Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverclog786)
    B2 and c2 were easy but the grade boundaries are apparently going to go really highly
    26 to pass
    I beg that the grade boundaries are like this 26/60 for a C?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I'm sure you'll do well! I was aiming for an A* and now I'd be happy with a B:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw haha thanks but i seriously doubt it XDand you too !! All we can do now is try not to panic and focus on other exams (easier said than done amiright)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almahoney)
    Aw haha thanks but i seriously doubt it XDand you too !! All we can do now is try not to panic and focus on other exams (easier said than done amiright)
    Yahhh haha I haven't done any revision today since span for my 5 exams next week haha #godsaveme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franm1)
    thats a good point. how did you think you did on the whole?
    I have no idea, I think I did bad but I don't think I got any wrong :L I always usually hate this paper and prefer the other, hoping that all hope of getting an A is not gone out of the window :L What about you?? How do you think you did??

ReputationRep:
    Please say people found unit 3 chemistry AQA really hard! Do you think grade boundaries will be low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliecook5)
    Please say people found unit 3 chemistry AQA really hard! Do you think grade boundaries will be low?
    Solid af lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FusionNetworks)
    That question sounded very easy but It didnt really understand how the pathogens cause infections. I just said viruses and bacteria are pathogens. Viruses replicate them in the cells of the body etc. and then talked about bacteria causing cell damage, releasing toxins etc.
    Then I went on to talk about White blood cells: Engulfing/digesting, antibodies and antitoxins.
    I know I'm late but I wrote about pathogens producing harmful bodies and toxins, and viruses getting into cells, multiplying and bursting them.
    So far I've found biology and chemistry AQA IGCSE easy, IGCSE geography (both papers) comfortable but today's EdExcel PE was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Spanish Reading and Listening
    Exam board: AQA
    Feeling:

Reading was fine but listening there were times where I just had to guess and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew13)
    I know I'm late but I wrote about pathogens producing harmful bodies and toxins, and viruses getting into cells, multiplying and bursting them.
    So far I've found biology and chemistry AQA IGCSE easy, IGCSE geography (both papers) comfortable but today's EdExcel PE was horrible.
    but that's from Unit 1 Bio, all about pathogens and toxins etc?
    agree about edexcel pe, it was absolutely disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    What about the question focus whether circuit training would be the most effective method of training to improve performance in games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wekka14102)
    but that's from Unit 1 Bio, all about pathogens and toxins etc?
    agree about edexcel pe, it was absolutely disgusting.
    What course did you do? That was a question on AQA IGCSE which I did, and bacteria producing toxins etc was on my spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ah163)
    What about the question focus whether circuit training would be the most effective method of training to improve performance in games?
    Wasn't a nice question but my main points were that it is easily adaptable, you can do skills circuits or tailor it to any element of fitness, and it reduces monotony so players enjoy training. However in a small space it's hard to focus on CV fitness which is also essential for game sports.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG16)
    I was so confused about that one too!!!!!!!!
    In my school loads of ppl lots of different answers cuz it was worded so horribly. I wrot about why the mother might want a abortion and i feel like i lost marks on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Solid af lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you found it hard? Or no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAisha)
    In my school loads of ppl lots of different answers cuz it was worded so horribly. I wrot about why the mother might want a abortion and i feel like i lost marks on that
    I did the same thing, but loads of people in my school did the same thing. I'm pretty sure it was written like 'what choices would a mother make in having an abortion?'- the language was really ambiguous. It was only like a 4 mark question though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staringatshadows)
    It confused me for so long! I ended up doing alalternative choices to abortion and everyone I know who did the question did the same. You?
    Haha, I did why she may have an abortion. Tbh it was only like 4 marks or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo98)
    Are you talking about OCR 21st Century? That's what I've done
    Yes I'm on that exam board. I so nervous about the unit 7 exams, because we havens even finished learning it in class yet.

ReputationRep:
    What do people think will come up on the Of Mice and Men AQA paper this year? I've heard people say an extract on Candy or Curely's dog

ReputationRep:
    OCR Religious Studies Short Course was fine imo but I think we all did the exam wrong because our teacher hadn't prepared us well for it (e.g in the e question he told us to just write "Some Christians... Other Christians..." instead of specific denominations)

Edexcel French I didn't revise for, found the listening moderate & the reading easier than expected

AQA Biology, from the unofficial mark scheme for B2 it looks like I'm on an A or at least a B. Have no idea about B3 but that was kind of difficult.

AQA Chemistry, from the unofficial mark scheme for C2 it looks like I've safely secured an A. C3 on the other hand was absolutely awful but I think a lot of people found that awful

ReputationRep:
    where did you find the mark schemes?!

(Original post by ladyrailly)
    OCR Religious Studies Short Course was fine imo but I think we all did the exam wrong because our teacher hadn't prepared us well for it (e.g in the e question he told us to just write "Some Christians... Other Christians..." instead of specific denominations)

Edexcel French I didn't revise for, found the listening moderate & the reading easier than expected

AQA Biology, from the unofficial mark scheme for B2 it looks like I'm on an A or at least a B. Have no idea about B3 but that was kind of difficult.

AQA Chemistry, from the unofficial mark scheme for C2 it looks like I've safely secured an A. C3 on the other hand was absolutely awful but I think a lot of people found that awful

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.