Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazbian)
    Omg this. I've been cursed with very heavy/long periods (they last 9-12 days naturally), so I have this every time for a good 4-5 days and it is VERY nasty.

The pill I'm on now makes it slightly better, but I still get it every period for a few days. The previous pill I was on made it worse!

Sorry about the too much info. My periods annoy me soo much. I mean, they're not fun for anyone, but mine have always been a nightmare. I could rant forever. :mad:
    Have you heard of Mefenamic Acid? It's an NSAID prescribed by GPs to help specificially with period pain/heavy periods. Might be worth asking about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River Shadow)
    Have you heard of Mefenamic Acid? It's an NSAID prescribed by GPs to help specificially with period pain/heavy periods. Might be worth asking about it?
    I had that - worked wonders for the pain, made me even heavier! I'd recommend giving it a go though, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    what it's like the have a penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    The 'knowing glance' shared with strangers in mutual appreciation of a bent over girls arse or someone making a tit of themselves. More generally the feeling of instant rapport with other guys you have in the right circumstances. I am pretty sure women who don't know each other just don't do this. How the **** do you people make new friends?
    Haha I love it when you pull in a club and some random guy is like (Y) , his eyes just say 'I'm pointing out an obvious undertone that people like to pull in clubs and I'm glad you have, sir'... Just a moment of connection like that is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    This.

Also girls won't know how embarrassing it is for us when someone sits on your lap and your little fella wants to spring into action :erm: I'm convinced that they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha it's all fun and games until there's an unwanted re-direction of blood flow... I'm so glad that I've managed to get them away before they notice.

ReputationRep:
    The annoying after sex bit where he falls straight to sleep in post-coital bliss but you cant get comfy or relaxed cos you know you have to get up in 5 minutes before you leak all over the sheets :mad:

Then you go, clean up and come back, and he's blissfully unaware you even left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    The annoying after sex bit where he falls straight to sleep in post-coital bliss but you cant get comfy or relaxed cos you know you have to get up in 5 minutes before you leak all over the sheets :mad:

Then you go, clean up and come back, and he's blissfully unaware you even left
    We are genetically wired to feel tired :rolleyes: Just keep tissues handy

That's another thing girls don't get, orgasms can be hard work for us!

ReputationRep:
    We are genetically wired to feel tired :rolleyes: Just keep tissues handy

That's another thing girls don't get, orgasms can be hard work for us!
    i know i just hate how we get lumbered with cleaning up while he sleeps.

orgasms are hard for us too you know!! takes ages to build up to one and then have several! (hehehe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    i know i just hate how we get lumbered with cleaning up while he sleeps.

orgasms are hard for us too you know!! takes ages to build up to one and then have several! (hehehe)
    The fact that you can even have several within minutes should make it worth the cleanup :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I had that - worked wonders for the pain, made me even heavier! I'd recommend giving it a go though, definitely.
    Ah OK. Weird about the heaviness, but glad it's helped to some degree!

ReputationRep:
    double post

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you can even have several within minutes should make it worth the cleanup :cry2:
    Hmmm fair enough. Still hate getting out of bed though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Sociosexual mind games are annoying and pointless.

ReputationRep:
    We hate high heels. They make you impossible to walk with and we don't like our height being challenged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    :lol: Very true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    We hate high heels. They make you impossible to walk with and we don't like our height being challenged.
    pfft lies!

I go weak at the knees for a girl in heels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River Shadow)
    No, but it sounds useful. I was prescribed tranexamic acid for a while to help (and it did make them more manageable).

My mum had an operation to stop her periods (it burned away the womb lining). I think as soon as I'm done having kids, I will get that done haha.

ReputationRep:
    More disgusting period talk: sometimes you can feel the blood clot making its way down and out. It's like there's a tiny alien in there wanting to come out. Then you have to change your pad, even if you only changed 30 minutes ago, I guarantee you'll need to (even if you're on the pill). Also, the blood always smears everywhere... Fun, right?

Boobs hurt sometimes. Bras also hurt, but in a different way.

If you wear tights, you generally have to wear shorts too to keep them up.

Can't think of anything else right now... But seeing as basically everyone I know is a girl, I've probably missed many things.

Oh and to those considering mefenamic acid, if you've got asthma or are otherwise allergic to any NSAID,
    Don't bother, even if it works really, really well, you're probably allergic like I was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another icky one.

How you can't squeeze a fart or poo out when you're wearing a tampon else you squeeze the tampon out to unless you're some kind of superhuman that can control muscles in that area perfectly, in the same way some women poop when they're giving birth ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.