Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    What most of you compassionate beings don't seem to realise is that an attack like this is actually a *good* day in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and Somalia. :rolleyes:
    Death and suffering in three of the least secure countries in the world? Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us. You forgot to mention Syria.

ReputationRep:
    I just seen the pictures of people's legs blown

F terrorist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Let us spare a thought for all the innocent people in the Middle East for whom bombings are a part of daily life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Death and suffering in three of the least secure countries in the world? Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us. You forgot to mention Syria.
    Technically, Iraq isn't a warzone and the attacks that happen are terrorist attacks, not part of a war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knope)
    Dear The Atlantic,

In what world is it necessary to post a picture of an injured party being taken away from the scene with a disconcerting amount of bare leg bone showing, covered in blood, etc? I'm not even talking just about their readers' sensibilities, but this person has been seriously injured and now he also has to deal with having what was, probably, a terrifying moment for him immortalised. Some things need to stay private.

Urgh.
    Cant even say how sorry i feel for that guy, nothing short of horrific and nightmarish.

This so awful

Who hurts innocents who are in the act of helping others? Some people are such sick sick individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Nasty, the effects of this could be huge. Just as the war on terror is winding down a whole new event.
    The war on terror was not winding down, it has just been reported less excitedly and less frequently, and tarted up into a Colonel Jessup speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Then why not start a thread of your own commemorating those terrible tragedies? Or do you only care when humans show compassion towards other humans?

There is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for the people of Boston, regardless if what happens elsewhere is admittedly more tragic.
    This. It really annoys me that whenever a tragedy happens in America people always come out with things like that; it's not the fault of the victims or their families that tragedies in other countries don't receive the same kind of media attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Apparently the marathon was being run in honour of the victims of the Newtown massacre and some of the families were positioned in the VIP section near the finish line. Awful, just awful, can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through.
    If that's true then I wonder if it's maybe some small secular group of gun nuts or something... I really can't understand why a 'big' group like Al-Qaeda would target a marathon in a (pretty) random American city. There must be some background to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StormXibalba)
    That would be pretty frightening. This doesnt feel like an Extremist-islam attack though does it? Something like a gun nut seems far more likely.
    It did occur to me. April 15th is tax day in the US, so at least in day terms it's not an implausible fit. It might be a Breivik type event.

Equally, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that North Korea had one or two long-term sleeper cells in the US, and this was part of their new policy of provocation just short of war.

Or, of course, the usual suspects.

With modern CCTV and datamining technology technology, I find it inconceivable that the NSA, CIA and FBI aren't already following up some very good leads.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking it's going to be a small, American anarchist group.

ReputationRep:
    37 dead in Iraq today and over 250 injured, and no-one even bats an eyelid. 2 people die in America and it's front page news accross the world.

I hate making comparisons like this, but priorities people?

Before people make assumptions, I'm not muslim, I'm pretty much as conservative as they come, but this does seem like much ado about nothing, if you may.

ReputationRep:
    (allegedly) Police are questioning a random Saudi Arabian on his hospital bed who was fleeing in terror and was injured in the blast. :facepalm: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling it has something to do with gay marriage legalisation in Massachusetts. Correct me if I'm wrong but has it been legalised there in the past few weeks? Reason there.

But then, the fact it was on Patriot's Day gives reason for it being someone anti-US.

Or, it could just be some nutter as mentioned before. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    It did occur to me. April 15th is tax day in the US, so at least in day terms it's not an implausible fit. It might be a Breivik type event.

Equally, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that North Korea had one or two long-term sleeper cells in the US, and this was part of their new policy of provocation just short of war.

Or, of course, the usual suspects.

With modern CCTV and datamining technology technology, I find it inconceivable that the NSA, CIA and FBI aren't already following up some very good leads.
    I had forgotten that it was tax day today, probably because im still a student so dont have to worry about them just yet. I dont think North Korea are that equipped to do anything in a foreign country but maybe this is naive, after all lots of the despots in history that killed many people weren't taken seriously at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this wont be an excuse to bomb Korea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sucess)
    I hope this wont be an excuse to bomb Korea
    America has its excuses to bomb Korea go to war with North Korea DPR. They can start any time they want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    America has its excuses to bomb Korea go to war with North Korea DPR. They can start any time they want to.
    Blame Canada.

ReputationRep:
    The Middle East has experienced many atrocities, therefore extremism has increased. Violence will only be followed by more violence. Just look at Bosnia, an Islamic country plagued by genocide. Do we see violence there? Of course not. They're a Western country. They are Europeans. Therefore the argument that religion isn't the factor being extremism is proportionally true. The Middle East is hundreds of years behind developed countries in terms of morality and obedience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Police are questioning a random Saudi Arabian on his hospital bed who was fleeing in terror and was injured in the blast. :facepalm: :facepalm2:
    A right thing to do given the mesmerising amount of terrorists Saudi Arabia supports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallC)
    I'm thinking it's going to be a small, American anarchist group.
    Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.