Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Just as a point of interest, I've noticed a big difference just going from male to gender-neutral (with a name most can't pronounce yet alone recognise :P ) on here.
    I know, it seems to be very strange. Can I take pride in the fact I think I know the correct pronunciation?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Shouldn't be more than 25 minutes, but allow yourself a little extra just in case!
    Ah okay, thanks

Normally 30 odd minutes, but it's very unreliable so leave much much more if it's urgent. I've literally just come home from that exact same journey from Paddington except we got stuck for 45 minutes outside Edgware Road and the train then terminated at Barbican...

If the board says "Severe Delays" at Liverpool Street, give up and get the 205 bus instead.
    Thanks a lot. As for the buses - do you buy your ticket before you get on the bus?

Just as a point of interest, I've noticed a big difference just going from male to gender-neutral (with a name most can't pronounce yet alone recognise :P ) on here.
    I have to have male on here because otherwise people assume I'm a girl 'cause of the Miranda avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    Ah okay, thanks

Thanks a lot. As for the buses - do you buy your ticket before you get on the bus?

I have to have male on here because otherwise people assume I'm a girl 'cause of the Miranda avatar
    With some of them, you have to have an oyster card, but I'm pretty sure you can pay cash on a 205 if you don't mind the driver and other customers giving you London's customary dirty looks :P I suggest you do get one anyway though - they cost £5, you then "top-up" at ticket machines before you travel and touch it onto gates if you don't know - the tube fares without them are ridiculous anyway, it pays itself back in a couple of journeys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    I know, it seems to be very strange. Can I take pride in the fact I think I know the correct pronunciation?
    Yes, you can haha There's been a couple but not many!

(Original post by Mazzini)
    LOL, so many assumptions people make... it's a real eye-opener.

ReputationRep:
    Going on holiday to Copenhagen tomorrow for a week, should still be able to get on here occasionally though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    Going on holiday to Copenhagen tomorrow for a week, should still be able to get on here occasionally though!
    Have fun!! What you getting up to?

ReputationRep:
    Ah enjoy. Denmark is a prime example of a wonderful Social Democratic country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Have fun!! What you getting up to?
    Tivoli gardens, and I'll look up more when I'm there. I'm much more laid back than my dad about these things, he's been looking it up for weeks! Going to Malmo for a day, definitely.

(Original post by StatusRed)
    Ah enjoy. Denmark is a prime example of a wonderful Social Democratic country.
    Should be good, good to just get a wee weeks holiday.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    With some of them, you have to have an oyster card, but I'm pretty sure you can pay cash on a 205 if you don't mind the driver and other customers giving you London's customary dirty looks :P I suggest you do get one anyway though - they cost £5, you then "top-up" at ticket machines before you travel and touch it onto gates if you don't know - the tube fares without them are ridiculous anyway, it pays itself back in a couple of journeys.
    Usually if I'm in London I'll get a day travelcard (last time it was roughly £7 for off-peak zones 1 & 2).

I might get an Oyster, thanks

LOL, so many assumptions people make... it's a real eye-opener.
    It's quite funny sometimes :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weiner by name, weiner by nature.
    A journalist from a British TV channel was trying to ask him some pretty straight forward questions that were not pressing or difficult, nor were they biased or unfair.
    Apart from being incredibly rude he makes irrelevant comments and then starts talking about the weather and Monty Python. This guy is a complete moron. How can he still have any supporters? Why has his wife not left him yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys from Copenhagen!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys from Copenhagen!
    Hej!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I thought StatusRed and Endless Blue were the same person. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Weiner by name, weiner by nature.
    A journalist from a British TV channel was trying to ask him some pretty straight forward questions that were not pressing or difficult, nor were they biased or unfair.
    Apart from being incredibly rude he makes irrelevant comments and then starts talking about the weather and Monty Python. This guy is a complete moron. How can he still have any supporters? Why has his wife not left him yet?

You know, Americans are more forgiving than we would be. Look at Clarence Thomas!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I thought StatusRed and Endless Blue were the same person. Lol.
    Eh? Why?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by StatusRed)
    Eh? Why?
    I remembered you told me you changed your name and remembered it involved a colour but that was pretty much it. To be fair though plenty of you melt into being essentially the same person to me
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That interview is ridiculously awkward and bizarre. It would be funny if Wiener wasn't such a cocky tit.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please provide me with a brief argument for the stance that the removal of Morsi as Egyptian President was not a coup? You don't need to agree with said argument, just give me a valid hypothetical please. Someone said it to me last night in a bar (oh the stimulating conversation of we lobbyists) but the conversation moved on. It's been bugging me for some reason and I don't know enough about the situation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Could someone please provide me with a brief argument for the stance that the removal of Morsi as Egyptian President was not a coup? You don't need to agree with said argument, just give me a valid hypothetical please. Someone said it to me last night in a bar (oh the stimulating conversation of we lobbyists) but the conversation moved on. It's been bugging me for some reason and I don't know enough about the situation.
    One argument I have heard in favour of his removal is that the Egyptian military and their allies were moving to protect the Egyptian constitution. Morsi has been accused of changing the constitution 'illegally' or with little mandate to enact changes - these changes were also perceived to be an attack on Egypt's secular society as Morsi's reforms heavily favoured liberation for Islam but reduced the rights of Copts and other minorities.

It could be argued that Morsi was removed to protect the fabric of Egypt's secular society and defend the constitution from a president determined to transform Egypt into an Islamic democracy. A removal/impeachment rather than a coup, if that makes sense. It's all resting on how long the military take to restore democracy, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    And also the fact that it was called for by millions of protesters, which supposedly gave the action legitimacy. Though surely that would just be some kind of 'popular coup' - if such a thing exists!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.