Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not enough hours I know that for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winningjojo)
    Agreed!! I manage 3/4 at most :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose its easier if your subjects are completely different whereas if your doing chemistry followed by biology then I suppose all that science would get somewhat overwhelming !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsr_helper)
    I suppose its easier if your subjects are completely different whereas if your doing chemistry followed by biology then I suppose all that science would get somewhat overwhelming !
    Yeah the problem is 3/5 o n exams are chemistry so my brain just gets all blurghh after that time! I try to mix it up with English and French in between but tbh my attention span for revising isn't the greatest unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AS bio,chem,maths and physics

Anything from 5-10 hours a day, depending on my mood.

ReputationRep:
    1 hour a night i get a s doe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevedavis18)
    1 hour a night i get a s doe
    yeah a's in subjects like media food tech dance

ReputationRep:
    I dont think we should be counting the hours we study as a measuring tool.

I think it's easy to sit in the library for 6 hours and work for only 1 of those.

There's some good "productive schedules" out there that maximize your focus time, by working for the right amount of time and taking the right breaks.

There's one called the pomodoro technique, 120 blocks, and blind cat technique.

There's some good diagrams of the schedules here

http://www.explorecreatelive.com/?p=741&preview=true

ReputationRep:
    This people on this website are probably a biased sample group, considering the fact that they wouldn't be here at all if they didn't care about their education, so you guys shouldn't get worried if people are doing 6 hours and you aren't - the general population is probably doing less than you. Personally I'm doing 2 hours minimum but then again I'm taking my GCSEs and on the scale of importance I guess they're near the bottom and I can get my target A grades with minimal effort really.

ReputationRep:
    8 hours! And stilllllllllll nothing goes through *Probably should log off TSR*
    Good luck everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Close to zero. Struggling to start.
    I just end up sitting at my desk doing nothing.
    I guess I'm used to cramming. :/

ReputationRep:
    I think I've been doing about 7 - 9 hours a day due to only starting revising last Friday or so for 9 exams. I wouldn't recommend this amount of hours, I've started feeling incredibly ill recently and I think it's due to stress.

Oh well, only a couple weeks.

ReputationRep:
    You can tell I'm a uni student...I've managed to do probably 10 minutes so far today :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    7 am - 1 pm almost everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    7 am - 1 pm almost everyday
    Shiv on a mad one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explorecreateliv)
    I dont think we should be counting the hours we study as a measuring tool.

I think it's easy to sit in the library for 6 hours and work for only 1 of those.

There's some good "productive schedules" out there that maximize your focus time, by working for the right amount of time and taking the right breaks.

There's one called the pomodoro technique, 120 blocks, and blind cat technique.

There's some good diagrams of the schedules here

http://www.explorecreatelive.com/?p=741&preview=true

This is good, it's exactly what I do, except I do 30 mins with 10 min breaks. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well its half term, can cool down a bit. 2 Exams left, so not fully cool down!

ReputationRep:
    Been doing 7hrs everyday for more than two months.. few weeks left until the end guys, we can do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't really aim for a set amount of hours, it just depends on how much stuff I need to complete. Today so far - 30 minutes
    On a better day 6 hours with 2/3 breaks (for eating of course )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    TSR is ruining it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have had 15 exams and before i was doing 6 hours a day. but now i am down to 6 exams so i am doing 5 hours a day and before the day of an exam i do 6 hours to add in an extra hour of the subject that the exam is on the next day

30 days to go until my summer starts
    hello sleep :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.