Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer unit 2! Unit 1 is very difficult for me, I find that stress and social is a lot easier to remember as it seems like there are less studies. Studies are probably my weakness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutE)
    Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
    Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to learn all of the developmental psychology this weekend, for some reason it never stuck in my head. With regards to research methods it depends how well you know it and understand it. I find it relatively easy so did minimal revision for that. However, it is a third of the paper so if you don't understand it then I suggest you revise it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniemp)
    I know, better to be prepared for any question they could throw at us though! I do think it will be an attachment essay though because there have been soo many memory ones in the past! Just have to wait and see!
    I still don't have a 12 marker plan for that question so if it does come up I will have to wing it haha. I'd much rather it be one of the theories of attachment or a model of memory

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that you would have to know evaluation for mnemonic techniques?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Mention that it is short term memory and long term memory first. Then use the abbreviations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What do you even write for a 12 marker on how research has influenced child care practices? is childcare practices day care? I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    I am literally praying for a 12 marker on either the Multi Store Model, Bowlby, Institutionalisation, Privation or Disruption.

Please no day care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dw1996)
    I am literally praying for a 12 marker on either the Multi Store Model, Bowlby, Institutionalisation, Privation or Disruption.

Please no day care
    me to!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wabbit998)
    When evaluating MSM with Bahrick to demonstrate two separate stores would you also have to use peterson to demonstrate STM has a shorter duration

yes, in order to get full marks, i would compare it to P&P 18seconds findings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dw1996)

Please no day care
    I think a 12 marker on Day care will come up, as it has never before. It is also getting cut off the syllabus next year, along with stress for unit 2. So examiners will probably want to torture us with it before its gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    What do you even write for a 12 marker on how research has influenced child care practices? is childcare practices day care? I'm so confused
    Theres implications of studies daycare (trained staff, low staff turnover, 3:1 staff to child ratio) and implications of attachment (case study of JOHN- regular hospital hours, Circle of Security, Fostering within 1 week of childbirth) don't get that mixed up!!! my teacher told me to explain a study and explain how it influenced child care then evaluate itxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicswbu)
    I think a 12 marker on Day care will come up, as it has never before. It is also getting cut off the syllabus next year, along with stress for unit 2. So examiners will probably want to torture us with it before its gone!
    It has come up before.

ReputationRep:
    Can we not talk about Hodges and Tizard if the question is ''how has research influenced child care practices?''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinTheGold)
    I much prefer unit 2! Unit 1 is very difficult for me, I find that stress and social is a lot easier to remember as it seems like there are less studies. Studies are probably my weakness.
    im totally opposite. i find the studies in unit 1 easy to learn but the content in unit 2 very difficult to apply in exam context .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    Can we not talk about Hodges and Tizard if the question is ''how has research influenced child care practices?''
    i havent been over my unit 1 recently, so from the top of my head and apologies in advance if im getting my things a tad mixed up.
    id use Hodges and Tizard if a Q came up about institutionalization and use the Robertson case studies and bowlbys maternal deprivation hypothesis to answer this Q.

ReputationRep:
    How would one evaluate van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg's research in cultural variations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutE)
    How would one evaluate van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg's research in cultural variations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Weaknesses:

- The meta analysis uses lots of studies carried out by different people. This is a problem because not all of them may have used the same procedure - for example some studies may have used a female stranger, whereas others a male. This may have had an impact on the results, making them unreliable.

- Unethical: The strange situation causes deliberate distress to the child, as it's unusual for the baby to be left alone or alone with a stranger. In cultures such as Japan and Israel it would be worse as they've been brought up in a secure attachment. It may also cause distress to the mother if she finds out that her child has an insecure attachment, as it may lead her to believe that she's a bad parent.

- The strange situation was developed in the USA therefore it's not fair to use it in other countries as it's based on American values. This means that different cultures have different ways of bringing up their children.

- Samples in certain countries were small (Eg China, Sweden). This makes the sample unrepresentative of that culture, meaning that it can't be generalized to the whole culture. There are sub cultures in all countries - you can't conclude that one country means one culture. If the samples were small, it is especially hard to generalize the results.

ReputationRep:
    I think that this could be appropriate, as you can go on about how the children need some sort of replacement attachment when away from their parents/care giver.

However personally I would write about Shea, which is research into peer relationships and aggression. This allows you to talk about high adult to child ratio, structured days, mixed age groups, etc.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone learning their studies? I think I have learnt them fairly well for unit 1, it's just some specific figures and percentages I'm struggling with. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Lifesaver, thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.