Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttoned.up)
    Congrats everyone with offers! TSR seems to be having a bumper year this year! Are people going to be firming Notts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This thread did not seem that way on Fri and Sat!

Not certain, will go look around on 2nd. Certainly a strong choice.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to decide, love Swansea but also love Notts. I ended up going to my Warwick interview and have an offer from there too as the boyfriend is waiting to hear about a job in Birmingham. Have managed to rule out St George's but need a road trip to revisit the three I think.

Very odd position to be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou87)
    I got an offer! By post. Nothing on track yet...

my track hasn't updated does this mean it's not real?
    "But how can track be real if our eyes aren't real?" - Jaden Smith.

But of course it does!

I'm TOO SCARED TO CHECK TRACK

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I got an offer!!!! YES!!! I just cried in the uni library. It came through on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Trying to decide, love Swansea but also love Notts. I ended up going to my Warwick interview and have an offer from there too as the boyfriend is waiting to hear about a job in Birmingham. Have managed to rule out St George's but need a road trip to revisit the three I think.

Very odd position to be in.
    I'm in the same boat - Exeter had an open day but it was the same as the interview day so I wasn't interested, I need to go to the Notts taster day to really see what's going on. Of course, hopefully SGUL will just admit how much they love me...

ReputationRep:
    In an odd position. I just got an offer through but it says I need to finish my Masters degree by 1st August apparently, but I think I have my Thesis Viva on the 11th of august.

Is anyone else in the same position? What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Id really appreciate it if you guys turned down your Nottingham offers, thanks in advance

I've still not heard anything via track, and I live in France so no idea what the post situation is at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulfox234)
    In an odd position. I just got an offer through but it says I need to finish my Masters degree by 1st August apparently, but I think I have my Thesis Viva on the 11th of august.

Is anyone else in the same position? What should I do?
    I think if they give me an offer depending on what they offer me, I'll decide. If it's an offer, I'll just finish up my masters later and speak to my uni, if it's a 'only with this masters' (it's my 2nd postgrad) offer, then I'll have to defer...

Baby steps!

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if the MSc condition is automatic for everyone. I graduated with an MSc in 2013,yet they have my offer conditional on obtaining it by 08/2015... Do they think I'm currently studying...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Wondering if the MSc condition is automatic for everyone. I graduated with an MSc in 2013,yet they have my offer conditional on obtaining it by 08/2015... Do they think I'm currently studying...?
    I have the same conditions and finished mine in 2012. Glad it's not just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    I'm in the same boat - Exeter had an open day but it was the same as the interview day so I wasn't interested, I need to go to the Notts taster day to really see what's going on. Of course, hopefully SGUL will just admit how much they love me...
    I'm definitely looking forward to the Notts taster day. Glad it's a weekend too.

SGUL is the only one I'm sure I'm going to turn down - but it looks like on track I can't decline offers which is annoying because I want to decline that now so the place can be offered to the waiting list. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    I'm definitely looking forward to the Notts taster day. Glad it's a weekend too.

SGUL is the only one I'm sure I'm going to turn down - but it looks like on track I can't decline offers which is annoying because I want to decline that now so the place can be offered to the waiting list. Argh!
    Yeah, it's very poor form - I've seen at least 5 people who have declined or deferred their place for this year, and I'm on the waiting list with a 69/70, but I've not heard anything, so I assume they're still waiting on things back from people.

GODDAMNIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    I have the same conditions and finished mine in 2012. Glad it's not just me.
    Ah good.

So we're in more or less the same boat. I'll probably get down to making a spreadsheet of pros and cons for Swansea and Notts

I remember visiting Warwick and leaving thinking I'd only go there if no one else gave me an offer. What was it that swayed you so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Ah good.

So we're in more or less the same boat. I'll probably get down to making a spreadsheet of pros and cons for Swansea and Notts

I remember visiting Warwick and leaving thinking I'd only go there if no one else gave me an offer. What was it that swayed you so much?
    Just wanted to let you know. I went to Swansea for my BSc and absolutely loved it. It is a really nice city and you're never more than a 5 minute walk away from the beach. I'd pick Swansea if I could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Ah good.

The boyfriend is waiting to hear about a job in Birmingham :P that's pretty much it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Does it specify your MSc as a requirement or isn't it just you meet the minimum requirement (a 2:2) by August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say there's a place for you guys on the waiting list from me I'm turning down my Nottingham and Swansea offers to study at Liverpool, so hopefully one of you will recieve an offer soon! Congrats to everyone with offers! And good luck to the people waiting, I really do hope you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat1217)
    Does it specify your MSc as a requirement or isn't it just you meet the minimum requirement (a 2:2) by August?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My track update just says academic conditions if it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat1217)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope specifically mentions the MSc. I gave them the degree certificate at the interview though so not sure what they're cracking on about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be firming as I'm currently on the waiting list at BSMS but that's undergrad. See some of you in September!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.