Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSavedLatin)
    I have a few days to reply to my offer (Mayflower) but, I don't yet have my student bank account so it won't be coming from my own BUT my loan is due to come into my current bank account.

Would anyone advise?
    I would obviously be able to change the payment details after accepting the offer?

I'll give them a call, just wanted some opinions
    You should be able to change your current account to a student account, keeping the same sort code and account number - that's what I did with mine. I guess it's probably different to each bank so I'd say go into a branch and see what they have to offer in terms of student accounts, perks, overdrafts, etc. Hope this helps a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishmaashikap)
    You should be able to change your current account to a student account, keeping the same sort code and account number - that's what I did with mine. I guess it's probably different to each bank so I'd say go into a branch and see what they have to offer in terms of student accounts, perks, overdrafts, etc. Hope this helps a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How long did it take for your account to change? I upgraded mine yesterday and nothing has happened yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seize)
    How long did it take for your account to change? I upgraded mine yesterday and nothing has happened yet
    I did mine yesterday too and nothing's changed yet...I'm assuming it changes when the new card comes? At least that's what I'm hoping! which bank did you get the account with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did mine yesterday too and nothing's changed yet...I'm assuming it changes when the new card comes? At least that's what I'm hoping! which bank did you get the account with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just upgraded my NatWest current account to the student account, so I don't think I'm gonna get a new card delivered since my details should remain the same.

I forgot what was written when I completed the form, so now I don't even know what I should be waiting for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seize)
    I just upgraded my NatWest current account to the student account, so I don't think I'm gonna get a new card delivered since my details should remain the same.

I forgot what was written when I completed the form, so now I don't even know what I should be waiting for
    My details are staying the same too -- changed from a current account to student account at Santander -- but they're giving me a new debit card. Give them a call and find out what you should be waiting for..it might be an email or letter or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelneill)
    how many people have heard back from halls? mine still only says submitted and im worried that because i live so close they are leaving mine till last because its not technically a priority? even though im just outside the boundary so should get garunteed halls? also im studying zoology
    I'm studying Zoology too!! and yeah I've confirmed my place in Wessex Lane, did you put Southampton as your firm choice? It says online that they're still accepting accommodation applications on there website, but you can try their accommodation hotline, not sure if it will help but you can try it +44 (0)23 8059 5959

ReputationRep:
    My details are staying the same too -- changed from a current account to student account at Santander -- but they're giving me a new debit card. Give them a call and find out what you should be waiting for..it might be an email or letter or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seize)
    Yeah I think I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow. Thank you
    Anytime x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aj018)
    yeah got my top choice - wessex! have you got yours?
    wow, i got mayflower yesterday, but i'm changing to romero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezzajezza96)
    I just accepted Acc at Archers Road - anyone else going to be here?
    Once it changes to processed it only took a few hours for my offer to come through and most offers are being sent out to I think most will have offers soon
    i'll probably be at Romero as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    i'll probably be at Romero as well
    Oh OK nice I'm at gately?
    What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezzajezza96)
    Oh OK nice I'm at gately?
    What are you studying?
    i asked to change from mayflowers which is what they gave me first so i'm hoping it will come through. geology, you?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get what you want then I'm Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ataubman)
    Oh you're the first person i've met on the same course! I applied for mayflower but was offered glen eyre. Where are you from?
    Now I'm the second person you've met on the same course of politics and economics. sort of scared though... still haven't heard back about accommodation! it's been nearly a week since results! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DestrehanDoyle)
    Now I'm the second person you've met on the same course of politics and economics. sort of scared though... still haven't heard back about accommodation! it's been nearly a week since results! :mad:
    Oh yay! don't worry, i'm sure you'll here back soon! add me on facebook: ametis amy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ataubman)
    Oh yay! don't worry, i'm sure you'll here back soon! add me on facebook: ametis amy
    alrighty, exciting.

ReputationRep:
    last year there were only 13 on our course

ReputationRep:
    English and Philosophy
    Mayflower

Meow

ReputationRep:
    i asked to change from mayflowers which is what they gave me first so i'm hoping it will come through. geology, you?
    Hi, I've been offered a place at Mayflower halls but now I've had some time to think about it I think I would prefer to live somewhere cheaper... Mayflower is quite expensive! Just wondering how you managed to get your offer changed; did you just call up and ask?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get what you want then I'm Psychology

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.