The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by shedders15
Hi all, anybody had an offer for Business and management yet?

So far I've only had offers from sheffield Hallam and Lancaster University, still waiting to hear from york, durham and Nottingham.
Patience was never my strong point haha

also wondering if there are any keen american footballers on here? definitely something I'm eager to keep up with if I'm accepted!

Yes I've got my offer, received it about a week ago now. When did you apply?
University of York
York
Original post by Thu_94
Yes I've got my offer, received it about a week ago now. When did you apply?

Congrats on your offer! And December 6th I sent mine off. I got acknowledgement of application a few days later

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep getting worried that York sent me an interview invite through the mail and it got lost somewhere in the post.

Patience is not my thing...
Reply 423
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I keep getting worried that York sent me an interview invite through the mail and it got lost somewhere in the post.

Patience is not my thing...

And tomorrow the UCAS deadline too...York is definitely one of the slowest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Contact them?
Original post by aibekhsi
Contact them?

yes but I don't want to give them the wrong impression if they haven't sent me anything.
There's no wrong impression you can give, just email or phone them (preferably phone) to enquire about the status of your application. Also, you must convey your wishes and intention to go to York. Try and call the head of the dept instead of admissions team, or both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suuzel16
I just got an offer for MChem with a year in industry and I'm so excited! York was the first to reply, so I can relax a bit now!

Congrats:clap2:Will you firm it?Got an offer for the course ,but I am not decided yet
Original post by trubadur
Congrats:clap2:Will you firm it?Got an offer for the course ,but I am not decided yet

Congratulatons to you too! I am not sure yet, but I think it will be either my firm or my insurance. I am just waiting to see if I'll get an offer from Edinburgh. I also want to come visit york, before I make my decision (I live in the Netherlands so it's a bit difficult to visit, but I am hoping I can come...) Where else have you applied?
Congratulatons to you too! I am not sure yet, but I think it will be either my firm or my insurance. I am just waiting to see if I'll get an offer from Edinburgh. I also want to come visit york, before I make my decision (I live in the Netherlands so it's a bit difficult to visit, but I am hoping I can come...) Where else have you applied?

I applied to StA,Edi,Durham,York and Nott for MChem with external placement(industry),got offers from York and Nott and still waiting for the others.I am from Bucharest Romania and visited StAndrews(4 weeks science summer school),Edi(not organised, during may stay at StA) and Nott(open day)and all of them impressed me.I do not think I will have the possibility to visit York and Durham, but I have very good feelings about.
How about you? Where else did you apply?
Maybe we'll meet at the freshers:smile:Good luck.
Original post by trubadur
I applied to StA,Edi,Durham,York and Nott for MChem with external placement(industry),got offers from York and Nott and still waiting for the others.I am from Bucharest Romania and visited StAndrews(4 weeks science summer school),Edi(not organised, during may stay at StA) and Nott(open day)and all of them impressed me.I do not think I will have the possibility to visit York and Durham, but I have very good feelings about.
How about you? Where else did you apply?
Maybe we'll meet at the freshers:smile:Good luck.

I applied to York, Bristol, Bath, Edinburgh and Warwick for MChem with industrial placement. So far I have gotten offers from York and Bristol! I have a really good feeling about York, the city and university seem really nice from pictures and I really like the fact that York is quite a small city (that's something I really wanted as I live in Amsterdam now) I also really like Edinburgh though, so I just have to wait for their decision. I think I'll be able to visit York and Edinburgh at the end of february when I have a holiday, so I hope that I have heard back from Edinburgh by then. Which one of the universities you applied to do you like most? I hope you get an offer from all of them!:smile:
I applied to York, Bristol, Bath, Edinburgh and Warwick for MChem with industrial placement. So far I have gotten offers from York and Bristol! I have a really good feeling about York, the city and university seem really nice from pictures and I really like the fact that York is quite a small city (that's something I really wanted as I live in Amsterdam now) I also really like Edinburgh though, so I just have to wait for their decision. I think I'll be able to visit York and Edinburgh at the end of february when I have a holiday, so I hope that I have heard back from Edinburgh by then. Which one of the universities you applied to do you like most? I hope you get an offer from all of them!:smile:

Despite the fact that we have only 2 choices in common(York and Edi) it seems we have chosen only high ranked unis.Any of them would be good for us:wink:,but tbh I dream of StA.
Wish you a nice and fruitful visit to the north and may all your dreams come true.Keep in touch:smile:
I got my offer the next working day, I applied friday evening a couple of weeks ago and heard back monday afternoon. Might have something to do with the fact that I had already spoken to the admissions tutor though, as I'm currently already in my first year of uni but want to change institutions. This was for archaeology btw :smile:
Applied for Linguistics with Spanish back in early December. Wasn't nervous until my friends got offers and they applied after me. Maybe it's because we applied for different courses, but still!
The longer I wait, the more nervous I get about York. It feels as if they've already rejected me and I get less and less confident about my AS grades and PS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 435
Have any biochemistry applicants heard anything about their applications yet? I'm getting really paranoid just thinking about it! :s-smilie:
Original post by Rando
Have any biochemistry applicants heard anything about their applications yet? I'm getting really paranoid just thinking about it! :s-smilie:

I'm a biology applicant and I heard back in a few weeks. When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 437
Original post by wallyolly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied back in early November.
Original post by Rando
I applied back in early November.

Okay. Don't worry about it! I heard that they send out the offers in a certain order like IB applicants, differed admissions etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wallyolly

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply for biology? I applied 6 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending