Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    Last question= Rubber?
    i said it was polymeric

ReputationRep:
    for the young modulus did anyone else get E= stress/(percentage strain/100) ? and omg I ran out of time so I skipped the 1 mark questions near the end to do the graph/ aeroplane question.

ReputationRep:
    Last question= Rubber?
    Yeah, that's the type of material I thought

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low :/ So many easy marks lost *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    Was the GPE lost doing work against the drag force ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyP96)
    i said it was polymeric
    Yeah, that, but is rubber an example? Cause I just mentioned it was

ReputationRep:
    i said it was polymeric
    Polymeric changes shape on load. Don't think engineers will want the aeroplane tires changing shape :s

ReputationRep:
    i said it was polymeric
    I said that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -bethan-)
    Yeah, that, but is rubber an example? Cause I just mentioned it was
    Correct answer was polymeric, you should get marks for saying rubber. Welp, I'm off home now guys, be on later maybe! Hope everyone did as good as they hoped!

ReputationRep:
    Last question= Rubber?
    I put the material is elastic because it returns to its original shape after the load is removed. It is suitable for plane tires??? because the tires won't be permanently deformed after each landing. The material is rubber - I don't know if that's worth 3 marks or not

ReputationRep:
    Polymeric changes shape on load. Don't think engineers will want the aeroplane tires changing shape :s
    The whole point is that the tyres squash a bit and then stretch again on impact, otherwise it would be like having tyres made of concrete...they'd just break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    The whole point is that the tyres squash a bit and then stretch again on impact, otherwise it would be like having tyres made of concrete...they'd just break
    Exactly what I thought :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    My bad I meant Polythene

ReputationRep:
    rubber is polymeric and it returns to it's original shape after the load is removed

ReputationRep:
    rubber is polymeric though, and the graph definately showed a polymeric material, i said that it wouldnt plastically deform from the weight of the plane, because if you use a brittle material it will break and ductile tyres would get squashed and not be wheel shaped anymore

ReputationRep:
    rubber is polymeric though, and the graph definately showed a polymeric material, i said that it wouldnt plastically deform from the weight of the plane, because if you use a brittle material it will break and ductile tyres would get squashed and not be wheel shaped anymore
    Yeah I made a mistake thought the other dude said polythene

ReputationRep:
    Dont the tires absorb energy as the areas under the unloading and loading curve are different ?

ReputationRep:
    There was a question in the springs question about the mass. I can't remember how it was exactly worded
    What did everyone put down foe it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyoh9292)
    Correct answer was polymeric, you should get marks for saying rubber. Welp, I'm off home now guys, be on later maybe! Hope everyone did as good as they hoped!
    The graph showed Rubber. If you put down Polymeric only that could mean rubber or polythene?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2012)
    There was a question in the springs question about the mass. I can't remember how it was exactly worded
    What did everyone put down foe it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i put a=f/m so if the mass increases the acceleration decreases

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.