Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobster37)
    also im wondering if anyone one knows each and every question that requires a statement of some sort because that is where i usually drop marks? thanks!
    The polynomial one you know when it says prove x+2 or something is a factor just prove that it is zero and say it's a factor

ReputationRep:
    To find the surface area (minus the top of course) wasn't it just the area of the circle (nr^2) plus the circumference (2nr) times Height?

and we were meant to find the height in part a)i) which was h=V/nr^2

i feel like the question was Really simple but we sort of expected it to be complex so everyone freaked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNicko)
    I got 7, so did 5 people I spoke to after the exam, so I'd say 7 is a safe bet
    I did 50-4 instead of 50-1 so I got square root 46 instead of square 49 to get 7
    Silly donkey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Thought the cylinder question was a strange one given it's not on the syllabus to know how to calculate the surface area of a cylinder. I don't expect many people to have been able to obtain it and that could work in everyone's favour for the boundaries.

For me it went great. I got every question answered and managed to spot several silly errors which could have cost me. The only thing I have doubts over right now is the cylinder question. I did the right method but I didn't simplify it once I had obtained h. It said find h in terms of r, but not in it's simplest form so I assume it's acceptable? I did not cancel the coefficients of pi, do you think I'll drop a mark there?
    I did the EXACT same thing as you. Went really well, spotted all mistakes, only issue I had was not simplifying the h in terms of r bit. And I didn't specifically state n=7 when finding the minimum length of the chord question. Other than that, went great. I asked about the simplifying question and some people said it didn't specifically state to simplify it, so I don't think the mark would have been lost, but if so, we would have only lost one mark..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FS492)
    C (about 68UMS)
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadMuhammad)
    How did you find the paper in general?
    pretty happy tbh, the only mark i may have dropped is where i may have had to put my r =4 AND =-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FS492)
    With the vector question ... x^2 + 3x + 2 translated through [2,4].... Surely the answer was x^2 + x + 6?
    The y-intercept also depends on the position of the x coordinate of the vertex so that isn't correct. You have to consider the whole thing with completing the square.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what was the integration question,can everyone remember the equation we had to integrate

ReputationRep:
    I'n Sorry Shark but Student0042 is right on all of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sekaib)
    The polynomial one you know when it says prove x+2 or something is a factor just prove that it is zero and say it's a factor
    my exact words were 'x=2 is only real root' would i get the mark for this. Also are there any oher statements you can think of that we should have written?

ReputationRep:
    For the integration question I and a few other people got 162/5, which is 32 and 2 fifths.
    For the earlier part of the Q i got 108/5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asunny1998)
    I think I got something similar to you
    i got 108/5 i think

ReputationRep:
    pretty happy tbh, the only mark i may have dropped is where i may have had to put my r =4 AND =-4
    I think my paper did not go as well as I was expecting. I have definitely lost 2 marks on the question where you had to work out the shortest distance between the centre and QR. By the looks of other answers on TSR, I think I have lost the last question, which is out of 4 I think. I believe I may have made a mistake on the integration question - though I am unsure about this; hopefully full marks on this question. So in total, I definitely lost 6 and maybe another 4-5 just to be on the safe side.

In the end, a 60/75 is still 80% - an A I hope! I will work harder for C2 and Decision and should get higher marks to compensate for this paper.

Good luck for your other exams!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzchalker98)
    I don't think it was as hard as last years, but I'd still give it a 7-8
    this was actually a really nice paper! probably easier for me because i was resitting but it was so much better than last years paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apache324)
    For the integration question I and a few other people got 162/5, which is 32 and 2 fifths.
    We all agreed that to be the answer too. I ran out of space for that question and squashed it in so hopefully the examiner is lenient for that and can read it!

ReputationRep:
    my exact words were 'x=2 is only real root' would i get the mark for this. Also are there any oher statements you can think of that we should have written?
    -2***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhyaCeri)
    i got 108/5 i think
    I got that answer. For the area I think I may got something like 162/5... or maybe 330/4 or 5 - not sure.

ReputationRep:
    ra) draw x^2(x-3) where line touches at 0 and crosses at 3
    bi) Remainder = 36
    bii) R = 0 therefore is a factor
    biii) (x-2)(x^2-5x+10)
    biv) b^2 - 4ac < 0 therefore no real roots for (x^2-5x+10)
    (x-2) only root when x = -2

^^^^^unofficial ms

for drawing the cubic i did a positive cubic graph, points were 0,3 but i drawedd the line going through 0 and touching x axis?
    how many marks out of 3 wouldi get for this>?

for biii i got b as -x i didnt expand brackets and got c as 10 how many marks would i lose for this, i think it was 2 marka???

and for biv i used b^2-4ac sed it was less then 0 and sed only real root is x=-2 how many marks would i get forthis? i think this was 3 marks? but i got the value of discrimiant wrong? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    The y-intercept also depends on the position of the x coordinate of the vertex so that isn't correct. You have to consider the whole thing with completing the square.
    Its not completing the square though? [+] value is taken away from x and +[y] is added to integer?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme for this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.