Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefsaran)
    Hi guys
    I talked to the admissions office again and they told me that the decision has been made for my application on the 26th of March (yesterday) but that they are still processing the decisions made by the 19th and that I will be informed by next Wednesday. Now I have been waiting form more than 12 weeks so I want to say hang in there. Probably they have reached most of the decisions for you guys but still haven't processed them.

ps. I have applied for MSc Economics and MSc Finance and Economics (2nd choice)

Hope this helps
    Hey! Yayy for you. Just monday i saw a status update for my second choice saying my appl is held pending further documentation. My first choice still says under consideration. Did you also see a similar status update for your second choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)
    Hey! Yayy for you. Just monday i saw a status update for my second choice saying my appl is held pending further documentation. My first choice still says under consideration. Did you also see a similar status update for your second choice?
    That is normal. Your first choice is still under consideration and the 2nd will be considered when the decision about first has been made. I have still the same statuses. They will change only when they process the decision :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is normal. Your first choice is still under consideration and the 2nd will be considered when the decision about first has been made. I have still the same statuses. They will change only when they process the decision :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when did your second choice status change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)
    It never did actually :-) that is normal for the 2nd choice. For me it was like that since my application was sent to the department for consideration for 1st choice. So since 9th January :-) That is the default status for 2nd choice if your first is still under consideration :-) I was told this form the graduate admissions office when I heard from people that they have had a change in status of 2nd choice which is as they say (office) wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)

My second choice status changed last monday as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha23)
    My second choice status changed last monday as well
    (Original post by rtyu)
    What was your first status for the 2nd choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What was your first status for the 2nd choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    both said under consideration by the dept. On Monday the second one said "held pending further documentation...." ive gone through enough threads to know this that many people who got this status change heard from them soon.. between 1-10 days.. Nonetheless should i call them or wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)
    both said under consideration by the dept. On Monday the second one said "held pending further documentation...." ive gone through enough threads to know this that many people who got this status change heard from them soon.. between 1-10 days.. Nonetheless should i call them or wait?
    It said the same for me but between when I actually submitted the application and the period when they processed all the documents and sent it to the department for consideration and since has been the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)
    Hopefully soon. I'd wait!

ReputationRep:
    It said the same for me but between when I actually submitted the application and the period when they processed all the documents and sent it to the department for consideration and since has been the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh well. LSE and its ways. You can be rest assured though! u should hear from them by wed . I'm just hoping the same happens for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha23)
    Hopefully soon. I'd wait!
    More waiting. Excellent :rolleyes: Hope we all get offers!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just got an conditional offer for MSc Economics ;D I am so happy right now Just want to say hang in there and I hope that you all get accepted to LSE
    I will still be watching this thread if someone need some information.

Best of luck

ps. I have been waiting for 13 weeks now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just got an conditional offer for MSc Economics ;D I am so happy right now Just want to say hang in there and I hope that you all get accepted to LSE

Best of luck

Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtyu)
    Congrats!!!
    Thank you :-) I have a question. Since I am not from UK i don't fully understand what the next sentence means. I have to apply for a visa and they say the following : * You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa up to three months before your programme starts. Now does that mean that I should apply before or after that date (3 months before the msc starts)? I just got confused about it :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :-) I have a question. Since I am not from UK i don't fully understand what the next sentence means. I have to apply for a visa and they say the following : * You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa up to three months before your programme starts. Now does that mean that I should apply before or after that date (3 months before the msc starts)? I just got confused about it :-)
    I too am an international applicant. Cant be too sure. But from what i understand, i think it meansu should apply before 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    That means you can apply for the visa three month before October.

ReputationRep:

Best of luck

Congrats. may i ask you what was your overall GPAs like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhalilParis)
    Congrats. may i ask you what was your overall GPAs like?
    Thanx :-) GPA 9.6/10 ; GRE quant 160; extraculiculars and a month long summer internship at the Ministry in Serbia :-)
    Math 1 - grade 8 (B)
    Math 2 - 9 ( A-)
    Statistics - 10 (A)
    Econometrics - 10 (A)
    Economics courses ( Micro , Macro, international, labour, public....) 9 or 10.
    Hooe this helps :-)
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha23)
    That means you can apply for the visa three month before October.
    Thank you. So in the beginning of July. But I have an introductory course in math in early September. Does this changes something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Best of luck

hey good job! We might end up seeing each other there when the time comes!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.