Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Good, Hamas aren't the good guys at all, so I don't know why people pretend only Israel is at fault in the region.
    Yes but Hamas have not killed over 200 people, the majority of which were innocent women and children.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    lol Israel started it when it threw people out of their homes.
    And when they arrested 350 Palestinians (including Hamas West Bank leaders) and killed 5 palestinians during military operation Brother's Keeper (i.e. when the 3 israeli teens went missing). But everyone likes to focus on Hamas airstrikes believing that Hamas likes to fire rockets for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    Tbh, the thing I'm most concerned about as a human being right now is the killing of innocent humans. What's their fault?
    Posted the same thing as me at the same time, brains with humanity think alike

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why Hamas rejected the cease-fire?

Would the cease-fire mean the end of the recent conflict?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, the thing I'm most concerned about as a human being right now is the killing of innocent humans. What's their fault?
    This is the problem with air bombing.
    Perhaps the ground assault will minimise innocent casualties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    I think thr generals in charge know a bit more about military strategy than you do.
    really ? he looks like a butch, gay clubber. nothing wrong with that of course.

ReputationRep:
    im am so glad israel is doing this, when they enter gaza israeli soldiers will die in their hundreds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    More propaganda in bold. Do you actually engage in civilised debate with evidence, or do you just enjoy the back and forth drivel?

Why have you jumped to discussing to Hamas? And if hypothetically Israel realised that Hamas are hiding amongst Palestinian civilians and that their attacks were killing more civilians than actual targets, why did they continue to bomb Gaza indiscriminately, nonstop for a week? Why did they target power lines, water infastructure, a disabled center, children on a beach (because Hamas members are definitely strolling along the beach during Israeli attack)? There is no logic to it.
    clearly then you are demonstrating the idiocy brought about by the islamist propaganda, thank you for demonstrating what i was talking about.

if the rockets being filmed by all the news agencies are not being fired by hamas from within palestine, where exactly are they coming from, the red sea? a djinn in the clouds? quite shocking to see delusion to this extent, especially on what youd think to be a student forum. hamas is regarded a terrorist organisation by most of the west , plus some arab states believe it or not - or were you indoctrinated to not realise that either?

israel havent been 'bombing indiscrimatley ( even tho if they did, they would only be copying the islamists) they have targeted in all cases hamas assets and points out of which they live/operate. if hamas or any islamist were anything less than cowardly rats, would they cower behind the shield of their civilian neighbours - it seems a few chants from the quran by islamists and you become blissfully ignorant to this fact - the power of propaganda spread inevitabley by islamic chat forums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    Posted the same thing as me at the same time, brains with humanity think alike
    lol If only more people start to think about humanity first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devils18)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28359853

The zionist cowards didn't waste much time did they. 5 month old baby killed by Israeli tank fire.
    nooooooooo.......hamas killed thast baby and all the other civillian casualties...they didnt realise that there must be consequences for their actions and constantly breaking cease fires and fireing rockets in to israel has resulted in israel rightfully defending itself. Hamas and only hamas are to blame for palestinian casualties as they set up their rockets in areas populated with children and hospitals...they dont care about their own people and they are utter scum that need to be wiped from the face of the earth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Hamas started the conflict and broke the cease fire twice, that Israel will not remove them from government means that they are not going far enough in my opinion.
    Don't forget the part where Israel bombed children playing football on the beach not 2 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    And when they arrested 350 Palestinians (including Hamas West Bank leaders) and killed 5 palestinians during military operation Brother's Keeper (i.e. when the 3 israeli teens went missing). But everyone likes to focus on Hamas airstrikes believing that Hamas likes to fire rockets for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:
    the best yet is Hamas refusing the so called "ceasefire" when Hamas leaders themselves have said that they heard about it on the news.

Israel are America wearing a counterfeit kippah
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    Yes but Hamas have not killed over 200 people, the majority of which were innocent women and children.....
    I think what you have to remember is that Israel have the technology to protect themselves from the rocket attacks, fair enough not the mortars, but the main threat they're protected against. On the other hand, the only thing saving the Palestinians from largely unnecessary/ineffective attacks is a short warning from Israel.

You do have to seriously criticise Israel's attacks though. Do they seriously believe that the top names in Hamas will still be at home given the circumstances?
    You also have to consider just how bad the situation is for the residents of Gaza and who is, at least partly, to blame for it. Israel is intentionally crippling Gaza and punishing the populace because of their governance. The GDP of Gaza is $1.35bn, more than half of that ($700m) is humanitarian aid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Israel, every country has the right to defend itself, and if striking military targets causes civilian casualties then that is just collateral damage. An inevitable consequence of war.
    You seem to be a little slow.

How is it "defending" if you are invading?

Defending is the Iron Dome. Invading is equal to attacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    This is the problem with air bombing.
    Perhaps the ground assault will minimise innocent casualties.
    It might minimise but It won't stop the innocent casualties. That's the problem. Attacking each other isn't going to help at all, the UN should play a better role in this situation. But no, the UN has chosen to stay quite on this matter.

ReputationRep:
    the reason why there is not peace is because hamas dont want peace!!!!!!!!!!!! they want to kill jews and wipe israel off the map. Any western democracy would act the same way to terrorists rocket fire. the groung invasion is 100% justified and i hope that the idf wipe out hamas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    You seem to be a little slow.

How is it "defending" if you are invading?

Defending is the Iron Dome. Invading is equal to attacking.
    The same way a preemptive strike can be used as a means of defense.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon123)
    the reason why there is not peace is because hamas dont want peace!!!!!!!!!!!! they want to kill jews and wipe israel off the map. Any western democracy would act the same way to terrorists rocket fire. the groung invasion is 100% justified and i hope that the idf wipe out hamas
    The Israelis hardly want peace either, if it were up to them there would be no Palestinians at all, and if there was peace they would slowly try to force them out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It might minimise but It won't stop the innocent casualties. That's the problem. Attacking each other isn't going to help at all, the UN should play a better role in this situation. But no, the UN has chosen to stay quite on this matter.
    Innocent deaths are part and parcel of modern warfare.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, the problem is that the west will idly sit by. I find it infuriating (or an approximation to being infuriated) how they condemn Russia based on allegations, but refuse to condemn Israel despite the obvious issues they're causing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.