Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Everton FC Thread watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Although shocking, your lot aren't much better.
    My exclamation marks were merely to try and fit in with the poster above me.

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny but what's happening with you guys nowadays, shocking yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    My exclamation marks were merely to try and fit in with the poster above me.
    "Oh."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Not being funny but what's happening with you guys nowadays, shocking yesterday.
    Injuries
    Lack of wingers.
    Referees.
    Older CBs that needed replacing last summer.
    Inept goalkeeper.
    No plan B.

Just everything that could go wrong, has.

ReputationRep:

Really hope we do well against Hull this Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Martinez should target Ryan Shawcross,some wingers and midfielders for squad depth and Martin Montoya from Barcelona

ReputationRep:
    Injuries
    Lack of wingers.
    Referees.
    Older CBs that needed replacing last summer.
    Inept goalkeeper.
    No plan B.

Just everything that could go wrong, has.
    Seems like a whole host of clubs are in for CBs this Jan. How old is Distin like 37? Blimey. When Kone got that first goal yesterday at such an early stage of the game I was like, 'yup the Toffees have this one in the bag now' but to their credit Newcastle displayed a good performance. Just not as threatening as before, I guess your injury problems are setting you back like you said.

(Original post by Skill Twix)

Really hope we do well against Hull this Thursday!
    Thursday will be tough for you as well, Hull need a win as bad as you guys do. Genuinely can't tell which way this one would go.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ten goals from defensive errors - four more than any other club.

You've also got the lowest points per goal ratio in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a whole host of clubs are in for CBs this Jan. How old is Distin like 37? Blimey. When Kone got that first goal yesterday at such an early stage of the game I was like, 'yup the Toffees have this one in the bag now' but to their credit Newcastle displayed a good performance. Just not as threatening as before, I guess your injury problems are setting you back like you said.

Thursday will be tough for you as well, Hull need a win as bad as you guys do. Genuinely can't tell which way this one would go.
    Well said!Our backline is pretty old(Coleman is the youngest).Need an RB,CB'S,Midfielders(Central midfielders and Left/Right midfielders).I'd say get wingers as well!Well let's hope the team does well!I hope Martinez plays Mirallas as a LW and Mc Geady as RW!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Distin, Jagielka, Howard is hardly the most youthful of back-lines. Even Baines is past his prime now, while Stones is the complete other end of the spectrum and probably too inexperienced at this stage.

Rumours linking Coleman with a move to United.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours linking Coleman with a move to United.
    Oh here we go

ReputationRep:
    Oh here we go
    Everyone's linked to United nowadays. Apparently I'm going there too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh here we go
    They should have gone for him last season rather than Baines/Fellaini imo. Benefit of hindsight, I guess.

Never really understood why Baines was linked with United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Apparently I'm going there too
    Lmao :laugh:

They should have gone for him last season rather than Baines/Fellaini imo. Benefit of hindsight, I guess.

Never really understood why Baines was linked with United.
    If Baines had gone through with that move he wouldn't have got hardly enough game time as he does now. Good he stayed put, but he's passing his prime now.

As for Coleman, wouldn't be a bad move as long as the price is right. I'm hearing figures of £25m being flown around, that's a bit much imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If Baines had gone through with that move he wouldn't have got hardly enough game time as he does now. Good he stayed put, but he's passing his prime now.

As for Coleman, wouldn't be a bad move as long as the price is right. I'm hearing figures of £25m being flown around, that's a bit much imo.
    Every time I watch Baines closely he doesn't impress me. He'd have been found out at a CL club imo.

ReputationRep:
    Please Everton Please win today
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hull 1-0.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    HTull 2-0 Everton. Thoughts on Martinez's position?

ReputationRep:
    So how well do you think yous will fare in the championship next season?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Alcaraz dismissed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.