Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invitation for selection day/ interview at Southampton for Children's nursing. Really excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_nurse)
    My tutor has students over 4 or 5 campuses so imagine the amount of references he has to do 😱
    Did you just apply to 3 unis? Or any others

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember having to go through that headache lmao. But luckily didn't have to go through that. Third time round lmao
    Coventry
    Wolvs
    Bcu
    Uob
    Nottingham what about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chash22308903)
    Anyone heard anything from Leeds, York or Northumbria for child nursing? I know they don't start interviews usually until december!
    I have heard back from one and got an interview for Teesside in a few weeks.
    I have one in Teesside on the 12th November for CN. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBroekman)
    Been called to interview in Glasgow on the 13th of January (my first choice)!!!
    I've got an interview that day too Congratulations and good luck! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat129)
    Just got an invitation for selection day/ interview at Southampton for Children's nursing. Really excited!!
    Fab! Me too, for Dual Adult and Child! Which date have you picked? Mine is November 27th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skywalker1)
    More of you should be applying to Keele! It's one of the best after all 😉😄
    I've applied to Keele! Are you a current student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSecondDegree)
    When is your Brighton interview? Mine is on the 25th.
    Hi I have my interview at Brighton on Wednesday 4th, so scared!

Zoe x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCarlene)
    I remember having to go through that headache lmao. But luckily didn't have to go through that. Third time round lmao
    Coventry
    Wolvs
    Bcu
    Uob
    Nottingham what about you
    Lol oh god i feel fr u im already impatient and its been hardly 2 weeks.. Hopefully youll get in this yr!
    I didnt apply to Wolves went to the open day in Walsall and wasnt impressed tbh.

Im applying to:
    BCU
    UOB
    Nottingham
    Demontford
    Uni of Bradford

Are u attending the BCU open day on the 14th?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Bournemouth? I have my myhub account and my application has been acknowledged, but waiting to hear a decision. I've been waiting for three or four weeks now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    Has anyone heard anything from Bournemouth? I have my myhub account and my application has been acknowledged, but waiting to hear a decision. I've been waiting for three or four weeks now.
    I'm still waiting and have myhub set up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Showing wider reading is important, it shows the uni you are highly interested in your chosen course/career and also displays your research skills.
    The 6Cs and Francis report are good examples, other stuff could include recent news reports, privitisation of the NHS or the 5 Year Forward Summary. Overall somewhere in your PS you should try and show wider reading (according to my coll)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know quite a lot of nurses so asked for ps advice and basically all of them said not to include that stuff and leave it for interview cos ps is more meant to be about you.
    When I got onto my first degree which was forensic science Brighton uni who helped us with ps and said a similar thing x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    I know quite a lot of nurses so asked for ps advice and basically all of them said not to include that stuff and leave it for interview cos ps is more meant to be about you.
    When I got onto my first degree which was forensic science Brighton uni who helped us with ps and said a similar thing x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my college was admanant that I included wider reading in my PS as it had already hit the word limit I had to take out bits which i felt were important but the colleges PS helpers thought was irrelevant.😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else worrying? It's been a while now since I submitted my application and heard nothing yet people seem to be having interviews and offers already. Starting to worry my PS wasn't up to scratch and I'll be left with no offers x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    From what I remember, they do reply quite later than other uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    Anyone else worrying? It's been a while now since I submitted my application and heard nothing yet people seem to be having interviews and offers already. Starting to worry my PS wasn't up to scratch and I'll be left with no offers
    Hey don't worry! It's still really early days yet so some unis hold off until they've got more applications in. (Since now is prime time for the schools and colleges!) I still haven't heard anything from two of my choices, not even acknowledgements! So some are just quicker than others.

Where have you applied to? You could always call if you're worried but I think you'll be fine!

No news isn't a rejection so still good news. If they didn't want you they would decide pretty quickly. Kingston got back to me first with a no!

Stay positive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingK16)
    From what I remember, they do reply quite later than other uni's.
    Thank you! I am just waiting to hear back from Bournemouth and Coventry. Other unis I have heard from. Just getting really impatient now lol. I just wanna know if I have interviews from Bournemouth or Coventry.

Good luck at your Hertfordshire uni interview! I didn't get the chance to have an interview, as they declined me.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applying to Coventry looking to commute ?

ReputationRep:
    Lol oh god i feel fr u im already impatient and its been hardly 2 weeks.. Hopefully youll get in this yr!
    I didnt apply to Wolves went to the open day in Walsall and wasnt impressed tbh.

Im applying to:
    BCU
    UOB
    Nottingham
    Demontford
    Uni of Bradford

Are u attending the BCU open day on the 14th?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers all the way crossed haha!
    Wolvs is my second to last choice tbh uob and bcu are where j really wanna go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Hey don't worry! It's still really early days yet so some unis hold off until they've got more applications in. (Since now is prime time for the schools and colleges!) I still haven't heard anything from two of my choices, not even acknowledgements! So some are just quicker than others.

Where have you applied to? You could always call if you're worried but I think you'll be fine!

No news isn't a rejection so still good news. If they didn't want you they would decide pretty quickly. Kingston got back to me first with a no!

Stay positive!

I've applied to Hallam, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Leeds and Huddersfield. I would call but I think I have bugged them to death with questions already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    I've applied to Hallam, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Leeds and Huddersfield. I would call but I think I have bugged them to death with questions already!
    Don't worry about that. The unis expect questions!

When did you apply? Maybe leave it another week? You never know, I got three updates in a week after nothing for ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.