Netherlands win in Extra Time
    8.96%
    Argentina win in Penalties
    25.37%
    Netherlands win in Penalties
    13.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    I'll happy with whoever wins the World Cup.

If argentina wins it, I won't have to bother educating ronaldo fans anymore.

If germany win.. Well, they are a phenomenal team and deserve it if they do!
    Even if he wins he's not better than ronaldo..

If Portugal went through, they still would have had to play Germany, or Brazil or Colombia.

Messi played Switzerland, Belgium, and netherlands.

He played **** tonight anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol 33)
    Once again Messi does nothing and gets praised
    By whom? Messi was really poor today. Deliveries were inaccurate, lost the ball when dribbling, anonymous for swathes of the game. The good run at the end and cross, and the penalty shouldn't detract from that.

Messi is being praised because his career isn't encapsulated by one game, and many will feel that - as far as one player can ever 'deserve' anything more than another in sport - he has more than warranted a chance to steal the stage in a World Cup final.

But I'm perfectly happy to say that he deserves any criticism he gets tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Is that why Argentina were favourites.

mate, please don't hate and take a seat with all haterZ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why are you even talking? shut up you're boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obiejess)
    just chuck a fiver on it already

posted from tsr mobile
    thank you

argentina argentina argentina

ReputationRep:
    Once again Messi does nothing and gets praised
    Difference between acknowledging a bad game and singling him out.

People ignore many others shocking performances and go straight for him, all we get after 20 iffy displays is "what a disappointing game MESSI has had". Seriously he handles getting inordinate amounts of focus better than I would after a collective disappointment.

It gets irritating. I feel like I have to stick up for him, if only so the spotlight isn't just put on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    what a poor game. so annoyed Argentina are through. there have completely scraped every single game this WC and looked so poor. so gutted for the Dutch

that said, I don't know what LVG was thinking for penalties. some very questionable decisions
    Would you have been annoyed if Netherlands went through then? As they have scraped through every game except for Spain.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sad that my Nederlandse didn't make it, they played well nevertheless (Some of the time)
    You could just tell Robin wasn't 100% tbh. Rooting for Germany to win the world cup always had a soft spot for them anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I predict 3-1 holland

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IT was you

I made the bet

with

100 REPS now or quit TSR!

HOLLAND were alienated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    By whom? Messi was really poor today. Deliveries were inaccurate, lost the ball when dribbling, anonymous for swathes of the game. The good run at the end and cross, and the penalty shouldn't detract from that.

Messi is being praised because his career isn't encapsulated by one game, and many will feel that - as far as one player can ever 'deserve' anything more than another in sport - he has more than warranted a chance to steal the stage in a World Cup final.

But I'm perfectly happy to say that he deserves any criticism he gets tonight.

Finally, a Messi fan talking some sense

ReputationRep:

If Portugal went through
    But.... They didn't... And why? Because ronaldo was more concerned about his hair than scoring goals

ReputationRep:
    Even if he wins he's not better than ronaldo..

If Portugal went through, they still would have had to play Germany, or Brazil or Colombia.

Messi played Switzerland, Belgium, and netherlands.

He played **** tonight anyway..
    Portugal would be on the other side of the draw. So would have had to face Belgium, then they'd have to face Argentina and then Netherlands.

Essentially the same teams Argentina faced. Switzerland being swapped for Argentina. It's just one easy tie Argentina would have got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    why are you even talking? shut up you're boring
    Don't worry German!

don't be mad, you got a chance still.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    But.... They didn't... And why? Because ronaldo was more concerned about his hair than scoring goals

There's no point arguing.

Everyone knows Ronaldo has a worse team

Everyone Knows Ronaldo wasn't even fully fit

Everyone Knows Ronaldo had a tougher group

And even if Ronaldo went through, i doubt Portugal would beat Germany, Brazil, Colombia, compared to Messi playing against the Swiss and Belgium.

ReputationRep:
    Argentinas defence has been seriously underrated this World Cup as well.

How many goals have they conceded. Two?

ReputationRep:
    Traded my £13,500 at 2.88 for Argentina to qualify by penalties taken at HT of ET for even odds at FT of ET for £5,672.70 after betfair's respective commission.
    (Original post by DivinityA)
    Germany will butcher Argentina.
    I have always maintained that Argentina have been a plausible winner of this years WC. Argentina will have an advantage in this final in that they have conserved much more energy compared to Germany who put in more than was required at the semi final stage.

I have my £1k bet on Argentina to win @ 9/2 and having won that, it'll take my net profits in this WC to £36,770 which I will be pleased with given how stressful this year has been for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    Would you have been annoyed if Netherlands went through then? As they have scraped through every game except for Spain.
    The Dutch have had far tougher games whilst Argentina have been playing ****-tier teams.

And to be honest, the Spain result alone has been enough for me to warrant them going to the final

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel really uncomfortable when Mascherano hit his head? Looked completely lost for a couple of minutes. Recovered well though.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point arguing.

Everyone knows Ronaldo has a worse team

Everyone Knows Ronaldo wasn't even fully fit

Everyone Knows Ronaldo had a tougher group

And even if Ronaldo went through, i doubt Portugal would beat Germany, Brazil, Colombia, compared to Messi playing against the Swiss and Belgium.

Refer to jams post you tit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Traded my £13,500 at 2.88 for Argentina to qualify by penalties taken at HT of ET for even odds at FT of ET for £5,672.70 after betfair's respective commission.
    QUOTE=DivinityA;48515442]Germany will butcher Argentina.
    I have always maintained that Argentina have been a plausible winner of this years WC. Argentina will have an advantage in this final in that they have conserved much more energy compared to Germany who put in more than was required at the semi final stage.

I have my £1k bet on Argentina to win @ 9/2 and having won that, it'll take my net profits in this WC to £36,770 which I will be pleased with given how stressful this year has been for me.[/QUOTE]

I can't see how you can seriously maintain that Germany were taxed more yesterday than Argentina were today. Sure, tonight's game had a pretty low tempo but fatigue will be greater for the Argentina players simply by virtue of an extra half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Anyone else feel really uncomfortable when Mascherano hit his head? Looked completely lost for a couple of minutes. Recovered well though.
    yeah it's never nice to see that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.