Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Yikes good luck!

I got my Alevel results last year and the waiting was so nervewrecking o say the least. Alhamdulillah I did better than i was predicted though. I hope you get the grades you hope for inshaAllah!
    thanks inshAllah im hoping so...

very well done on surpassing your predicted grades that's fantastic!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wait, when have we gotten into the topic of marriage?

First, he says women should stay at home beause the Qur'an apparently says so and now its all about whether or not the husband lets her?
    I felt it was the natural next step to the convo, you guys did mention going out to work/staying at home. Hey, it's all food for thought.

I feel that there is no denying it when it comes to going out to work, your husband has to be OK with it. If he's not and you refuse to acquiesce, well, I guess you're not being as obedient as you should be.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok then i don't see why you're ranting.
    wait, what? how is that a rant? im agreeing with you while also pointing out how contradictory it is to the faith. to not do so is is kind of disingenuous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tNod)
    I felt it was the natural next step to the convo, you guys did mention going out to work/staying at home. Hey, it's all food for thought.

I feel that there is no denying it when it comes to going out to work, your husband has to be OK with it. If he's not and you refuse to acquiesce, well, I guess you're not being as obedient as you should be.

Well why would a gi marry someone without asking if he will allow her to work?

But then again, the majority of men don't mind their wife working so I wouldn't blame any woman (well in the UK atleast) for not asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugoalmeida)
    thanks inshAllah im hoping so...

very well done on surpassing your predicted grades that's fantastic!!!
    Haha thanks. My teachers were quite surprised too xD (i was predicted ABC but after retaking some AS modules and working hard in A2, i managed to get A*AB). My teachers seriously undermined what I'm capable of but then again my AS grades were crap so i don't blame them :rofl:

What you planning to study akhi/ukht?

ReputationRep:
    Well why would a gi marry someone without asking if he will allow her to work?

But then again, the majority of men don't mind their wife working so I wouldn't blame any woman (well in the UK atleast) for not asking
    Why is anyone else's approval needed? That's my issue with it all. It doesn't matter that he'd almost certainly be alright with it, that's besides the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tNod)
    Why is anyone else's approval needed? That's my issue with it all. It doesn't matter that he'd almost certainly be alright with it, that's besides the point.
    um ok :K:

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks. My teachers were quite surprised too xD (i was predicted ABC but after retaking some AS modules and working hard in A2, i managed to get A*AB). My teachers seriously undermined what I'm capable of but then again my AS grades were crap so i don't blame them :rofl:

What you planning to study akhi/ukht?
    oh whaat doesnt it say im a male on my profile???:confused:

civil engineering inshallah... but the thing is i don't want to go to my insurance so i have no idea what ill do if i don't meet firm grades.

Ive been on this thread before with other usernames and i think i can recall that your doing something at royal holloway...

i choose this username so that my friends couldn't track me down

ReputationRep:
    oh whaat doesnt it say im a male on my profile???:confused:

civil engineering inshallah... but the thing is i don't want to go to my insurance so i have no idea what ill do if i don't meet firm grades.

Ive been on this thread before with other usernames and i think i can recall that your doing something at royal holloway...

i choose this username so that my friends couldn't track me down
    Ah fair enough lol. Nope, i'm on a gap year and going uni in sept too God willing.

I applied at RH but it was only because I had one space left in my options and its decent for psychology (but i didn't really wanna go there). I'm going queen mary to study psychology (and arabic on the side) inshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough lol. Nope, i'm on a gap year and going uni in sept too God willing.

I applied at RH but it was only because I had one space left in my options and its decent for psychology (but i didn't really wanna go there). I'm going queen mary to study psychology (and arabic on the side) inshaAllah
    thats cool... i have a cousin doing phycology-im not sure what uni though...

its good your doing arabic aswell helps so much

ReputationRep:
    thats cool... i have a cousin doing phycology-im not sure what uni though...

its good your doing arabic aswell helps so much
    Af carabi maku hadli kartaa?

ReputationRep:
    Af carabi maku hadli kartaa?
    Nooooo looool i wish... i need to learn... i was just saying it will help u do much

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo looool i wish... i need to learn... i was just saying it will help u do much
    Haa haye walalo

ReputationRep:
    Haa haye walalo

ReputationRep:
    Maxaa u qosleeysa walaal?

ReputationRep:
    Maxaa u qosleeysa walaal?
    waa kaa cabsaday af somali aad isku badashay

ReputationRep:
    waa kaa cabsaday af somali aad isku badashay
    afka cadaanka inaa caawo dhan ku hadlo maa rabte? Caadi iska dhig walalkiis. Gabar somaliyeed oo wanaagsan baa ahay. Afka hoyadheey baa jeclahay :hand:

Ma suxuurate?

ReputationRep:
    afka cadaanka inaa caawo dhan ku hadlo maa rabte? Caadi iska dhig walalkiis. Gabar somaliyeed oo wanaagsan baa ahay. Afka hoyadheey baa jeclahay :hand:

Ma suxuurate?
    waa fahmay... waa saxsantahay!!! hadii kale hadhow in afka mar labaad labarto ayii noqonee.

maya wili ma suxuuranin sacada suxuurta inte ka fiirisa?

ReputationRep:
    waa fahmay... waa saxsantahay!!! hadii kale hadhow in afka mar labaad labarto ayii noqonee.

maya wili ma suxuuranin sacada suxuurta inte ka fiirisa?
    Waa runtaa. Ilmaha wadankaan afkeena weey iloobeen. Fish iyo chibis waaye. Dhaqan celis bee ubaahanyihiin :whip:

Islam channel. Adhiga nah?

ReputationRep:

Ma suxuurate?
    jiif iyo soon wanaagsan yaa... ani sariirtaay aan u hoyaday:sleep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.