Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 "Physics at work" June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: The last question - Does resistance increase or decrease?
    It increases ( using V=IR or some other method)
    70.73%
    It decreases using the 'lattice vibrations' theory
    29.27%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find Jan 13's paper with markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    what are the chances of Edexcel screwing us over again? pretty high methinks. And they better not ask us any long ass question on some experiment, our teachers are rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.102)
    Does anyone know where to find Jan 13's paper with markscheme?
    6PH02_01_que_20130118.pdf
    6PH02_01_rms_20130307.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Potential divider.
    Lambda=2l/n
    Pir^2
    Intensity=P/A

There's not that many.
    Just looking through this thread what's the "Lambda=2l/n" equation for/what are the things/letters representing?

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please give me a model answer to explain how the photoelectric effect supports the particle model of light and not the wave model of light?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.102)
    Does anyone know from the top of their head what formulas we actually need to remember that aren't given on the formula sheet?
    Potential divider.
    Lambda=2l/n
    Pir^2
    Intensity=P/A

There's not that many.
    There's also this one:

f=n/2l x sqrt(T/mu)

ReputationRep:
    definitely gonna be a tough paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathberries)
    Just looking through this thread what's the "Lambda=2l/n" equation for/what are the things/letters representing?
    To find the wavelength of a stationary wave. Lambda is wavelength. L is length of string/tube/or whatever. N is the number of antinodes.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me with june 12

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...e_20120525.pdf

Q5,11 (a), 15 (c), 17 b and 18 b (i)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Do you know what a graph of y = \dfrac{k}{x} (where k is a constant) looks like?
    yes.... but whats the physics behind it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    yes.... but whats the physics behind it?
    Well, if you look at the graph, you've got I on the y-axis and R on the x-axis.

Ohm's law is I = \dfrac{V}{R}

We're told that V is constant.

Can you see the connection here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosports)
    definitely gonna be a tough paper
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain when do we have to give final answer in to 2 significant figures and when to give upto 3 significant figures? because if u don't give the answer to required no. of significant figures u cant get the final mark for correct answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Can someone please explain when do we have to give final answer in to 2 significant figures and when to give upto 3 significant figures? because if u don't give the answer to required no. of significant figures u cant get the final mark for correct answer?
    I think any answer better than 3sf is correct, unless the question says so.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they don't penalize if mark scheme says correct answer is 16 and we write 16.1 ? dio u think we will still get final mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Do you think they don't penalize if mark scheme says correct answer is 16 and we write 16.1 ? dio u think we will still get final mark?
    They usually have a margin of error. Unless it specifically says round your answer to a whole number or to 2sf it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Any help with Jan 2012 14.b)?Name:  wda.png
Views: 98
Size:  31.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Guys I know that for car headlights, they dim at the start because the huge surge in current causes a drop in the voltage across the internal resistance, but why do they go on to become brighter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getoom)
    Any help with Jan 2012 14.b)?Name:  wda.png
Views: 98
Size:  31.8 KB
    Check previous page.

ReputationRep:
    Check previous page.
    +1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.