tsimms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cone)
What example are people using for a monopoly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sky has more than 40% market share in TV (dominant), and is the only provider of satellite TV (due to horizontal integration with BSB).
dowen123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by faithiskey)
I used it in my mock with the june 2013 paper and got 88% so i might just stick to what i know if a question like that comes up again :yes:
hey, are cinema's both oligopoly - Cineworld, Vue, Odeon etc and monopolistic competition (or is it perfect competition?) for small 'art' houses cinemas (1/2)?
kosky101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi could anyone please tell me what diagram you draw for increased labour market flexibility? Thanks!
ThePrawn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are monopsony's and trade unions examples of labour market failures?

Also cinema I would use for an oligopoly question as it shares the most characteristics with that.
dowen123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ThePrawn)
Are monopsony's and trade unions examples of labour market failures?

Also cinema I would use for an oligopoly question as it shares the most characteristics with that.
but if you have to evaluate oligopoly, giving reasons why it may not be an oligopoly, what other market would it fit into?
Shepherd_9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kosky101)
Hi could anyone please tell me what diagram you draw for increased labour market flexibility? Thanks!
Just a supply and demand with the supply becoming more elastic
Shepherd_9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dowen123)
but if you have to evaluate oligopoly, giving reasons why it may not be an oligopoly, what other market would it fit into?
Could be monopolistically competitive because there are lots of cinema firms or could be a monopoly because Odeon has 25% of market share
dowen123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shepherd_9)
Could be monopolistically competitive because there are lots of cinema firms or could be a monopoly because Odeon has 25% of market share
thanks , could you tell me the different market shares for the highly concentrated cinema's like Cineworld, Vue.. if you can please?
KateEmma23
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is the definition of labour market failure?
tsimms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KateEmma23)
Labour Market Failure occurs when supply and demand don’t result in an efficient allocation of labour resources. This can be seen in instances where there is a either a surplus or a shortage of labour, as well as cases where workers are in the wrong jobs, workers are poorly/aren’t trained, and where wage rates are low.
Shepherd_9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dowen123)
thanks , could you tell me the different market shares for the highly concentrated cinema's like Cineworld, Vue.. if you can please?
I'm not sure on all of them but i know that Vue, Odeon and Cineworld make up 62% which is the figure you'd use to talk about oligopolies
letsplayray
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KateEmma23)
Labour market failure occurs when the market forces of demand for and supply of labour fail to efficiently allocate labour resources efficiently. Types of labour market failure are; Workers being in jobs they are not best suited for, surpluses and shortages of forms of labour, wage rates above or below equilibrium and lack of training.
vonny101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone have a clash today thus doing the exam in the morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MTennison
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vonny101)
Anyone have a clash today thus doing the exam in the morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they are, they won't be able to respond to you now, they'll be under supervision and not have any access to the internet.
vonny101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MTennison)
If they are, they won't be able to respond to you now, they'll be under supervision and not have any access to the internet.
Okay Didn't know
KateEmma23
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by letsplayray)
Labour market failure occurs when the market forces of demand for and supply of labour fail to efficiently allocate labour resources efficiently. Types of labour market failure are; Workers being in jobs they are not best suited for, surpluses and shortages of forms of labour, wage rates above or below equilibrium and lack of training.
Thanks
KateEmma23
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsimms)
Labour Market Failure occurs when supply and demand don’t result in an efficient allocation of labour resources. This can be seen in instances where there is a either a surplus or a shortage of labour, as well as cases where workers are in the wrong jobs, workers are poorly/aren’t trained, and where wage rates are low.
Thanks
username1448492
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Quick question, examples of monopolistic competition?
Mrgp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do tv broadcasters such as itv, bbc and channel 4 earn supernormal profit in the long run?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed