Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Was the solution in the precipitate question colourless before? I thought it was green because of fe2+ ions in solution
    No I am wrong. It is green

ReputationRep:
    i left that exam crying my eyes out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannnahcox)
    How on earth were you supposed to answer the rates one?! From the table data

Posted from TSR Mobile
    halve the second concentration given, the half life is 190 hours. then halve one of the other concentrations given, half life is 190 hours so first order

ReputationRep:
    I put bubbling instead of fizzing. Is that still allowed ?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the DNA questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TikiLodge)
    I put bubbling instead of fizzing. Is that still allowed ?
    it should be effervescence or fizzing, dunno if bubbling is technical enough for OCR mark schemes

ReputationRep:
    That's it I'm doing a Charlie hebdo on the OCR offices, that paper was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charletitia)
    What was the choking vapour? All that I could figure was that ethanoic acid had been made!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh i thought the same. I wrote ethanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    The paper was standard, wasn't hard at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordGaben)
    Yh i thought the same. I wrote ethanoic acid
    i was gonna put that but I put methyl ethanoate in the end because isnt ethanoic acid liquid

ReputationRep:
    What even was that paper... I've done every paper at least 3 times and I couldn't figure out half of that paper! Do OCR not realise that our lives depend on these grades?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beasttty)
    i was gonna put that but I put methyl ethanoate in the end because isnt ethanoic acid liquid
    pretty sure it can evaporate? I think it has to be ethanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts in exam were ok the ester is being hydrolysed. I dunno how to name the giant molecule so ethanoic acid it is haha For infrared did u say tri?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chococup123)
    Not sure if it's right but my answers were:
    -ammonia
    -97% for the % by mass
    -for IR spectrum, I put the tri- one
    -For the one reaction with NaI, I put VO2^+
    -chlorine gas (for the toxic gas)
    -For the reaction of Fe2+ with NaOH:
    observation before: colourless solution
    observation after: a precipitate formed
    Fe2+ (aq) + 2OH- (aq) >> Fe(OH)2 (s)
    -positive test:
    for C, I put neutral iron (III) chloride due to phenol group so purple solution
    for D, I put reacting with sodium carbonate, as carboxylic acid reacts with NaCO3 so fizzes
    -And Pd-Pd and ID-ID for both compounds
    I had all of that except i said the solutiion was light green and formed a green precipitate

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for grade boundaries like June 2010 with 64 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What the hell was that paper?!?!?!

Bull****!!!

ReputationRep:
    halve the second concentration given, the half life is 190 hours. then halve one of the other concentrations given, half life is 190 hours so first order
    Oh I did the gap between 30 hours and 100 hours was the same percentage decrease as the gap between 220 and 290 hours, because they are the same time difference and same percentage decrease the half life must be constant and therefore the reaction is 1st order!

I didn't realise there was a reading for 190?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:
    There was a slight peak... I didn't know wether to count it or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)

(Original post by LordGaben)
    My thoughts in exam were ok the ester is being hydrolysed. I dunno how to name the giant molecule so ethanoic acid it is haha For infrared did u say tri?
    Yeah triester because no phenol/alcohol peak. and youre right with the ethanoic acid

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.