Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Economics: Unit 3 Business Economics and Economic Efficiency (June 2014) EC03 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightw0lf07)
    What did you guys get for the MCQ about an oligopoly?

Was it (A) something about firms being interdependent?

And for the PFI one was it (A) aswell: no immediate change in government borrowing?
    noooo that first one was to catch you out, it said something about them being INdependent i believe
    I put A for the second one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter qwert)
    4 was external economies of scale and 7 was mr equals zero.Also 8 was that private comapnies have experience.
    (Original post by TRR)
    Thats not right i dont think mate
    (Original post by Starbarian)
    Sorry but you are fully wrong...
    Yeah that Perter guy is definitely wrong! I think the original guy is right.

ReputationRep:
    you got 4 , 5 and 7 wrong.
    He got them perfectly right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveJHH)
    He got them perfectly right
    yeah he was correct, thank goodness for that.

ReputationRep:
    Also for the data response for question 10 - for part c and d was it ok if you spoke about other retail shops and not just Jessops? Like other high street stores?

ReputationRep:
    I got bebdecba. Does anyone else know what the right answers are ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the multiple choice questions please/

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do question Q10? If so for the last question did you guys refer to price discrimination in anyway and what was the answer to question 4 in the multi-choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopyelephant)
    I got bebdecba. Does anyone else know what the right answers are ?
    do you remember all the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rathani278)
    I wrote that it could merge with another manufacturer outside US so that it can lower its average cost and remain in the market. .. is it ok??
    Yeah I said that it was rational for them to leave the US market. They would move to Ireland and merge with Topaz. Therefore their market share increases and output so reaching their MES would be quicker so they could exploit economies of scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07mav)
    Did anyone do question Q10? If so for the last question did you guys refer to price discrimination in anyway and what was the answer to question 4 in the multi-choice
    I spoke about economies of scale, limit and predatory pricing and efficiency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelski2k8)
    so nothing about price discrimination, just making sure cause I remember another type of question where it was trick question.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke about merging and benefitting from economies of scale, collusion and drew a matrix thing and improving service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07mav)
    so nothing about price discrimination, just making sure cause I remember another type of question where it was trick question.
    It said don't talk about price discrimination in the question.

ReputationRep:
    you got 4 , 5 and 7 wrong.
    No he didn't lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanalhassan)
    Yeah I said that it was rational for them to leave the US market. They would move to Ireland and merge with Topaz. Therefore their market share increases and output so reaching their MES would be quicker so they could exploit economies of scale.
    So what were ur other evaluation points???

ReputationRep:
    It said don't talk about price discrimination in the question.
    For evaluation do you talk about ways in the the online market may react? so predatory pricing and advertising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John_Boi)
    I spoke about merging and benefitting from economies of scale, collusion and drew a matrix thing and improving service.
    Do you remember the exact wording of the question?

ReputationRep:
    These are the past grade boundaries for an A:

June 2013 - 56
    Jan 2013 - 56
    June 2012 - 55
    Jan 2012 - 54
    June 2011 - 56
    Jan 2011 - 53
    June 2010 - 55
    Jan 2010 - 53

Average - 54.75

So what do we think an A will be? Not higher than 56 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07mav)
    For evaluation do you talk about ways in the the online market may react? so predatory pricing and advertising
    I think I misread the question. I evaluated by saying Diseconomies of scale, legality of predatory pricing, how you sacrifice profits in limit pricing. For part C I put internet as inelastic and high street shops as elastic. Is that right?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.