Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Changing role of women - is there a link between WWI and an increase in educational opportunities, or does it pertain to employment only?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=billygale;55994505]
    (Original post by s_x_b)
    1. oh yeah same! i've been looking at past questions since 2009 and i think you should probably make sure you know your facts coz she has appeared as either a 20 mark or 40mark every year, and theres been about 5/6 questions on Attlee's government so maybe just a bit on him and my teacher has a strong feeling maybe a question on Callaghan could come up
    yeah im hoping that margaret thatcher will be the 40 mark. i just dont know what other governments to focus my revision on.
    im focusing more on the 13 years of when the Conservatives where in government and Callaghan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunnarsunn)
    I'd do: 3 Paragrapgs - If of course there is enough source evidence, if not vary:

- Source 11 and 12 cross referencing 3x or so.

Then for the counter view:

Source 13 - BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER - There is always at least one source which argues both ways if not more so you can cross reference that source to 13.
    You are really helpful I must say!!!!! so 3 paras meaning 3 of agree with just source 11 and 12 with cross reference and own knowledge .
    Then like 2-3 paras of disagreeing which is source 13 and maybe source 12 and then next para might be source 13 and source 11 contrasting perhaps?

When doing paras are u just aiming to show similarities or are u meant to show similarities and differences?
    Once again thank you as u the man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helennfoster)
    I have JUST started revision now and I've realised I remember next to nothing hahah
    I had a spanish resit today and seeing as that is what I'll be studying at uni i kind of just put history on the backburner and I'm now regretting it
    I had the Spanish paper as well how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me predictions for British political history: Consensus and conflict?

ReputationRep:
    For people doing British Politics: 1945-1990 Consensus and Conflict (not quiet sure if this applies to others sorry)

Part A to get the full 20 marks you need to:
    -have detailed comparisons of similarities and differences.
    -the provenance needs to be used to explain similarities and differences between accounts and to weigh the evidence
    -sustained focus on 'how far..?'

AND make sure you mention what type of extract is used for the source, whether its a memoir/diary newspaper article etc.

Part B to get the full 40 marks for own knowledge:
    - general points with strong focus on the question
    -accurate and relevant supporting evidence
    -integration of sources and own knowledge

for the rest of the 16 marks:
    -evidence from the sources is selected to support and challenge the view is expressed in the question
    -weighs the evidence of the sources and uses this in reaching an overall judgement

AND remember not to use the word 'biased' it makes you seem as if you have nothing to say really coz most of the times its quiet clear its biased but yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milly12321)
    Can anyone give me predictions for British political history: Consensus and conflict?
    from looking at the past questions since 2009 Margaret Thatcher has come up as a question everytime as a 20 and 40 so maybe focus on that?
    and Callaghan has only been asked once so that could be one too
    those are my main focuses anyways

ReputationRep:
    for the people doing the expreience of warfare, what are the chances of both part b questions being on the same war?

ReputationRep:
    Very small - it has only happened once since 2009, where it was a double WW1 section B paper

ReputationRep:
    if women ww1 comes up or anything to do with crimes for part b I will be so happy , I think I'd cry haha. But I think I might just skim my boer notes and look at war economy tomorrow morning just in case but please let your predictions be right haha

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on Britain-Ireland 1867-1922???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sghad)
    if women ww1 comes up or anything to do with crimes for part b I will be so happy , I think I'd cry haha. But I think I might just skim my boer notes and look at war economy tomorrow morning just in case but please let your predictions be right haha
    could you post some points on women please? dont have many :/ thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes on the 70's for british politics 1945-1990 i literally know nothing on them, praying for a Thatcher question

ReputationRep:
    Here's an example of an A question which got 18/20. My advice for A questions is to just get straight to the point and compare 2 sources in every paragraph throughout.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432068172.910801.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  193.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432068183.880765.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  185.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnus_ronning)
    Very small - it has only happened once since 2009, where it was a double WW1 section B paper
    that's good because i've barely done any boer war and was hoping it wouldn't come up, i'm praying for propaganda in ww1 it's basically the only topic i know

ReputationRep:
    Here's a list of the strengths and weaknesses of all Governments
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/55xhsqc3s4...1990.docx?dl=0
    Obviously not flawless but you get the idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_x_b)
    from looking at the past questions since 2009 Margaret Thatcher has come up as a question everytime as a 20 and 40 so maybe focus on that?
    and Callaghan has only been asked once so that could be one too
    those are my main focuses anyways
    Name:  11336023_845966025483228_797317384_o.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  197.8 KBmy teacher said that Heath, Thatcher, and Attlee are all really likely topics to come up, though the question on all could be anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaivfromONM)
    Name:  11336023_845966025483228_797317384_o.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  197.8 KBmy teacher said that Heath, Thatcher, and Attlee are all really likely topics to come up, though the question on all could be anything
    yh Attlee has been asked 5/6 times, idk i have a feeling that wouldn't come up, but if Attlee comes as the 20 mark and Thatcher as the 40 mark, honestly i will be over the moon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john1122)
    that's good because i've barely done any boer war and was hoping it wouldn't come up, i'm praying for propaganda in ww1 it's basically the only topic i know
    Crimea is predominantly the A) question, there has been six of them since 2009, whereas to my knowledge there has only been one Boer War A question.

For the B) question you, statistically, usually get one on Boer and one on WW1. (There hasn't been a paper which hasn't had a WW1 as a B) question as far as I know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnus_ronning)
    Crimea is predominantly the A) question, there has been six of them since 2009, whereas to my knowledge there has only been one Boer War A question.

For the B) question you, statistically, usually get one on Boer and one on WW1. (There hasn't been a paper which hasn't had a WW1 as a B) question as far as I know)
    thats ok, hopefully the part b question is easy i'm fairly consistent with part a but with part b i've had about every grade there is depending on how well i know the topic

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.