Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky dude
    What uni did u get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieh20)
    Thank you ! Turns out I'd been released from my firm choice in to clearing but managed to re-apply to my insurance. However I was wondering if I have to inform student finance of the changes or will UCAS do this automatically ?
    (Any assistance is much appreciated)

And would re-aaplying through clearing to the same Uni affect my preciously held accomodation?
    You will need to make sure Student Finance know about the change - I don't think they get told automatically as there's no link up between UCAS and Student Finance AFAIK.

On the accommodation issue, you'd need to ask the uni as policies vary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily115)
    I just phoned ucas and spoke to an adviser and was told repeatedly that they had about a week to let us know & she refreshed my page on her computer and Reading had literally updated while I was talking to her. They confirmed at 15:18!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ontherazzle)
    Oh, well done! What a relief, I'm so pleased for you. Can't get hold of my daughter and haven't access to her UCAS track so don't know if her track has been updated too - did you get an update email from UCAS?
    Just updated guys! Got an email from Reading saying I'm in, and ucas has updated too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    Just updated guys! Got an email from Reading saying I'm in, and ucas has updated too!
    At last! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Finally! You must be one very happy and relieved bunny just now
    Very relieved! Thanks for your help
    Yay, congrats! I haven't actually had an email off Reading yet, but it's unconditional on ucas
    Oh, well done! What a relief, I'm so pleased for you. Can't get hold of my daughter and haven't access to her UCAS track so don't know if her track has been updated too - did you get an update email from UCAS?
    I haven't had anything emailed, it was just that my track had updated. I hope your daughter hears soon, if she hasn't already!

ReputationRep:
    At last! Congratulations
    Thank you! And thanks for the wealth of advice you provided! It was comforting to have a helping hand in stressful situations like this! Ha

ReputationRep:
    No update on my track either even though I submitted my results passing the entry requirements 11 days ago. Been told not to worry because of the busy period. Understandable.

That said though, when would be the correct time to worry (put a shift in to hassle uni's/UCAS)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpplz1)
    No update on my track either even though I submitted my results passing the entry requirements 11 days ago. Been told not to worry because of the busy period. Understandable.

That said though, when would be the correct time to worry (put a shift in to hassle uni's/UCAS)?
    Have you spoken to them since? If you haven't been in touch since the weekend, I would ring them again tomorrow morning. Just to check that nothing's gone astray.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And thanks for the wealth of advice you provided! It was comforting to have a helping hand in stressful situations like this! Ha
    Glad it was helpful

ReputationRep:
    Don't have any offers yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily115)
    I hope your daughter hears soon, if she hasn't already!
    No updates for her today We keep hoping!

ReputationRep:
    Good news for you finally, hope my daughter will be lucky tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    So do I

ReputationRep:
    I hope your daughter hears soon. She just missed the grades didn't she? Maybe that's why she didn't get an offer today and they're still considering her application.

On another note, my email also said I still need to supply a completed DBS form! Which I have done! Arghghghg confusion.

ReputationRep:
    I hope your daughter hears soon. She just missed the grades didn't she? Maybe that's why she didn't get an offer today and they're still considering her application.

On another note, my email also said I still need to supply a completed DBS form! Which I have done! Arghghghg confusion.
    Yes, that's right she is one grade off, which is why she is especially anxious. Though another girl on the course has apparently been accepted with lower grades than her - and she heard last Friday! :confused:

Oh no, not the dreaded DBS form rearing its ugly head again! My daughter had all that too, though at least she has concrete evidence in the form of an email saying they've received it. But that didn't stop them using it as the excuse again today when her school rang them to try to find out what was happening....

ReputationRep:
    You will need to make sure Student Finance know about the change - I don't think they get told automatically as there's no link up between UCAS and Student Finance AFAIK.

On the accommodation issue, you'd need to ask the uni as policies vary.
    Yeah sure. Thank you once again

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as a Clearing passport any more. If you are waiting for your firm to make a decision, then you can ask UCAS to move things along for you. That's all you can do at the moment - but do explain to UCAS the position you are in. As I understood it Durham had made all their decisions now, so it's very poor if they haven't got through to Track yet.
    Thank you for your advice. It's really helpful. I just got released this morning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.