I'm a British Pakistani, AMA Watch

Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cake_lover)
Why not throw Anjem Choudary in there as well whilst we're at it?
I don't like beard so I won't be watching that sex tape.
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
I don't like beard so I won't be watching that sex tape.
Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where are you from in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Northamptonshire
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jgco2chem)
Northamptonshire
Is that towards the north, there's a stereotype that Pakistani's up north are not nice. (Of course there will be nice ones there as well)
Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that towards the north, there's a stereotype that Pakistani's up north are not nice. (Of course there will be nice ones there as well)
Its central, but i will be going north for uni
PPF
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fallen99)
Yeah you are right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi.

I forgot but can you read Urdu?
I need help with understanding some thing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ravenous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think of Pakistan's decision to not get involved in the current Yemen conflict?
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ravenous)
What do you think of Pakistan's decision to not get involved in the current Yemen conflict?
Very glad, we have too many of our own problems, and we can't be fighting against Shia's when we have so many in our own country, it's wise to just stay out of it.

The UAE recently has been pressuring us as well, but I'm sorry when have the Arabs helped us deal with the Taliban in our country? Not to mention Pakistani's get treated like **** in Arab countries, I can't see why we should get involved in another country's internal conflict.
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very glad, we have too many of our own problems, and we can't be fighting against Shia's when we have so many in our own country, it's wise to just stay out of it.

The UAE recently has been pressuring us as well, but I'm sorry when have the Arabs helped us deal with the Taliban in our country? Not to mention Pakistani's get treated like **** in Arab countries, I can't see why we should get involved in another country's internal conflict.

The UAE threat looks quite scary as they're really not happy with our ambiguous stand on the issue!

Apparently Pakistan wants to act as a mediator?

( not sure I agree with all of what you said though)
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by binarythoughts)
The UAE threat looks quite scary as they're really not happy with our ambiguous stand on the issue!

Apparently Pakistan wants to act as a mediator?

( not sure I agree with all of what you said though)
But I don't why we should be bullied into sending our troop to die because they aren't happy.

Not sure how that would work, maybe Turkey and Pakistan trying to encourage talks and some peace deal with the conflicting groups?
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But I don't why we should be bullied into sending our troop to die because they aren't happy.

Not sure how that would work, maybe Turkey and Pakistan trying to encourage talks and some peace deal with the conflicting groups?

Yeah, but I doubt it's going to be that simple. Since they're not even happy with us staying neutral in the first place
PapiLanez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, but I doubt it's going to be that simple. Since they're not even happy with us staying neutral in the first place

they can piss off, for all i care.

like the guy already asked, when have they helped pakistan with anything?
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PapiLanez)

They've helped quite a lot financially.
But I still think their attitude has been wrong here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PapiLanez)

If you mean the UAE, they have.
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you mean the UAE, they have.
Don't you feel they've been very arrogant in their approach?

I mean if they had shown more compassion and said like brothers please join us to solidify the Muslim force etc I would have had more respect for them.

Plus, we've even said we'll support the land of Saudi Arabia and that seems enough given that our military is currently at war with operation Zarb-E-Azb. The remaining coalition should be enough for the Yemen crisis why are they forcing our soldiers to go and fight? Do they see Pakistani blood as being cheaper or something that they prevent their own soldiers and put us at the frontline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)
Don't you feel they've been very arrogant in their approach?

I mean if they had shown more compassion and said like brothers please join us to solidify the Muslim force etc I would have had more respect for them.

Plus, we've even said we'll support the land of Saudi Arabia and that seems enough given that our military is currently at war with operation Zarb-E-Azb. The remaining coalition should be enough for the Yemen crisis why are they forcing our soldiers to go and fight? Do they see Pakistani blood as being cheaper or something that they prevent their own soldiers and put us at the frontline?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're been rather demanding and considering our situation it's not really justified.

Even at the risk of UAE's threat, I don't think Pakistan should give in as we are definitely not in the position to be able to do it.
Frappé
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is citizen Khan an accurate depiction of British Pakistani family life? + Which character are you most like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frappé)
Is citizen Khan an accurate depiction of British Pakistani family life? + Which character are you most like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me, certain parts perhaps. But I can't relate to it entirely, my dad isn't a bearded guy obsessed with the "community" and my sister doesn't wear a hijab to look like a saint. I'm a not big fan of the show tbh, so can't really say my favourite character lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
childofthesun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why doesn't your AMA last as long as mine?
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by childofthesun)
Why doesn't your AMA last as long as mine?
Because everyone loves me duh :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads