Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't Know What You Mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Don't Know What You Mean?
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    Another problem that I've noticed since the redesign: I'm using TSR on an iPad (not using the iPad app, just a browser) and those little buttons that I could previously press on to view a 'spoiler' in someone's post no longer do anything when I try to press on them, they are now just like flat graphics. Maybe it would be different if I used the iPad app? But it does seem odd that those buttons worked perfectly fine on the iPad with the old design, but not with the new one.
    I'm told they're working on this. Same with iPhones and iPod touches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The site font should be comic sans. It goes with the childish ethos of the 'rebrand'.
    It looks lovely

ReputationRep:
    It looks like you've made the green brighter to match with the red. I think they should both be lighter, as you can't tell straight away if someone has been repped - it now kind of looks like everyone has a positive and negative rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It doesn't work. I can see that you've used it in the quote but not in the post :'(
    It looks alright to me? (I think)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hey guys.

Just so you're aware, we're about to make a few small tweaks to things to see how they work.

This includes making the orange buttons less bright to improve the contrast, changing the red colour on the negative rep thumbs on unrated posts, increasing the size of text in posts by one size, making the 'read' icon on the Who Quoted Me widget slightly lighter to improve contrast and a couple of small bug fixes like fixing the spoiler buttons for iPads and making all buttons use the 'hand' icon when you hover over them in Firefox. We've also made a couple of adjustments to the links and text used to say who a quote is by and where it is from.

We will likely say more on this later, but I just wanted to give a quick update now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why are you making post size bigger?
    This ^

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

The 'Original post by *username*' is restored with the 'Original Post' as the link.

ReputationRep:
    I like the duller orange of the buttons and the way the negative thumb doesn't catch your eye anymore, but I'm not a fan of the larger post size. Then again, maybe I'll get used to it

ReputationRep:
    I think post size bigger is good, because now at my 75% zoom I can read the text and the buttons aren't gigantic. Whereas before I either had tiny post text text and sensible everything else, or readable post text and huge buttons. Everything is a lot more in proportion now so I can set scale level I'm happy with.

It might be more useful to everyone to make the other stuff a little smaller so it's a good size at 100% - but I don't mind.

And yey, bold is back. (edit: well italic is anyway)

Much better :yes:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why are you making post size bigger?

(Original post by Vulpes)
    This ^
    Because loads of people complained it was too small to read.

One of the ways to fix this was to increase the size.

And what do you know? The first two people to post after it was done seem to be suggesting it's too big. You can never win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)

And what do you know? The first two people to post after it was done seem to be suggesting it's too big. You can never win!
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Much better. :yy:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by RK)

Thank you for this. I was pleasantly surprised to see the issues were addressed, I thought we'd be stuck with it forever! Text looks a lot better now, easier on the eyes and also it's good to see the thumbs down colour has been changed to look lighter.

Brilliant work so far in responding to the majority feedback!

The orange buttons are still too bright giving a CBeebies look, but perhaps your staff is still evaluating this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)

can't you just switch it back to the way it was before the recent update a couple days ago?

the text size and style was totally fine back then
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RK)

It's definitely an improvement.

Anyway, out of interest, is a fix to the glitch that all custom fonts are disabled and reverted to Arial on the cards for any time soon? This sentence here is supposed to be in Garamond.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert on sentence case etc but i thought the first letter was suppose to be capitalized?

"reply to this thread", "thread tools" and "search thread" just look silly compared to
    "Reply to this thread", "Thread tools" and "Search thread" imo...

"Reply To This Thread", "Thread Tools" and "Search Thread" actually looks nice as well but getting to sentence case on the whole looks alright and being consistent is key.

ReputationRep:
    Update is fine, but the thing making me so mad is when you pos rep/neg rep someone (started in this new update/layout) it bloody refreshes the damn page! Like, i'm on page 7 or something, rep someone, then get taken back to the first page...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.