Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nijuuninichi)
    I'm so happy to see someone on here that has also applied for it! See you too, good luck with exams and all that.
    Thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    So many of us here It'll be so good, can't wait. See you there? We get to talk more on this UNIQ forum thing they set up soon
    Hell yeah! It's so weird that there are only 27 people on the course, and like 4 people that got in have posted on this thread alone haha. See you there I guess, just hoping for good AS results (have yet to start proper revision )

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing French as well! I was so shocked because there are only 15 places

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing French as well! It's great to think that we have 3 of 15 places!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    I got in for Medicine!!!! Unbelievably excited, can't believe it just now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same!!

ReputationRep:
    To help anyone reading this:

I got into Medicine:
    Taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature (I know...not physics )
    11A*s and 2 As (at a relatively good state school, so thought I wouldn't get in)
    Academic attainment and history of progression at my college is average I think/ maybe low
    Acorn= 32
    Personal Statement- wasn't perfect- I recommend spending time, starting early and emailing to teachers
    POLAR= my home is Quintile 2 (orange) and my college is Quintile 1 (red) (1=lowest participation)

Acorn: http://acorn.caci.co.uk/
    POLAR: https://www.hefce.ac.uk/analysis/yp/...ipation,areas/

Hope this helps!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    I got in for Medicine!!!! Unbelievably excited, can't believe it just now

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AHobbit's*******)
    same!!
    Hi guys, I got on for medicine too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belxesprit)
    Hi guys, I got on for medicine too!
    Awesome! so that's 3/40 of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Anyone else here on the reserve list?
    I'm the reserve list for Law, what subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyTSR)
    I'm still waiting, emailed them about an hour ago, so I'm not expecting a reply until tomorrow or monday, I definitely accepted the place though, just waiting for the 'Email' they send out.
    We dont send out emails to confirm you have accepted. On the system as long as you have selected YES then the update button its considered saved. It should come up with a message informing you that you can close the window.
    You can go in again to double check if you wish as if you enter your details again the dropdown box should be on YES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnishaWordsmith)
    Me too, I'll see you there! Great username by the way :')
    I got in for History: Race and Protest too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_97)
    I'm doing French as well! It's great to think that we have 3 of 15 places!
    It's brilliant!!! I'm so excited for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniqsummer)
    We dont send out emails to confirm you have accepted. On the system as long as you have selected YES then the update button its considered saved. It should come up with a message informing you that you can close the window.
    You can go in again to double check if you wish as if you enter your details again the dropdown box should be on YES.
    Thanks for letting us know Do you know when we should receive the email with the further information about the course and the forums??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRavenclaw)
    Hey guys! Did anyone get on for Spanish? I am so shocked to have been accepted, I didn't think my application was that strong

I almost applied for French (kind of wish that I did now because I've seen other French members here) but I figured I've done less Spanish stuff than I have French so the experience would be good.

The only problem is that I don't know how I'm going to get there... and I can't accept my place until i work it out. Hmm...
    I got in for Spanish! So excited 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oncology anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Got a place for Geography! Any other Geographers?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who got accepted!

I applied for English Literature - 2nd option History of Art - with 5As and 5A*s from a very poor secondary school.

Unfortunately I live in a very very good area and I also go to a college that has been previously really successful at sending people to Oxford and Cambridge.

I'm also aware that my personal statement was rushed and it was very poor - I found the character limit way too difficult to cope with! Anyway, well done to anybody who got in - hope to see you at Oxford september 2017 maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyTSR)
    Thanks for letting us know Do you know when we should receive the email with the further information about the course and the forums??
    If the majority of people have accepted their place I will try to send something out late next week otherwise it will probably be shortly after the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniqsummer)
    If the majority of people have accepted their place I will try to send something out late next week otherwise it will probably be shortly after the 20th.
    For the students who are on the reserve list, is there a chance we may find out if we have a place on or around the 20th as it is the deadline for accepting places? Also how many people are on reserve lists as a proportion of that course's intake - out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_97)
    I'm doing French as well! I was so shocked because there are only 15 places
    Hey congrats!! Can't wait to meet you! See you in July, and I hope your AS exams go well. Hopefully we can talk more on the UNIQ forum.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.