Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am just wondering what yous are all doing regards accommodation at Queens for nursing? I live in Co Fermanagh so i am not sure what to do at all, considering Guthrie House on a short term basis or else Elms? what is are the rest of yous thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan18)
    Okay guys need answers to this question! And although I doubt it I'll ask it anyway, got a conditional offer from magee for mental health nursing, requiring 280 UCAS points including grades BB. However, I feel the most I will achieve in history now is a C, and to be frank I doubt I'll achieve a B in business studies either, probably a C! The A in applied ICT which I'm expecting is irrevant now.. So yeah do any of you think there's a chance of getting accepted if I achieve grades ACC? although it would fail to meet the conditions of the offer.. It would still meet the UCAS point total and I excelled one of the B grades that was required.. Really panicking and need answers and help to be honest.. I even emailed them and they said the offer must include at least BB but is there any way they would accept me otherwise do u reckon? I'd get 120 from the A, and 160 from the 2 CS, and even have another 30 from key skills 3 you get from doing applied ICT so I have total 310 if I achieve ACC,would this be enough? Thanks
    If you contacted QUB and they explicitly said they require you to have 2 B's at least, I'd imagine that's the answer. During my application for my first degree the focus really wasn't on UCAS points but instead on the grades that were required. The entry requirements aren't listed in UCAS points on the Queen's website but instead they state you require a BBC if you have a non-science subject. They may take the A into account but to be honest I would focus on getting your grades up on the other two subjects because I'd imagine it wouldn't technically meet the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys need answers to this question! And although I doubt it I'll ask it anyway, got a conditional offer from magee for mental health nursing, requiring 280 UCAS points including grades BB. However, I feel the most I will achieve in history now is a C, and to be frank I doubt I'll achieve a B in business studies either, probably a C! The A in applied ICT which I'm expecting is irrevant now.. So yeah do any of you think there's a chance of getting accepted if I achieve grades ACC? although it would fail to meet the conditions of the offer.. It would still meet the UCAS point total and I excelled one of the B grades that was required.. Really panicking and need answers and help to be honest.. I even emailed them and they said the offer must include at least BB but is there any way they would accept me otherwise do u reckon? I'd get 120 from the A, and 160 from the 2 CS, and even have another 30 from key skills 3 you get from doing applied ICT so I have total 310 if I achieve ACC,would this be enough? Thanks
    In the end it comes down to the grades last year by cousin got ACC and they would not accept it, they are very strict on this.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody royal mail has lost my access ni I posted to queens !!!!

Can somebody just confirm with me the return address to queens plz?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by builderboy)

Thanks
    This should be in the email they sent n how to fill in and pay for the access n.i.
    I received mine back last week but not heard anything for occy health. But according to the qub nursing facebook page info should be sent out in the next week or so.
    Il p.m you with details of address.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by builderboy)

Thanks
    they lost mine too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get their results today for access?

ReputationRep:
    Has any1 heard back about going for their medical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you have emailed them and that's what they have stated then i doubt they are going to shift on their offer. Especially as there will be a waiting list and nursing is so competitive these days.
    All you can do is try your best and wait and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milliemoo1)
    Has any1 heard back about going for their medical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea I have to go next wed for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weehen)
    yea I have to go next wed for mine
    Oh glad to hear sum1 else has theirs!i have mine mon and thought sum thing wz wrong and I wz being brought in early!lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also got an appointment for one mid-july.
    What exactly does it entail by the way? I assumed it was just like a check up to take bloods to make sure vaccinations were up to date and that you had no back/skin problems. I asked a few friends what it might entail, although they never have had an occupational check done before, and they said it may involved saliva, urine and stool samples as well as drug testing?? Would it really be that comprehensive and thorough, it seems like a lot to do, in terms of time and money, for such a large number of people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tedbunny)
    I also got an appointment for one mid-july.
    What exactly does it entail by the way? I assumed it was just like a check up to take bloods to make sure vaccinations were up to date and that you had no back/skin problems. I asked a few friends what it might entail, although they never have had an occupational check done before, and they said it may involved saliva, urine and stool samples as well as drug testing?? Would it really be that comprehensive and thorough, it seems like a lot to do, in terms of time and money, for such a large number of people!
    Id this for qub?
    And why ask people who have never had one? Sounds a little like scare mongering!
    I had one for work in the trust. Its just a simple sit down with the occupational health nurse. Look over your vaccination history, check your skin (hands) go over any problems you may have, back, mental etc and then perhaps start you with your hep b course. Bloods may be taken to determine if you have immunity for various vaccinations you should have had. Its just a way to make sure you're fit and healthy and that if you need any extra help with things that they can try to accommodate you.
    Nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    Id this for qub?
    And why ask people who have never had one? Sounds a little like scare mongering!
    I had one for work in the trust. Its just a simple sit down with the occupational health nurse. Look over your vaccination history, check your skin (hands) go over any problems you may have, back, mental etc and then perhaps start you with your hep b course. Bloods may be taken to determine if you have immunity for various vaccinations you should have had. Its just a way to make sure you're fit and healthy and that if you need any extra help with things that they can try to accommodate you.
    Nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, for QUB. I think they were basing this on insurance medicals in the US, as I know their parents live there. I assumed the focus was on skin problems and vaccinations, but they totally threw me. Thanks so much for this, it's calmed me down a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for QUB. I think they were basing this on insurance medicals in the US, as I know their parents live there. I assumed the focus was on skin problems and vaccinations, but they totally threw me. Thanks so much for this, it's calmed me down a lot!
    Yes an insurance medical would be a lot more detailed! But an occy health check is nothing to worry about. Generally its more about immunity as you're in contact with people who will have a lowered immune system etc. And you dont want to be picking anything up yourself (mainly in case people then want to sue I reckon).
    the only thing is hep b. They ask you sit around for 10 mins after you have it in case you have a reaction etc, but other than that its no problem. They'll start doing appointments for people that will need hep b as its a long course even if you do the quickened one as you need to have the course completed before you go on placement if possible. (Correct me if im wrong anyone!)
    So dont worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had to go to OH, don't worry too much. The urine, stool test etc is def not on the agenda at a regular OH appointment. It's usually if you have listed any sort of medical condition on your application, to make sure you are fit and well for the course and also to put a reasonable adjustment plan in place for you if need be. Eg: if you are diabetic/epileptic, working nights may be an issue in terms of medications. I think you see a doctor, I know I did - he will take your medical history in a bit more detail for future reference if need be. Make sure you are honest with them incase it comes back to haunt you. *touch wood* It's all for your own benefit and they are just looking out for you.

From what I remember, you won't get your hep b vaccination that day. It's more of a discussion with the doctor, the nurses sort the injections etc out at a later date. Generally, everyone has three sets of hep b vaccines through the course of the academic year, and a blood test toward the end.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone had their check yet and could tell me where we go for it? I've misplaced my letter, I'm pretty sure I know the date/time but can't remember the address. I've emailed the occupational health department twice but they haven't got back to me, so will have to phone on wednesday if I haven't heard anything by then.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone had their check yet and could tell me where we go for it? I've misplaced my letter, I'm pretty sure I know the date/time but can't remember the address. I've emailed the occupational health department twice but they haven't got back to me, so will have to phone on wednesday if I haven't heard anything by then.
    Hi I had mine the other week there. The address is first floor, 5 lennoxvale Malone road, BT9 5BY.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was quite hard to find. But it's on the right hand side when you come down the Malone road towards queens uni. You come round the bend and two mins after you will see two large cream pillars which have lennoxvale on them. Then half way down the road is a house which is sign posted queens on it on the right hand side number 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ywh12)
    It was quite hard to find. But it's on the right hand side when you come down the Malone road towards queens uni. You come round the bend and two mins after you will see two large cream pillars which have lennoxvale on them. Then half way down the road is a house which is sign posted queens on it on the right hand side number 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So it's number 5 on lennoxvale then?
    I'm going to have to call on Wednesday just to make sure I've got all my info right. Is the health check just standard questions/blood test then?

edit: Nevermind, did a bit of googling/google map-ing and found it. Thank you so, so, so much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2014

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.