilers if they're about unaired episodes? It seems like quite a few people (myself included) wouldn't immediately think of it.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Watch Key Phone)
    The episode isn't aired yet so it's classed as a spoiler. Some people try to avoid news about future episodes.

Mods/thread creator - maybe it would be worth adding a note to the OP that even press releases should be considered spoilers if they're about unaired episodes? It seems like quite a few people (myself included) wouldn't immediately think of it.
    Done, although a lot of people don't read that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Done, although a lot of people don't read that.
    Hmm, true. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Watched saturdays one last night and thought it was crap, its turned less exiting if you ask me.

I prefer it when we had the blink statues and daleks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/10/gr...ll-time-final/

Blaine and Kurt vs The Doctor and Rose, whose love in stronger...no contest I'm sure we'll all agree!

ReputationRep:
    I have been a long time fan, seeing most of the old episodes and restarted with the first series with Eccleston. I have to say, he was my favourite of them. I also have to say the Matt Smith Series have been relatively ok, however I can't but feel let down with this latest one. So the Internet one, I felt this plot was a good concept, but take it out and use it without even seeing an villain was not really good, and come on "monsters in the wi-fi, sounds like a kid thought that up . I mean dr who's known for aliens/villains, that's what's made it scary, but not even seeing this alien was I thought, a brave but back fired decision. However wrote shall be hung be their junk until they agree to stop writing so badly. The latest one i thought, little better. Opening was good, I liked the idea of the villain being encased in a box, but then this idea of songs being souls was still idiotic, I just did not feel the monster plot was any good. Even, we are orbit and giant star that has our god in it and we have got to see to it or it will get pissed. Come on Moffat, stop effffing around. It's the 50th anniversary, don't **** it up or I'll get mad and lose my whole adoration with the show.

ReputationRep:
    Watched Saturday's finally, thought it was a bit cringey and very convoluted but with some highlights. I do wonder how everyone feels about not having a star anymore - that would really put a crimp in the day of every living creature on this planet.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Watched Saturday's finally, thought it was a bit cringey and very convoluted but with some highlights. I do wonder how everyone feels about not having a star anymore - that would really put a crimp in the day of every living creature on this planet.
    Although of course we don't know whether those aliens need the star. Perhaps they can live without it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Although of course we don't know whether those aliens need the star. Perhaps they can live without it?
    To live on an asteroid requires gravity and an atmosphere being made... there screwed if it ran on solar power though.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is talking at some pace.

ReputationRep:
    Why is noone commenting on the latest episode? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonrage973)
    Why is noone commenting on the latest episode? :confused:
    Just taking it in I guess...

Oh and I thought that was much better than last week. Gatiss did a good job with the Ice Warriors

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else thinking "Why did Clara have to get a jacket after the opening scene?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahjongmagic)
    Just taking it in I guess...

Oh and I thought that was much better than last week. Gatiss did a good job with the Ice Warriors
    Yeah it was much much better and it had some really good suspense moments. Yet somehow there was something missing. The plot was slightly too predictable. It wasn't bad though.

ReputationRep:
    Not bad. I quite enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else pick up on the Rose hints? The song Hungry like the WOLF

ReputationRep:
    Best episode so far

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.