Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think he's the best striker in the PL - incredibly talented. But boy he is one character.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who do u think will play striker against united. Everyone says poldolski but he's never played up front this season. Walcott's lost his spark sense signing the contract and don't get me started on gervinho...

ReputationRep:
    well there is some positive for today!

Though I still think chelsea are just about good for 3rd.. (unfortunately..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Who do u think will play striker against united. Everyone says poldolski but he's never played up front this season. Walcott's lost his spark sense signing the contract and don't get me started on gervinho...
    Yep we're in a crisis

BTW he has played up front this season but he's been poor

TBH that tackle imo wasn't a red so if we appeal....

ReputationRep:
    Who do u think will play striker against united. Everyone says poldolski but he's never played up front this season. Walcott's lost his spark sense signing the contract and don't get me started on gervinho.
    I think it will be gervinho. Lolcott is **** at the moment and podolski is useless when his back is too the goal so gervinho is our best option. At least with him you can be sure that he'll try his hardest to get the ball and make chances, even if he doesnt score. I think we've proved for the last few games that you don't need a clinical striker to win games...

ReputationRep:
    Who do u think will play striker against united. Everyone says poldolski but he's never played up front this season. Walcott's lost his spark sense signing the contract and don't get me started on gervinho.
    I think it's gonna be Theo or Gervinho. I don't think Wenger trusts Podolski much up front but you can never tell with Arsene. Personally I would like to see Podolski as I think he's our best finisher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I think it's gonna be Theo or Gervinho. I don't think Wenger trusts Podolski much up front but you can never tell with Arsene. Personally I would like to see Podolski as I think he's our best finisher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Podolski is our best finisher but he goes missing a lot in games

As much as I hate to say it I would put gervinho there. Walcott has been rubbish recently. Podolski has been rubbish there.
    Plus as agonising as gervinho is - at least he gets into those positions whereas the others don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Podolski is our best finisher but he goes missing a lot in games

As much as I hate to say it I would put gervinho there. Walcott has been rubbish recently. Podolski has been rubbish there.
    Plus as agonising as gervinho is - at least he gets into those positions whereas the others don't.
    I agree with that but if he's on his A game he's pretty decent. Still if not him I wouldn't mind Gervinho though I think he's better out wide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I agree with that but if he's on his A game he's pretty decent. Still if not him I wouldn't mind Gervinho though I think he's better out wide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would line up like this:

Sczcesny
    Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
    Arteta Ramsey
    Oxlade-Chamberlain Rosicky Cazorla
    Gervinho

Subs: Mannonne, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Podolski, Walcott

ReputationRep:
    Is this notion Podolski is rubbish up front based solely on 70 mins on the first day of the season or am I missing something ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Is this notion Podolski is rubbish up front based solely on 70 mins on the first day of the season or am I missing something ?
    He's been played a few times up front. I remember the last time he played up front after coming on as a substitute a couple of weeks ago and it looked like we had six men in midfield! Plus the tendency to go missing in games doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    He's been played a few times up front. I remember the last time he played up front after coming on as a substitute a couple of weeks ago and it looked like we had six men in midfield! Plus the tendency to go missing in games doesn't help.
    What game was that ? Against Norwich last weekend he came on and turned the game on its head along with the ox, he hit the bar and then scored playing through the middle

ReputationRep:
    Ox should definitely start over Walcott, he'd cause Evra some serious problems. Rosicky also needs to start, to inject pace and directness into the game. Podolski should be given the nod up front, I can see Rio and Vidic easily dealing with Gervinho. Podolski may drift in and out of games but when he's given a chance you can count on him to put it away, can we say the same thing about Gervinho?

ReputationRep:
    We could really do with getting something out of the game next week. At least it's likely they'll have won the league by then. That said, the way this season has gone nobody is safe against anybody, wouldn't put it passed us to beat United only to lose the week after. It was so important that we beat Fulham yesterday though, even if we played terribly. Our goal difference is looking rosy and that could be the difference come end of season.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it but the Ox is a far better player than Theo even now... And I don't know about everyone else but I love his positivity (or you could call it optimism ha) he always looks dangerous as an impact player, I really hope that translates into a top class starter in future.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I SWEAR TO GOD Man city have deliberately lost to tottenham now- how is it ****ing possible that a bale-less tottenham beat city 3-1?
    i believe there is something fishy here. doesnt matter it was at white hart lane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahomyemane778)
    Oh my god I SWEAR TO GOD Man city have deliberately lost to tottenham now- how is it ****ing possible that a bale-less tottenham beat city 3-1?
    i believe there is something fishy here. doesnt matter it was at white hart lane.
    They werent bale-less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    They werent bale-less
    what? hes supposed to be out 6 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahomyemane778)
    Bale played, You need to grow up mate. I watched the game and Spurs deserved their goals. Man City were poor in the second half, all we can do is concentrate and win our games

ReputationRep:
    oh **** he's back
    i dont think we going to make fourth- we shouldnt have drawn 0-0 against everton- weve paid the price now

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.