mt003
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone have any thoughts on why kenya planned but failed to open a sample transport system in 2012??
Jess__01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ridersforhealth)
Jess__01 there is an opening for that exact job if you're interested
loooooool
coronatheatre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
any suggestions on how riders could be improved??
abbymaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi, could anyone here summarise Kenya's Vision 2030 for me? and how it relates to their healthcare plans?
ridersforhealth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abbymaw)
hi, could anyone here summarise Kenya's Vision 2030 for me? and how it relates to their healthcare plans?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kenya%27s+vision+2030
coronatheatre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
“Kenya a country of contrasts, with shackles around its ankles” To what extent do you agree with this statement (15) what does this mean haha?? X
sophietulip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Advantages and disadvantages of both top-down and bottom-up aid anyone? Tried googling but that doesn't seem to help...
daneenskeels
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Guys,

Keith here! I run the social media department at Riders and just thought I would answer and of your questions on the upcoming exam. Good luck everyone!
Hi,
Just noticed in a map that you had past projects in Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Ghana, wondering why operations stopped there?
ridersforhealth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daneenskeels)
Hi,
Just noticed in a map that you had past projects in Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Ghana, wondering why operations stopped there?
Let's just say the Democratic Republic of Congo isn't very democratic
MedievalWitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Guys,

Keith here! I run the social media department at Riders and just thought I would answer and of your questions on the upcoming exam. Good luck everyone!
Hi Keith, could you give me a brief overview of how Riders have helped Kenya get closer to achieving the MDG's please I'm slightly confused :')
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
vision 2030 is run over medium term plans to allow kenya to develop to become a 'middle income' country and allows them to develop their success in the MDG's further as in the phase from 2000-2015 they have been majorly successful in their attempts in reference to sub saharan africes attempts. however they still have lessons t learn on the front of climate change - which is interlinked to MDG 7 and that success in this could lead to success across the other health MDGs for health such as 1, 4 and 5 due to better water supply, more tourism so a better economy, hence more jobs and more infrastructure, more agricultural productivity which is kenyas main export making up 80%, the increased by 4degrees by 2090 could lead to more diseases spreading and the huge loss of livestock - hence working towards environmental sustainability for kenya is key to lots of other doors and could potentially be a step to success over the whole board.
On the case of vision 2030 kenya, this is made up of lots of factors but they have 3 pillars, social, economic and political and want to have a 10% growth rate, a democracy for government where it is people centred and they want a good economy where tourism is key and buisness is key and to create the cities of kenya into a global hub for people to access - hence helping the MDG's also. To answer your question the vision has many aspects which can't be typed as it would take too long but they are working towards better infrastructure, more roads, buildings, more resorts for people to visit, protection of forests, and there is a key link here to the riders aims for the future also which is to expand, reach more people and to have the government realise what they do and take it onboard to what they do - this is a great synoptic link to be made in my opinion.
a good place to start for how climate and the environment help kenya can be in their 'climate change act in 2012' .
daneenskeels
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Let's just say the Democratic Republic of Congo isn't very democratic
Ah I see, did you have many problems like that in Kenya? I understand there are some problems in the North, so is that a key limitation for not outreaching there or are there other overriding challenges to working in that area?
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by coronatheatre)
“Kenya a country of contrasts, with shackles around its ankles” To what extent do you agree with this statement (15) what does this mean haha?? X
i didn't understand this one much either, i think its either to do with the fact that in the wealthier people are getting diseases of affluence e.g. cancer, diabetes and heat disease but many are still getting disease of poverty and the cannot help all because they don't have enough money to help both lots of people.
it could possibly be about the terrain stopping people getting to services, the hospitals available have ratio of 1 doctor for every 60,000 patients which is better than places in the UK but the people cannot get to the hospitals
with the contrasts could it be about 80% in rural areas but only get 20% of stock or something like that i read on one of the pages near the beginning

other than that im not sure, hope this helped though :')
DanHUK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MedievalWitch)
my teacher gave us a list of 36 possible questions if you want me to write them up for anyone to look at???
Yes please, have you done the zig zag questions?
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanHUK)
Yes please, have you done the zig zag questions?
if you look back to page 21/22 i posted them up no i havent done zig zag questions what are they?
edit: its in the middle of page 21
Mr_Cambell
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jess__01 there is an opening for that exact job if you're interested
hahahahahah get lost keith lad, get on with some revision
yeahno
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the riders for health website keeps crashing hahha
can someone give me the updated statistics for staff and vehicles managed please? the AIB has it for 2002 thought it would be a good idea to have the 2014 stats to compare

thanks
DanHUK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MedievalWitch)
if you look back to page 21/22 i posted them up no i havent done zig zag questions what are they?
edit: its in the middle of page 21
Thanks and my teacher provided us with this zig zag information booklet of potential questions that may come up for the exam. Try to google "zig zag geog 4b" you might be able to find some resources from their site and print out for the booklet. They even have a mark scheme for the questions which has helped alot.
jellybanana
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you haven't looked on the Riders for Health twitter page yet I really recommend it, they're sharing so much useful stuff on there! I've made a little list of the most useful things I've found so far:

How Riders is helping Kenya meet the MDG's: https://riders-live-cms.s3.amazonaws...the%20MDGs.pdf

The 2013 Riders for Health annual review: https://riders-live-cms.s3.amazonaws...nualreview.pdf

This interview which gives a really good overview of Riders: http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/a...ing-in-africa/

Their impact assessment in Kenya: https://riders-live-cms.s3.amazonaws...ate%202014.pdf

HIV in Kenya: http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-kenya.htm

Some really great inforgraphics about healthcare in Kenya: http://www.internewskenya.org/dataportal/data/3

This report analysing the reasons why health workers migrate and evaluating schemes to help them stay: http://www.equinetafrica.org/bibl/do...62HRndetei.pdf

All he best for tomorrow and sorry if someone else has posted some of these already!
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanHUK)
Thanks and my teacher provided us with this zig zag information booklet of potential questions that may come up for the exam. Try to google "zig zag geog 4b" you might be able to find some resources from their site and print out for the booklet. They even have a mark scheme for the questions which has helped alot.
okay thanks ill have a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads